Canada at Par - NCL not honouring posted prices!!!!

hamburglar

I apologize if this has been posted before. I am so frustrated right now I could just punch a wall.

I have been receiving multiple emails lately about the Canada at Par promotion with NCL. I finally logged into the website today and found a cruise that suited me and my family perfectly. Called relatives, everyone got excited. I called NCL only to be told that the Bermuda cruises shouldn't be showing up on the website for this promotion. Sorry - you can't have this price!!!

I am shocked and feel very disrespected. I have cruised with NCL 3x in the past and am a Latitudes member. I spoke with both a CSR and a Manager. The Manager especially was extremely rude when I questioned him. It is so unprofessional to have something posted and not honour it.

Has anyone else exprienced this!? If you go to their website and search for the Canada at Par promotion, the Bermuda link is still clearly there. I tried calling external travel agencies for help and they could not help me. I am so frustrated and I just want the advertised price to be honoured.

Back before they introduced the Sail Away rate, I was checking my cruise price online and noticed the Guarantee Balcony was lower than my inside cabin rate. I was past final payment and just looking for a free cabin upgrade.

The rep told me that I wasn't supposed to be able to see that price as it was for Travel Agents only. I firmly noted that it wasn't my problem that I am able to view and BOOK under that category, and I was able to keep my promotions.

They didn't want to give me the cabin, but I wasn't giving up. Their website, their glitch, not my issue. I got the balcony cabin in the end.

Call back and talk to another rep.

I apologize if this has been posted before. I am so frustrated right now I could just punch a wall.

I have been receiving multiple emails lately about the Canada at Par promotion with NCL. I finally logged into the website today and found a cruise that suited me and my family perfectly. Called relatives, everyone got excited. I called NCL only to be told that the Bermuda cruises shouldn't be showing up on the website for this promotion. Sorry - you can't have this price!!!

I am shocked and feel very disrespected. I have cruised with NCL 3x in the past and am a Latitudes member. I spoke with both a CSR and a Manager. The Manager especially was extremely rude when I questioned him. It is so unprofessional to have something posted and not honour it.

Has anyone else exprienced this!? If you go to their website and search for the Canada at Par promotion, the Bermuda link is still clearly there. I tried calling external travel agencies for help and they could not help me. I am so frustrated and I just want the advertised price to be honoured.

Grab a screen shot ASAP so you have ammunition for them to argue

You can call and fight for it, but you don't have any legal standing to demand they give you an offer that is made in error. There is no "offer and acceptance" in this case. http://smallbusiness.chron.com/company-advertising-price-wrong-responsible-mistake-73117.html

But often companies will give in and try to compromise so it is worth fighting for.

Carlyle and the Carbolic Smoke Ball Company

unilateral offer once accepted is a contract...basic contract law...call back

Key words in your post are, "once accepted". OP clearly states that NCL did not accept his/her offer. No requirement to take a deal that is a mistake.

NCL tries to make a token discount to Canadians to alleviate the weak dollar, and makes one angry because it is not an "across the board discount". Sad!

unilateral offer made by NCL

cruiser is the one accepting

but I am also sure there is something in the fine print of the offer that gets NCL off the hook so probably no legal recourse

fine print also probably has rules requiring arbitration on Neptune in 2073.

and again free legal advice worth everything paid for it...plus I am Canadian and while US law is based on the same common law as ours the US does have a lot of weird statutory stuff

only chimed in to agree that the treatment of a customer by NCL was wrong. They may be legally right but blaming the customer not cool.

Have you tried booking using a Canadian TA instead of with NCL directly? You might still be able to get the sailing you want and the At Par promotion. Maybe some additional extras as well.:)

OP stated in original post that they also contacted TA's along with NCL with the same result.

• 1 month later...

We tried booking the Bermuda on Canada at par as well. I had the same problem where they wouldn't honor the posted prices at par. I went to a local Canadian TA and made several calls to NCL to try to resolve. This is what I learned. They only give you at par pricing on non promotional pricing and will not include free at sea offerings in the pricing. When I was booking the posted price was $749.00USD, so I was expecting to pay $749.00CAD. However this was a sail away rate, or a promotional price, so at par is excluded. So you can book $749.00 USD and allow VISA to exchange it to $975.00 CAD +-, depending on the card and the day. So the next pricing was $949.00 USD which is their non promotional rate, but at $949.00 you could take the free at sea promo and pay USD, or use the Canadian at par promo and pay $949.00CAD but no free at sea (Drinks and restaurants). So you don't save 30% as they advertise, you save about $20.00.

Not many of the NCL reps could explain this, however I was persistent and talked to someone who could actually explain it to me.

We just booked a 2nd cruise "at par" and it is the same racket. $799.00 USD sail away promo, which doesn't qualify for Canadian at par promo, which pushed us into the "standard" pricing of $1,049.00 USD including free at see, or $1,049.00 CAD no free at see. So it's a marketing spin to drive Canadians to their site in anticipation of getting a decent deal.

Now if any one has had a different experience I'd love to hear about it, however I have booked this CAD at par two times and this is my experience.

Phil

Without taking the time to dig, I am certain that there is a clause in the website T+C that basically says, "in case of error, our bad, sorry but you get nothing". Almost every commercial website has them...

Carlyle and the Carbolic Smoke Ball Company

unilateral offer once accepted is a contract...basic contract law...call back

A binding contract or an invitation to treat? LOL!!

(Lawyer jokes... funny to lawyers!!)

Edited by Kingmaker_inc