Serenade Arrival Delay Tomorrow

We just heard from RCI that we should not arrive at Port tomorrow until 1pm because of a late arrival of the Serenade. Still scheduled for 5pm departure for transatlantic. Has anyone heard of any issues on the Senenade? Roll Call confirms delay but no reason yet.

Medical emergency. She had to backtrack to Puerto Rico.

Thanks for the update. Hope everyone is ok. We'll have a small inconvenience with delayed boarding but what about the folks with early flights out of FLL?

They are going to wish that they hadn't booked early flights.

The passengers on board were told that they should be back in port at 9 A.M.

Disaster getting off. Very unorganized and lots of missed flights. We got off after 12!

We were on the cruise before yours and customs was a huge mess for us also; however your arrival was late, so not surprised that things didn't go as smoothly as expected. I hope the person with the medical emergency is OK.

Edited by mek

We did self debark and didn't hit the street until 11:30. I can't imagine what time the last person got off. Does anyone know if the ship left on time for the transatlantic?

Word on the ship was that the med emergency which caused the diversion was a heart attack. As it turned out, another passenger fell and broke a hip about two hours before the Coast Guard boat arrived, so was also taken off the ship. We watched the transfer from the Serenade to the Coast Guard boat, and it didn't go smoothly by any means! I was darned glad I was not one of the people in the litters. They also took 3 additional people (I assume family members of the two patients) and about 15 bags of luggage!

This delayed debark process was really, really unorganized. There were no officers or cruise staff around directing people. It was basically a free-for-all. It was a frustrating end to an otherwise perfect cruise.

Edited by lanabanana

We just got home from this cruise because we missed our flight yesterday. When we originally book our flight it was at 12:20pm but changed to 11:37am by the airline sometime later. It was still within the 11:30am minimum for luggage valet. Our airline, Jet Blue couldn't have been better with making the change for the flight the next day. They didn't charge a change fee either.

What was awful was the debarkation. Royal Caribbean told me the morning (5am) of our arrival that they were going to allow those with early flights to get off first. The girl at the desk of Guest Relations said they sent a letter out the night before about the plan but we didn't receive it. I was also told to meet at 10am at the theater by Guest Relations. The huge problem with this plan was there was no one the ship to manage it. At 8:15am this area was packed with a line extending to the photo area. As time got closer to 10pm it was out of control. People were still arriving by elevator, steps making area more and more congested. There were so many people you could not move either back or forward. I was near the men's and handicap restroom. Both became a unisex bathroom because woman's restroom was on the other side.

At 10:46 the assistant cruise director came down the steps as far as he could and told us that Customs problems was the hold up for getting off. He did nothing to relieve the congestion.

We finally got the airport as our flight was pulling away from the gate. I am not upset about missing our flight. Stuff like that happens and we are prepared for it. What is irritating to me that no one from the ship was of any aid at anytime at debarkation.

Shak

7f8567003deefb875c9dd3019727412a_zps8y44gfex.jpg

Edited by Shak