Shhh... I booked a secret cruise!

Foxinspace

Haven't told my family yet but I just put a (very cheap) deposit on a cruise for March Break 2018!!

2 of us got sick on our last cruise (not stomach related, in the lungs) and I want a do-over! So I booked the exact same cruise for 2 years from now. I hope to save up a little every week and pay for it out of my own spending money (or most of it anyways!)

So excited, I needed to share with someone! So Shhh... I have 682 days until our cruise and about 575-582 days of secret keeping. Wish me luck!

You will suddenly become everyone's best friend, but it's too far out. We usually have a cruised sometime out there, and then book a secret cruise somewhere half in between. Never gone goes wild when I announce about a month out.

So many secret keepers!!

I can't imagine keeping this a secret until we are ready to fly out. Everyone has to book the time off and pack!

Plus it'll be our only vacation that year so I'll tell everyone about a week before final payment in case they don't want to go on a cruise.

Thanks for the support all my fellow secret keepers!!

• 2 months later...

Update Time:

It's STILL a secret! I'm so proud. I have 594 days until we sail, so far it's been 88 days of secret keeping! I'm so glad I can come to the boards and hang out with other cruise people.

My partner knows I am saving money for something. In our family we order in dinner once a week, and I've been pocketing my money and making myself dinner instead. He doesn't know that I've stopped buying my daily coffee and muffin to save more money. So far I am right on track with my planned savings so Woo Hoo!

I've decided if anyone asks what I am saving for I will tell them a new sewing machine. Mine is fairly old, so it's not unreasonable that I might decide to buy a new one.

Well that's it. I'll check in again in another few months!

I've got one booked as a Christmas present for my husband in January. If all goes well he won't know until he opens the box on Christmas morning. He isn't suspecting a thing since we have a back-to-back booked for December. I agree, it's hard keeping it a secret!

Update Time:

It's STILL a secret! I'm so proud. I have 594 days until we sail, so far it's been 88 days of secret keeping! I'm so glad I can come to the boards and hang out with other cruise people.

My partner knows I am saving money for something. In our family we order in dinner once a week, and I've been pocketing my money and making myself dinner instead. He doesn't know that I've stopped buying my daily coffee and muffin to save more money. So far I am right on track with my planned savings so Woo Hoo!

I've decided if anyone asks what I am saving for I will tell them a new sewing machine. Mine is fairly old, so it's not unreasonable that I might decide to buy a new one.

Well that's it. I'll check in again in another few months!

Excellent!! Hope you are able to keep the cruise a secret :) .

I booked a Christmas cruise out of Baltimore that my wife and 2 girls have no clue about its gonna work out well there break starts Friday and we cruise that Saturday. I'm just gonna prolong bringing down all the Christmas stuff we leave for the conquest in twenty plus days so I'm sure they wont expect another cruise that soon, Yep I'm da Man Good luck keeping that on the DL

Wish I could book a trip and not tell the wife. She'd kill me. :(

I don't know how the family is going to take it when I do tell them. They aren't usually the big planners, they just let me do that, so I don't feel like I'm robbing them of fun planning.

I will tell them a couple weeks before final payment is due. That way we can change itineraries and/or dates depending on everyone's availability. Since I rebooked the exact same cruise there is a possibility they might want to change.

Maybe you could book a surprise weekend trip and work your way up to a surprise cruise!

I booked a Christmas cruise out of Baltimore that my wife and 2 girls have no clue about its gonna work out well there break starts Friday and we cruise that Saturday. I'm just gonna prolong bringing down all the Christmas stuff we leave for the conquest in twenty plus days so I'm sure they wont expect another cruise that soon, Yep I'm da Man Good luck keeping that on the DL

That sounds like sooo much fun! Are you sailing over Christmas day? When do you plan on telling them?

• 3 weeks later...

I need to tell someone....

On the weekend I joked to a dear friend of mine (not for the first time) that she should come on a cruise with us. She said absolutely but we never "ask" her to come. So I told her the secret (we were alone, rest of the family wasn't there).

We looked at other rooms for her to book, she even reached out to a few of our mutual friends to see if they might like to share a room with her. Again we told them it's a secret... so keep quiet!

Anyways... They haven't booked, but everyone is going to start saving some money and it's just possible that we will have some friends along with us! I might burst with excitement. All I want to do is talk to someone about how much fun we will all have and plans for excursions and going to the spa!! Except of course... I can't because "Shhh... it's a secret!"

So my fellow secret keepers wish me luck with my ever expanding club of secret cruisers.

Thanks!!

Oh that sounds like fun. I'm thinking about doing the same thing. We have a cruise booked for February 2017. But I'd like to do a short cruise before the 7 day cruise. And because I want to go to key west and Bahamas. Still debating haha

Wow-- we are a sneaky bunch!! Lol. I have surprised my kids with cruises before-- it's so much fun!!! I actually have a secret cruised booked for my youngest son's birthday in December. It was soooo hard not to tell him earlier this summer when he told me he wanted to go on a cruise again and didn't want to wait until next August when we have the Breeze booked.

I've been keeping one secret from my husband for the last couple of weeks. Luckily, I only have a few more weeks to go (hopefully). It's been torture! I can't imagine doing that for 2 years.

Well...the cruise that was supposed to be a graduation gift is now going to be an anniversary trip. As a result, I'll be keeping the secret until we get to the pier. I've already managed to get my hands on his passport, so I'll be able to tell him to just get in the car and not ask questions. This is going to be fun.

Wow-- we are a sneaky bunch!! Lol. I have surprised my kids with cruises before-- it's so much fun!!! I actually have a secret cruised booked for my youngest son's birthday in December. It was soooo hard not to tell him earlier this summer when he told me he wanted to go on a cruise again and didn't want to wait until next August when we have the Breeze booked.

Well...the cruise that was supposed to be a graduation gift is now going to be an anniversary trip. As a result, I'll be keeping the secret until we get to the pier. I've already managed to get my hands on his passport, so I'll be able to tell him to just get in the car and not ask questions. This is going to be fun.

I love all my fellow secret keepers! Some of you have done this multiple times, I can't believe it, you have very lucky families!

Now I have to decide if I should tell my family before our friends book. If our friends book their trip we are basically tied up into taking that cruise and we won't really be able to change. I don't think it's fair to dictate our yearly vacation to them. Sooo... I think I will have to tell my family if our friends decide yes, they want to come and are ready to book. That way if someone really has an objection we can all plan an alternative together.

Still very glad I get to come here and talk to other cruise people.

Thanks again!

I did this 2 years ago! I surprised my husband for our anniversary and my parents for their anniversary! It was awesome!

Now that I see this post, you have my wheels turning again! May just have to plan a surprise New Years cruise for 2017-2018! :D