Shhh... I booked a secret cruise!

Foxinspace

Haven't told my family yet but I just put a (very cheap) deposit on a cruise for March Break 2018!!

2 of us got sick on our last cruise (not stomach related, in the lungs) and I want a do-over! So I booked the exact same cruise for 2 years from now. I hope to save up a little every week and pay for it out of my own spending money (or most of it anyways!)

So excited, I needed to share with someone! So Shhh... I have 682 days until our cruise and about 575-582 days of secret keeping. Wish me luck!

Haven't told my family yet but I just put a (very cheap) deposit on a cruise for March Break 2018!!

2 of us got sick on our last cruise (not stomach related, in the lungs) and I want a do-over! So I booked the exact same cruise for 2 years from now. I hope to save up a little every week and pay for it out of my own spending money (or most of it anyways!)

So excited, I needed to share with someone! So Shhh... I have 682 days until our cruise and about 575-582 days of secret keeping. Wish me luck!

Nice! I could never keep a secret like that though :D

Sometime last year, I booked a secret cruise for our 25th anniversary. I was really struggling with how I was going to tell my wife. Christmas was coming up, maybe a present under the tree? Our oldest daughter was getting married, maybe I would slip her something during a dance at the reception? I was really having trouble figuring out how to let her know.

Never fear, over-eager PVP Person is here! One day, I hear the phone ring. My wife answers. I think nothing of it. Then, she comes into the room and asks, "are we going on a cruise?" I had no option at that point...."Um...Surprise?!?"

Seems, the PVP had called and said he wanted to see if she had any questions about her upcoming cruise. "What cruise?!?" Ooops.

It's all good, though. We had a good laugh about it. It was a surprise, after all!

(22 days until sailing!)

So, have you spilled the beans yet? ;-)

No bean spilling yet!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who has booked a secret cruise! I'm encouraged that other people have successfully kept the secret. I figure the first few weeks will be the hardest, but then my own excitement will have calmed down and I should be okay.

Yah to all us secret keepers!

I'll keep your secret too. We actually are sailing a do-over in December 2016. Still over 200 days to wait, so each week while I grocery shop ( Krogers if you have them ) I buy a Carnival gift card for us. This way, we save up cash to spend, the actual cash is not there to tempt. Plus we get Kroger points that can be used to get discounted gas prices. Hoping this time around that the weather is a bit warmer and the seas a bit calmer. Have fun and enjoy your trip when it comes around.

Congratulations, and here's to a speedy countdown!

I have 77 days until our "surprise" cruise. The day before embarkation is my DH's bday and our anniversary so I'm HOPING to keep it a secret until that night. I didn't even put his VIFP# on the reservation because I'm afraid they'd send him an email!

We'll already be on a vacation, but he thinks we're staying with friends the entire time. Little does he know we'll be cutting our visit short to jump on a boat! The upside is that he'd pack the same clothes whether he knew about the cruise or not. ;)

We did this for our son's 16'th birthday. We booked it almost 2 years in advance and invited family.

When it came time for the cruise we told him that I had to work for a week on business in Houston and they were going with me. The plan was we were going to stay in Galveston for the weekend prior to the "business trip". The goal was he would only find out the morning of the cruise.

Amazingly we keep it a complete secret from him until just two days before when we checked into the Moody Gardens hotel in Galveston. We had made arrangements to leave are car there during the cruise and while checking in the lady as the desk let the secret out by asking "So you will be needing to take the shuttle to the cruise terminal right?"

He was still super surprised when he got on the ship to see that that his grandparents came too.

Our last cruise was in January and I had purchased it as a surprise for my 3 boys and husband for Christmas. The only people that knew originally were my husband's admin assistant and my oldest son, since I had to check his college athletic schedule to make sure they didn't have practices or team meetings. I thought it was the perfect secret until I was playing Bunco and my friends and their families happened to be going on the exact cruise! One of their daughters was walking through the high school and mentioned to my son how fun the cruise was going to be! I tried to play it off, but by the time Christmas rolled around, the only one we were able to keep the secret from was my husband! Still well worth it and I'll probably book without them knowing again! [emoji12]

Edited by ptcounselor

I feel sorry for Foxinspace having to wait 682 days to cruise and having to keep it secret all that time. I am going on the Pride in 58 days and I booked this cruise 458 days out. It has been a long year of waiting so I can't imagine waiting 682 days. One thing for sure that when you do get on the ship you will have a blast. HAPPY SAILING!!!

Wow you're strong keeping a secret that long!!! My last cruise was a secret Christmas gift for the kids. I booked 42 days out & had around 21 days until I could tell them Christmas morning. They found out in the yearly letter their Elf On The Shelf leaves them. I almost died waiting 3 weeks so props to you if you can keeo up for almost 2 years!

In 2011 I took my grandsons to Europe for 3 weeks including a cruise.

I kept it a surprise until the night before we flew out. Had it all planned for about 18 months.

Flew to Ft Laud and told them they were visiting their uncle. Went to dinner night before flight out and we had the waitress give each the bill in the holder. Inside that was their boarding pass. Their faces were PRICELESS!! Next surprise was a limo from FL to Miami. And last their favorite uncle was going too. Limo driver was in on it and started to drive off. He then came in as we were in line. Priceless again!