Fascination out of Barbados

love2traveljen

Well, I just book this cruise for Dec 27th 2017. I know it's over a year away and it is an odd cruise as will be joining in Barbados rather than San Juan on the 24th. Has anybody joined a cruise in Barbados bed cruise? I just want to know what it's like.

Thanks!

This is nothing unusual. Carnival has been doing this for a long time, years. Most of the people who get on in Barbados before have been from Europe (mostly the UK). Most of the cabins are reserved for passengers embarking in San Juan. So you if you get on in Barbados there will be a large turnover when in San Juan. But since you are in San Juan until 10PM passengers will be embarking all day long and some will be getting back off and spending time in Old San Juan. If you are on a excursion you will probably not notice a whole lot of this. If you are getting on in San Juan there will be even less passengers getting on in Barbados and you will notice it even less.

It has also been reported on here that passengers originating in Barbados are required to get off the ship in San Juan. I assume Customs wants a zero passenger count on board before they will clear the ship to board passengers in San Juan.

When you board in Barbados you also get access to your room right away and there is a separate Muster Drill in one of the lounges as well.

There is normally not a huge number of people and in addition to those passengers from UK there are quite a few locals embarking/debarking as well.

Most people only notice this when they see folks with all their bags in tow:).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

We joined the cruise from Barbados in June ... and it was great ... 4 days into the cruise we dropped off people in San Juan and picked up new passengers. We had to choose Barbados as it is easier and more economical for us to get there than San Juan (from Vancouver, BC).

Over all it was a great cruise (for us) :)

Well, I just book this cruise for Dec 27th 2017. I know it's over a year away and it is an odd cruise as will be joining in Barbados rather than San Juan on the 24th. Has anybody joined a cruise in Barbados bed cruise? I just want to know what it's like.

Thanks!

Hi Jen we have cruised Carnival Victory from Barbados in 2011 as we fly from the UK and have a week,s in a hotel first the embarkation is very easy dont expect a proper cruise terminal, as it,s one of there cargo shed,s there are a few admin crew around , imigration and a seperate table to take your photo for your boarding card you will be through in twenty minuet,s , we are also picking up thomson TUI discovery in march doing the same cruise, but also looking at Facination for 2018, have a lovely cruise, my best island is St martin enjoy howard

• 4 weeks later...
When you board in Barbados you also get access to your room right away...

Why would they be able to access their room right away? If people embark in Barbados, that means that people debark in Barbados as well. So it makes logical sense that the stewards still need time to clean those rooms, just like they would in San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Why would they be able to access their room right away? If people embark in Barbados, that means that people debark in Barbados as well. So it makes logical sense that the stewards still need time to clean those rooms, just like they would in San Juan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well it may not make logical sense to you but that is what happens.

Maybe you should ask the cruise line why that is.[emoji17]

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Well it may not make logical sense to you but that is what happens.

Maybe you should ask the cruise line why that is.[emoji17]

Hi Bajan keith just a quick one we are coming back to Barbados in march and staying at the SAND,S HOTEL Barbados, i have heard they are still renovating the property could you please give me any up date, also what is the name of the cricket ground just north of the airport because my local team Hampshire are here when we arrive for there pre season warm up, as i live one mile from the the rose bowl and we have the windie,s back for a one day sept 2017, sorry it,s not cruising but can come back to that. thank,s Howard :cool:

Hi Bajan keith just a quick one we are coming back to Barbados in march and staying at the SAND,S HOTEL Barbados, i have heard they are still renovating the property could you please give me any up date, also what is the name of the cricket ground just north of the airport because my local team Hampshire are here when we arrive for there pre season warm up, as i live one mile from the the rose bowl and we have the windie,s back for a one day sept 2017, sorry it,s not cruising but can come back to that. thank,s Howard :cool:

I am a huge cricket fan and I use to play the game so talking cricket is never a problem[emoji1] .

Which local team is Hampshire playing? The only ground I can think of North of the airport is Foursquare cricket ground which is home to the Pickwick cricket club.

Where is the hotel you are referring to located? The Sands Hotel is not a name I am familiar with.

I am a huge cricket fan and I use to play the game so talking cricket is never a problem[emoji1] .

Which local team is Hampshire playing? The only ground I can think of North of the airport is Foursquare cricket ground which is home to the Pickwick cricket club.

Where is the hotel you are referring to located? The Sands Hotel is not a name I am familiar with.

Hi keith thank you for coming back to me, firstly the Sand,s Hotel is the old sandy bay beach hotel at Worthing on the south coast. CRICKET :) Hant,s are playing at Windward cc 15th and 16th t20 against Nott,s warwick, and university of the west indie,s, we come out for a week,s stay then cruising on Thomson TUI Discovery up as far as Tortola St kitt,s ECT we done this cruise last year on the old thomson celebration just luv it :cool: Thank,s again Keith PS how is fidel Edward,s we have missed him and his bowling :eek: HOWARD

Hi Howard,

I think Sandy Bay is still under renovations at this time.

Windward cricket ground is a little further than the aforementioned Foursquare CG.

The Windward cricket club is actually captained by a former school and teammate of mine. He is a wicketkeeper/batsman.

I honestly have lost track of Fidel's career a bit but I always thought he was one of our better bowlers and as quick as any I have seen in international cricket. Last I knew he was spending a lot of time in Trinidad with the Bravo boys.

Hi Howard,

I think Sandy Bay is still under renovations at this time.

Windward cricket ground is a little further than the aforementioned Foursquare CG.

The Windward cricket club is actually captained by a former school and teammate of mine. He is a wicketkeeper/batsman.

I honestly have lost track of Fidel's career a bit but I always thought he was one of our better bowlers and as quick as any I have seen in international cricket. Last I knew he was spending a lot of time in Trinidad with the Bravo boys.

HI Keith getting back to Cruising i see Carnival have ordered three 180,ooo ton ship,s 5,200 pax P.O Cruises uk are having one but to be honest P.O have a job filling Britannia with 3,500 pax every week, ok fiord,s in Norway and the Baltic,s are very popular, but we will wait with baited breath. my self iam an o.a,p but still work for a cruise parking co in Southampton, and enjoy the SAINT,S FC and HANT,S CC what about you, HOWARD

HI Keith getting back to Cruising i see Carnival have ordered three 180,ooo ton ship,s 5,200 pax P.O Cruises uk are having one but to be honest P.O have a job filling Britannia with 3,500 pax every week, ok fiord,s in Norway and the Baltic,s are very popular, but we will wait with baited breath. my self iam an o.a,p but still work for a cruise parking co in Southampton, and enjoy the SAINT,S FC and HANT,S CC what about you, HOWARD

I was reading about the order of those ships as well. How many ships does P&O have? Maybe they are thinking build it and they will come with this new ship.

Maybe they will start to market P&O to the locals here because even though the ships home port here. ..the locals know very little about this particular brand.

I am a huge sports fan in general so whatever sport is currently playing you will usually find me following[emoji1].

I was reading about the order of those ships as well. How many ships does P&O have? Maybe they are thinking build it and they will come with this new ship.

Maybe they will start to market P&O to the locals here because even though the ships home port here. ..the locals know very little about this particular brand.

I am a huge sports fan in general so whatever sport is currently playing you will usually find me following[emoji1].

Hi keith mid November you will see Azura and britannia home base Barbados doing eastern and western caribbean fly cruises, i think also Britannia is doing week cruises from st, lucia, my cruise ship TUI discovery 1 ex splendour of the sea home base BARBADOS,and sailing A.B.C. ISLAND,S eastern Caribbean, and down to Tobago st, Vincent and bequia. geting back to departure,s many local,s from your lovely island also love there cruising on the Thomson product, Hotel,s stayed MANGO BAY twice, sea brezzes twice, the old almond cassuarina, and sand,s barbados if ever built, :D howard

Hi keith mid November you will see Azura and britannia home base Barbados doing eastern and western caribbean fly cruises, i think also Britannia is doing week cruises from st, lucia, my cruise ship TUI discovery 1 ex splendour of the sea home base BARBADOS,and sailing A.B.C. ISLAND,S eastern Caribbean, and down to Tobago st, Vincent and bequia. geting back to departure,s many local,s from your lovely island also love there cruising on the Thomson product, Hotel,s stayed MANGO BAY twice, sea brezzes twice, the old almond cassuarina, and sand,s barbados if ever built, :D howard

Yes..Thompson is quite popular. No US Visa is normally required for their iteniaries and most of the islands are usually off the beaten path, so that combination makes for a popular cruise (not to mention that pricing is normally quite good as well[emoji106] ).

I would actually like to take one of those cruises one day soon.

It seems you have stayed on both coasts of the island. Casaurina is quite nice and will actually be taken over by and converted to a Sandals in the near future.

Yes..Thompson is quite popular. No US Visa is normally required for their iteniaries and most of the islands are usually off the beaten path, so that combination makes for a popular cruise (not to mention that pricing is normally quite good as well[emoji106] ).

I would actually like to take one of those cruises one day soon.

It seems you have stayed on both coasts of the island. Casaurina is quite nice and will actually be taken over by and converted to a Sandals in the near future.

HI KEITH ithink our American cruiser,s might be pead off by now hogging this board, sorry folk,s SATURDAY, SAINT,S take on ARSENAL c,mon you Saint,s

HI KEITH ithink our American cruiser,s might be pead off by now hogging this board, sorry folk,s SATURDAY, SAINT,S take on ARSENAL c,mon you Saint,s

[emoji1] ...may well be Howard but I am sure our American counterparts will understand. ..it's not often you get to talk cricket and football on these boards and that would be REAL football not what our north American friends call football[emoji1]

• 3 weeks later...
[emoji1] ...may well be Howard but I am sure our American counterparts will understand. ..it's not often you get to talk cricket and football on these boards and that would be REAL football not what our north American friends call football[emoji1]

Hi Keith four win,s on the trott, hamered those hammer,s 3 0 c,mon you saint,s :D