Allure vs Reflection

bubbadogmom

Doing this for a friend.

Based on what they want - 7 day Caribbean, I've narrowed it down to the reflection and allure.

It's a couple with a 13 yr old. Cruise is end Jan / start February.

Reflection sounds to have a good program for her, the silhouette not as much.

Allure - they say hands down best kids/teens activities.

I happen to love Celebrity - and I think they will too. Wondering if allure is a little too big to start with?

I'm thinking reflection - anyone want to chime in with if I should go allure instead?

Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The Allure is a great ship. There is plenty to do. I never really felt like it was that crowded with the exception of after shows, and even that wasnt too bad. I do not know anythign about the Reflection, but I know that the Allure would be a good first cruise as it was ours.

Reflection is a more sedate cruise line with MUCH less to do both during the day and evening than Allure. If I had kids, I would always choose Royal Caribbean because they have all the things that kids love, and Reflection has none of those things. I don't think it's so much a difference with kids who are five and younger, but when you're talking about teens, Allure is the only way to go. Plus, I'm assuming they're taking the 13 year old out of school for this cruise? Since most kids will be in school at that time, Celebrity will not have many, if any, kids in that age group. We cruise a lot in January/Feb on Celebrity and the only kids we tend to see are babies and toddlers. So if the parents of this teen want other kids to hang around with, you won't find that with Celebrity in January. The only time in Feb you'll find kids is during President's Week, and even then, Celebrity just doesn't tend to attract lots of families in winter. Summer cruises, yes, but not winter.

BTW, the programs on both Reflection and Silhouette are basically the same since they're the same cruise line. Their programs don't tend to change from ship to ship.

Edited by kitty9

I have never been on the Reflection (although I have been on Celebrity before) and I have been on the Allure twice. I think a couple and 13 year old kid would do wonderfully on the Allure. It is an amazing ship!! The young teen will love the surfing and body surfing, the ice skating, the zip line, the rock climbing, the sports area, and the pools. There is a teen club too. The shows are out of this world, especially the Ocean Aria show, which is outdoors and a diving/acrobatic show. I would recommend Allure.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on both Reflection and Oasis (sister ship to Allure). Both of them are beautiful boats. But different... Reflection is stunningly beautiful!! But really mostly an older crowd there. 30+. It seems like we didn't even see any other children on the boat until about the 3rd day. I was with my two teenage daughters for spring break and we only saw a few other teenagers. Allure/Oasis is great for children and teenagers. There is so much to do for everyone. For me.... If I am going on a trip with just my husband and myself, reflection would be great. But always, if the children are around (mine are ages 15-21), I would always choose Allure or Oasis.

For me.... If I am going on a trip with just my husband and myself, reflection would be great. But always, if the children are around (mine are ages 15-21), I would always choose Allure or Oasis.

I agree whole heartedly with this advice...and I've been on both of these lines and ship classes several times. :)