Evening Chic in Europe

chrissie p

We are British although - only those in the UK from England tend to call themselves British - we Scots are Scots not "British".

I couldn't pass this up... From my experience I'd say the opposite...

I'm very much English & not British and from England not Britain/uk

I couldn't pass this up... From my experience I'd say the opposite...

I'm very much English & not British and from England not Britain/uk

Glad to hear it ! So you should be and proud of it :)

I hate the "BRITS" word - does my head in - be proud of your nation indeed!

With luggage concerns, since they started the Evening Chic, my husband plans on wearing a very nice polo shirt (not the golf type ones) with dark pants and dress shoes for evening Chic. I will wear nice black pants with a sparkly type top. In the past, he has alway worn a suit with dress shirt and tie, but considering that "designer jeans" are now considered Evening Chic, I figure what he is wearing will be fine. We are in our early 60's and would not wear "designer jeans". We are going out of Venice, spending 3 nights pre-cruise before a 12 night cruise. We don't want to lug an extra bag between the charges on the airline and having to get over bridges to get to our hotel pre-cruise.

We're on the same cruise

I've been following these "Evening Chic" threads for a while and still can't make head nor tail of the mess Celebrity have created!!! :mad:

I'm British (no, not overly "formal") and mid 60's and dress in what I would call "evening chic" every night!!! but no jacket. Formal nights were for me, a differentiation and an opportunity to wear a Dinner Suit (a Tux is actually a white dinner jacket).

As ships are air conditioned anyway I can't see that wearing a jacket is a hardship and I will probably still pack my DJ......whether I wear it for the 2nd 2Evening Chic" night will depend whether I'm the only one or not!!! ;)

We're on the same cruise

I've been following these "Evening Chic" threads for a while and still can't make head nor tail of the mess Celebrity have created!!! :mad:

I'm British (no, not overly "formal") and mid 60's and dress in what I would call "evening chic" every night!!! but no jacket. Formal nights were for me, a differentiation and an opportunity to wear a Dinner Suit (a Tux is actually a white dinner jacket).

As ships are air conditioned anyway I can't see that wearing a jacket is a hardship and I will probably still pack my DJ......whether I wear it for the 2nd 2Evening Chic" night will depend whether I'm the only one or not!!! ;)

It's not a mess. From someone who dissembarked Monday it worked fabulously. People were dressed up and looked good. Some were just not in traditional formal wear. It's called progress, not a mess.

It's not a mess. From someone who dissembarked Monday it worked fabulously. People were dressed up and looked good. Some were just not in traditional formal wear. It's called progress, not a mess.

Common language, different interpretation!

I only referred to it as such as so many people seemed unsure :)

Hi Paul, well we're English and on your cruise too. We are travelling with friends and our menfolk are wearing their DJ's and we ladies will be in long dresses on Chic nights. We fully subscribe to the notion that people should wear what they want, we don't have a problem with anyone wearing whatever they feel comfortable in. But for us we enjoy "dressing up" in long dresses and our men like wearing their DJ's so that's our choice. So you won't be alone, there will be three of you, at least.

Just over four weeks to go and cannot wait.

Nancy

Recent experience on Celebrity TA, there were definately some DJs and tuxedos on EC nights. One lady wore a long gown every night. They were all beautiful dresses and she looked great. I know that a TA is a different ambiance to other cruises and there were many Europeans onboard but there were very few who did not dress up a little more on EC nights. Not much different from the old formal nights from what I could see.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Last night my husband almost made me pass out when he told me he was having his tux cleaned. I said why, you are brining your tux? He said yes.

I said there's no more formal night. He said he knows but he's still dressing up on Evening Chic nights.

Hi Paul, well we're English and on your cruise too. We are travelling with friends and our menfolk are wearing their DJ's and we ladies will be in long dresses on Chic nights. We fully subscribe to the notion that people should wear what they want, we don't have a problem with anyone wearing whatever they feel comfortable in. But for us we enjoy "dressing up" in long dresses and our men like wearing their DJ's so that's our choice. So you won't be alone, there will be three of you, at least.

Just over four weeks to go and cannot wait.

Nancy

Nancy

Thanks for your post...........I'm definitely taking my DJ :D

I had a look on the Roll Call for our cruise as I didn't recognise your name. I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but it's good to get to know folk before departure.

See you at the sailaway? which leaving Venice (which I have done before) is just wonderful :)