Can someone not doing a specific excursion ride there with family members?

zaclies

Odd question I know, but I'm booking my wife and daughter to do a dolphin excursion in Cozumel at Chankanaab and I'm also going but just not doing the excursion. Do I have to find my own transportation or can I ride with them. We've never done a ship excursion before, so I have no clue how everything works. TIA

Email shore excursions and ask that question. You might ask if you can pay a transportation fee only as you are not going to do the excursion. My guess is that they would not reserve a seat on the bus for a passenger that was not paying for the full excursion because they would lose money, but you have nothing to lose by asking if this is possible.

Email shore excursions and ask that question. You might ask if you can pay a transportation fee only as you are not going to do the excursion. My guess is that they would not reserve a seat on the bus for a passenger that was not paying for the full excursion because they would lose money, but you have nothing to lose by asking if this is possible.

Thanks. I might just book it without going through Carnival and all of us take a taxi, but I will email and ask. Thanks

We have been in that same circumstance (DH & DS snorkel, I do not like to), we have asked in the past and the answer was "no". They will not give a seat up on the tour for someone not doing the tour and just wants to ride along (unless I wanted to just pay the price regardless). They told us I would need to get to the destination on my own. But it does not hurt to ask just so you know.

In January we booked an all day kind of free time "transpo" only tour (lots of free time on our own) to a destination (with Carnival) but then once there we purchased the stuff separately that DS & DH wanted to do. Just make sure the time is factored into both things so that you can be sure to make the transportation back to ship.

You could just take your own transportation to the destination and then purchase only what you need. Again make sure you watch your times so you are back on the ship in plenty of time.

Edited by Drazil65

There is a non participant fee you can pay in order to go in the vehicle and then watch and enter the park. You need to ask the excursion desk for that one. We have done this on several CARNIVAL SPONSORED Excursions with both my mom and my youngest DD without any problems. Once they just had us pay the tour operator directly with cash and then the other time they just adjusted the excursion price to the non participant fee (that was for the same dolphin swim in Chankanaab)

Edited by cruisecraze96

This was about 10 years ago but we did the same excursion and Carnival gave us a taxi voucher to get to the park. If they still do this, I'm sure you could go in the taxi with them, maybe for a little money.

It is not a far taxi ride if you need to go alone. As others have said, try to book independently and cab it over. We did this about four years after our first trip and it was a lot cheaper and the group was a lot smaller.

Chankanaab is so easy to do on your own and you can stay and enjoy all the other amenities. It is an $11 taxi ride and they are very easy to get. There is so much to do there. Also go on the Internet and download a $2 off coupon, every little bit helps. I usually swim with the manatees, but friends have done the dolphin encounter and really liked it.