Is this a good upsell offer?

Savaann

Hi everyone :) We are a family of 4 cruising on the GEM May 14th, currently booked in a MB mini suite. We paid $4000 for our trip (kids are sailing free, including the fees for the UDP & UBP). I've been calling the upsell line for 2 weeks and the price to move to the Haven 2 bedroom is $1500. There are 3 rooms left. I've never tried for an upsell before (or been in the Haven) so I don't know how good the chances are for the rate to go down even more. Should I just do it now or wait? Thank you for any advice that you can offer! Sylvia

Your sailing in less than two weeks so I would call and try making them an offer if no go then take it for $1500.

They will no doubt be offered out soon.

Make your pick of suite so you can book on the spot. It is a good price.

Edited by FranknBeans

Yes, take it. The selling factor is what would that level of cabin cost you if you booked it outright in the first place? It would definitely be significantly more.

For us, we booked a regular AFT balcony (B1) on the Escape and with taxes, port fees, transfer, beverage surcharge and dinner surcharge (4 meals) we were at $1866 p/p. We were able to secure an upsell to the Haven AFT suite fro another $1000 p/p. We took it immediately. At the time of our booking the base price for the Haven AFT is around $3600 p/p. None the less we jumped on it and got the last Haven AFT available. We secured this last Wednesday and we sail on May 14th.