Adventure B2B Trip & Ultimate Beach Review 4/16/16 - 4/30/16 (photo bomb)!!!

To be honest, after that many beaches over such a long period of time, I was having trouble making fair evaluations. Then I stepped out onto this beach and it was no contest.

Good to know about the turtles. The ship had an excursion to see them, but I don't know the cost. I'm guessing it was more than $25. Nice to know that with gear, you can just go. :D

Where they feed the turtles is about 150-200 yards off of the beach. If you are a confident swimmer just watch where the turtle sightseeing boats go an go to the area. They feed the turtles to bring them in. I was swimming right along with the people off of the boats. I'm sure the tour people aren't to happy about you swimming out on your own but what can they do?

Thank you so much AZ and you somewhat silent sidekick for a fantastic review. Was great to relive my time along with you through your pictures. Great pictures and comments to go along with them.

Although after not having a drink for quite a few years, I may need to go get a new just for today chip. That may have been considered a relapse:eek::cool:

Thanks for the Fantastic review!!

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review! Loved it! Barbados is one of my favorite islands for the beach, as well.

Hope to cruise with you sometime! You seem like a lot of fun! :)

Ruth

Thank you so much for doing this!! I woke up every day excited to see your updates! You did a great job and I think all of us 30,000 viewers should pitch in a dollar for ya to take a few more cruises! You'd have to do reviews of course! What does everyone think?? ;);)

You're awesome! :)

AZAficianado:

Just a little "by the way". When you were in Old San Juan you took a picture of a cemetery. Do you know who's buried in that cemetery? It's Raul Julia (Gomez Addams). I have a hobby of collecting photos of famous people's graves. Also, that bar where they supposedly invented the Pina Colada, they have the most filthy mouthed parrot in there!

Loved your review! I hope to someday share a martini and cigar with you. I'll bring the cigars!

Elvis

Where they feed the turtles is about 150-200 yards off of the beach. If you are a confident swimmer just watch where the turtle sightseeing boats go an go to the area. They feed the turtles to bring them in. I was swimming right along with the people off of the boats. I'm sure the tour people aren't to happy about you swimming out on your own but what can they do?

We could see where that was from the beach and I agree that if you are a good swimmer, it isn't very far.

There was a fair amount of boat activity, even near the beach. So, I'd be careful while swimming out there.

Thank you so much AZ and you somewhat silent sidekick for a fantastic review. Was great to relive my time along with you through your pictures. Great pictures and comments to go along with them.

Although after not having a drink for quite a few years, I may need to go get a new just for today chip. That may have been considered a relapse:eek::cool:

Thanks for the Fantastic review!!

You are most welcome and I'm glad you enjoyed the review!!! :D

Are you trying to say I'm a bad influence when it comes to drinks?!? 'Cause, I am. ;)

Thank you so much for such a fantastic review! Loved it! Barbados is one of my favorite islands for the beach, as well.

Hope to cruise with you sometime! You seem like a lot of fun! :)

Ruth

I'm so glad you did!!! :D

You know where to find me - days on the beach, the rest of the time at the Champagne Bar. :eek: :cool: Mention my review, and I'll buy the first round. :D

Thank you so much for doing this!! I woke up every day excited to see your updates! You did a great job and I think all of us 30,000 viewers should pitch in a dollar for ya to take a few more cruises! You'd have to do reviews of course! What does everyone think?? ;);)

You're awesome! :)

Wow. I don't know what to say to that other than a very humble thank you.:)

I have considered going pro (really, I have). It would mean cheap/free cruises, but it would be like work instead of vacation. Work, vacation, so hard to choose... So, I'll keep doing them like this as long as you folks keep reading them!!

Again, a very sincere thanks for the praise.

Let me add my "Thank You" for your review/sharing thread.

Having been on Adventure just a month ago, it brought back some nice memories, as well as enjoyed seeing a couple alternative ports.

It is entirely possible that I may have gained yet another pound looking at all the food pictures as well. :D

AZAficianado:

Just a little "by the way". When you were in Old San Juan you took a picture of a cemetery. Do you know who's buried in that cemetery? It's Raul Julia (Gomez Addams). I have a hobby of collecting photos of famous people's graves. Also, that bar where they supposedly invented the Pina Colada, they have the most filthy mouthed parrot in there!

Loved your review! I hope to someday share a martini and cigar with you. I'll bring the cigars!

Elvis

Elvis, I'd love to and I'll bring/buy the martinis!!

I didn't know that Raul Julia was buried there. I am a huge fan of his work. And next year, I'll be sure to see the parrot and have an "original" pina colada. :D

I'm so glad you enjoyed the review!! :)

Let me add my "Thank You" for your review/sharing thread.

Having been on Adventure just a month ago, it brought back some nice memories, as well as enjoyed seeing a couple alternative ports.

It is entirely possible that I may have gained yet another pound looking at all the food pictures as well. :D

You are most welcome and I'm really happy you got to relive some fond memories!! :)

While there was ample pictures of the food, both SolsticeAZ and I are very proud to say that the jeans we each wore at the start of the vacation fit exactly the same at the end of the vacation!! :cool: I can thank all those morning laps on the jogging track in the blazing tropic sun with ample humidity for that.

Rum Punch! Is there anything it can't do??? :D

At Magen's Bay, they had the orange and guava juice pre-mixed in a bottle. The bartender would up end three bottles to make the punch - one light rum, one dark rum, and the mixer. 2/3 rum will cure what ails you!!

If you love rum punch I recommend you look for Pimento Berry Liqueur. A dash is all you need for that authentic island flavor. If you can't find it you can make it. Google pimento dram recipe.

Cheers!

Thank you so much AZ and you somewhat silent sidekick for a fantastic review.

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the first, last, and only time that I have been or will be referred to as even "somewhat" silent. :D

In all seriousness, I considered joining in on this review, but the truth is this: there is only one person in this household with the patience, organizational skills, eye for photography, and sense of humor necessary to do one of these reviews justice, and that person ain't me!! So instead, I got to read along with the rest of you and enjoy the ride. I am glad so many of you enjoyed it as much as I did (though I'm really not sure AZAficionado needed the ego boost from all the compliments!!:eek:).

If you love rum punch I recommend you look for Pimento Berry Liqueur. A dash is all you need for that authentic island flavor. If you can't find it you can make it. Google pimento dram recipe.

Cheers!

I will have to look that up. Thank you!!! :)

In all seriousness, I considered joining in on this review, but the truth is this: there is only one person in this household with the patience, organizational skills, eye for photography, and sense of humor necessary to do one of these reviews justice, and that person ain't me!!

Well, it certainly ain't me!! So who is this mystery person living in our household?!? :eek:

You are most welcome!! :)

It is certainly one the few islands that I'd consider going to for a week. I think you made an awesome choice!! :D

For those interested, the islands I'd consider going to for a week are (in no particular order): Barbados, St. Maarten, and St. Kitts.

We spent a week on St. Maarten/St. Martin last April and absolutely loved it. We spent several days at Orient Bay since we were staying in a private villa there, but we also took the ferry to Anguilla one day, kayaked to Pinel Island one day, and spent a day with Capt Bob/Soualiga Destinations. Beautiful beaches, incredible food, ice cold rose with lunch, house made flavored rum after every meal... What's not to like?? It was up there with our favorite vacations ever.

We've been debating between a cruise on Allure or a week in Barbados for spring break 2017. Your photos of the beach in Barbados have me leaning in that direction.

Thanks for a great review!