NCL transfers?

tseitel

Hi. Had anyone used the transfers offered thru NCL? I was thinking of using their service from the Miami port to Ft Lauderdale airport, but have a few questions.

1. What time did they assign you to disembark?

2. Do they deal with the luggage? Meaning, if we put our bags out the night before, do we still have to claim them after customs and bring them to the bus/shuttle, or do they take care of that?

I know I could get transfers cheaper, but it would be worth it to us if they took care of the luggage, as my mom is somewhat mobility impaired.

I have been reading some stories here about people waiting 3 hours to get off the boat, so I'm also thinking if we have transfers thru the ship it might prevent that in a worst case scenario with customs.

Thanks for any input.

(1) Unfortunately there is no way to know how long it will take to go through Customs and Norwegian has NO control of what happens inside the terminal. Some weeks it goes very smoothly others not.

(2) If you purchase a transfer through Norwegian, you will be given information and special luggage times. Yes, your departure time is assigned depending on what time your flight leaves.

(3) Yes, you put your luggage out the night before and collected in the terminal before going through Customs. You can get wheelchair assistance from the ship into the terminal. Once you are inside the terminal there will be lots of porters to help push the wheelchair and gather your luggage.

I use Norwegian airport transfers with almost every cruise and it works well for me.

in the older dailies, they offered transfers on Tuesday I believe...for the trip to either airport.$16 to Mia and $25 to fort Lauderdale. Yes, per person. There were flight time restrictions only for flights after 12:00 noon for MIA and flights after 12:30 pm for fort Lauderdale Deadline to purchase is 6:00 on Thursdays

When I used NCL's transfer from Miami to FLL, the assigned time to disembark was based on my flight time.

If you have an earlier flight, say 1:30 pm, you get off sooner than a 5:00 pm flight time.

about disembarkation if you have NCL Transfer to the airports.

You will be given a specific color coded luggage tag and time to get off, that enables them to get everyone on the bus with their luggage stowed. Seems they will not guarantee that you will make your flight unless it is after the times I previously reported.

In this case has nothing to do with your flight time, but everything to do with having the transfer. all people with transfer will be called off together.

When I was on the Getaway in September, the debarkation using the NCL transfer was staggered based on flight time.

All NCL transfers did not disembark at the same time.

I agree with the times Into Cruising posted before, they do not promise to get you to the airport with a flight that was too early. I do think it was 12:30 for FLL.

Getaway Debarkation.pdf

Edited by monl765
comment about too early flights