Regal Copenhagen

We'll I've been lurking here for a while researching information for a possible Baltic cruise for myself, but I finally decided to create a profile and ask a question.

My Aunt is going on the Regal Princess next month with a very short stop in Copenhagen. My research tells me that the Regal may not be able to make it through the archipelago and may not actually dock in Copenhagen.

If it doesn't dock there and in the place 40 minutes away, will Princess have some sort of shuttle for those who don't have formal tours, or will they just miss Copenhagen. Right now she tells me that the ship is scheduled to dock in Copenhagen, but I have seen older posting that say if the weather isn't right they may have dock at this other place.

Please do further investigation, as I believe you referring to Stockholm which has the docking problems and alternate docking location you refer to and not Copenhagen.

The Regal is home ported in Copenhagen all summer and has no "Short Port Times" scheduled as a visiting port.

Srpilo

Isn't great to have a place to ask the questions?? I love CC! I always come here for answers & info! When DH asks, "How the heck do you know these things??" (Like about the aft deck on the Island where we recently enjoyed watching the Panama Canal locks with only a couple dozen other people vs the thousands on the other open decks??) "CC of course" is always my answer!

Happy sailing! :D

SRPILO is correct. At Stockholm the ship anchors at Nynashamn and it is a tender port. Nynashamn is 45 mins from downtown Stockholm. We were there in 2014 and there may have been a pay shuttle offered as a Princess tour. There is also a train. There are no tourist sites in Nynashamn.

In Copenhagen the ship docks near the Little Mermaid Statue. You can walk into town, but it is a little far. There are taxis and a HO HO bus.

For most cruises the Regal is now able to dock in Stockholm but my understanding is that some of the cruises she will still tender at Nynashamn. Not sure why. The Regal is now in the midst of her first Baltic cruise of the season during which I believe she will tender at Nynashamn. We embark next Thursday, the 12th, and were originally scheduled for tendering at Nynashamn but it has changed to docking in Stockholm.

SRPILO is correct. At Stockholm the ship anchors at Nynashamn and it is a tender port. Nynashamn is 45 mins from downtown Stockholm. We were there in 2014 and there may have been a pay shuttle offered as a Princess tour. There is also a train. There are no tourist sites in Nynashamn.

In Copenhagen the ship docks near the Little Mermaid Statue. You can walk into town, but it is a little far. There are taxis and a HO HO bus.

The city bus also stops a very short walk from the ship in Copenhagen.

In Stockholm (Nynasham) we did a Stockholm on your own tour through Princess which bussed us into Stockholm, took us for a short walking tour through an older section of town and to the Vasa Museum. After the Vasa they dropped us off near the Palace and we had time to view the changing of the guard, have lunch, and explore the city on our own. I can't remember if there was a shuttle into town but we would most likely have booked this tour anyway simply for the "skip the line" tickets to the Vasa. The lines at the Vasa are usually very long.

Please do further investigation, as I believe you referring to Stockholm which has the docking problems and alternate docking location you refer to and not Copenhagen.

The Regal is home ported in Copenhagen all summer and has no "Short Port Times" scheduled as a visiting port.

Srpilo

So sorry, you are correct is is Stockholm not Copenhagen.

For our May 23 Baltic cruise we are actually docking in Stockholm. Got notified quite a while ago about the change in plans. This also changed the tours offered by Princess.

I was talking with my Aunt because she is doing the Baltic this year and I am considering it for next year.

She is adventurous enough that she booked an independent tour of Stockholm, (Not Copenhagen), and I am worried about what would happen if the ship ends up having to use the alternate port.

Is this pretty much a sure thing now that Regal has gotten clearance for Stockholm and the Archipelago?

If you dock in Stockholm (at the ferry port across from the main town), you can buy harbor ferry passes at the end of the pier. Smaller ships can dock northeast of town and you need to take a train or bus into town. You can also get a Stockholm card that gets you into many museums (including Vasa and Skansen), harbor and bus transportation. And the card gets you in through the tour guide entries so you bypass the long lines.

Assuming you dock in town it is pretty hard to get lost. Most of the city is on small islands and you can see the ship. And from downtown you can walk past the ferry terminal to the ship in about 20 minutes.

Some of the summer cruises sail straight into Stockholm and some dock at Nynasham. The difference is that when she sails all the way in the leaving time is listed as 2pm. When she docks at Nynasham you don`t leave until 7pm.