Carnival Magic review April 23-30, 2016

DKNE

EEk, I am excited for October.

How did your kids find the camp staff?

(On our first cruise there were only 49 kids on board!)

Our daughter went into the Camp Ocean (sharks age) a few times. She said she found it rather boring. Maybe cause she was 11 and her brother moved up to the next age group club. But the counsellors were all nice.

The tween club (ages 12-14) my son never even went once as it seemed to be more of a 'socializing' thing and he's not into that, he met some friends on the sports deck and had a great time that way.

Thanks for posting your review. We are taking the kids (DS12 & DD11) on their first cruise April 2017 on this ship, Western itinerary though but glad your family had a great time. We are looking forward to seeing the kids experience this.

They will love it. Our kids won't let us cruise without them now lol :rolleyes:

Was on the same cruise as OP. It was almost a perfect cruise and had a blast.

I have the fun times on PDF files for the trip. I will try to link them later or I can email them later, they are at home right now.

Also Elegant nights were Sunday (the first sea day) and surprisingly Wednesday (San Juan)

What about to menus? I've never been on a ship with the new menus. Everyone keeps they post it, but it's only one day.

You mentioned that in Amber Cove that do have guys providing transportation by bike . Do you happen to know what the recommended tip amount would be. Will be going on on the Magic soon and this is one of the ports that I have never been to , so would like to go onshore and possibly take a tour. I am currently going through chemo and am not sure how much energy I will have , but lookin forward to some much needed fun time with family. I am assuming this same transportation would be available back to the ship. Thanks for your review

We did this same itinerary on the Valor a few months ago (January) and loved it so much we are booked on the Magic in December this year. We loved San Juan, did the Historic district and did not see a lot of homeless or poor areas, we totally enjoyed the forts and the walking through the historical area. Had a great lunch in an outside café, took great pix as the weather was in the low 80's, the streets were quaint and many musicians that enhanced the cultural experience.

We have been to St. Thomas before but have never been to Coki Beach, so we grabbed a taxi and went this past cruise to snorkel (DH & DS). Not a fan of this beach at all, over crowded, snorkeling not great (just ok) and much more open pot smoking then other beaches we have visited. Beach sand was littered with cigarette butts and various other things due to the crowds. Much nicer beaches in St. Thomas to go to for sure.

We are excited to see the magic on this side of the country (east coast) and cannot wait to board her.

We did this same itinerary on the Valor a few months ago (January) and loved it so much we are booked on the Magic in December this year. We loved San Juan, did the Historic district and did not see a lot of homeless or poor areas, we totally enjoyed the forts and the walking through the historical area. Had a great lunch in an outside café, took great pix as the weather was in the low 80's, the streets were quaint and many musicians that enhanced the cultural experience.

We have been to St. Thomas before but have never been to Coki Beach, so we grabbed a taxi and went this past cruise to snorkel (DH & DS). Not a fan of this beach at all, over crowded, snorkeling not great (just ok) and much more open pot smoking then other beaches we have visited. Beach sand was littered with cigarette butts and various other things due to the crowds. Much nicer beaches in St. Thomas to go to for sure.

We are excited to see the magic on this side of the country (east coast) and cannot wait to board her.

Oh if you go out early enough, we got off the ship before the Divina docked, unlike the OP who got stuck waiting, we were heading for a local cafe for breakfast, and there are plenty of homeless about. Cops seemed to be rousting them up and about.

that said it is a great historic to walk around in.

You mentioned that in Amber Cove that do have guys providing transportation by bike . Do you happen to know what the recommended tip amount would be. Will be going on on the Magic soon and this is one of the ports that I have never been to , so would like to go onshore and possibly take a tour. I am currently going through chemo and am not sure how much energy I will have , but lookin forward to some much needed fun time with family. I am assuming this same transportation would be available back to the ship. Thanks for your review

We tipped $5 for the 2 of us. (only 2 per cart, you can do 3 but its squishy) My dad has bad knees so it really helped not to walk that long walk to Amber Cove. And yes it is available to and from ship.

Thank you for posting your review!

How was embarkation in Port Canaveral?

It was pretty easy and smooth sailing (no pun intended lol). We arrived at port around 10:30, got boarding #7 and then waited about an hour by the time was all said and done and on board at 11:45 (even though our boarding passes said to arrive between 12:30 and 3) we arrived way earlier and didn't have an issue!

We sail on the Vista in January and are going back to San Juan, so we are looking forward to seeing the forts this time around!

Coki beach was pretty crowded as our ship didn't get into port until 12pm. I didn't see or smell any pot smoking at all. It was crowded but the excitement our kids had in feeding the fish will be memories to last a lifetime, they were so excited to do this and had such a great time!

We loved the Magic and definitely would book her again :)

Oh if you go out early enough, we got off the ship before the Divina docked, unlike the OP who got stuck waiting, we were heading for a local cafe for breakfast, and there are plenty of homeless about. Cops seemed to be rousting them up and about.

that said it is a great historic to walk around in.

Yep the ship made announcements that they were closing the gangplank in order for the Divina to dock. We were down there abour 8:15am as it was closing at 8:30 and they already closed the dock. We just missed getting off and had to wait a long time! But at least we didn't miss the tour :)

Yep the ship made announcements that they were closing the gangplank in order for the Divina to dock. We were down there abour 8:15am as it was closing at 8:30 and they already closed the dock. We just missed getting off and had to wait a long time! But at least we didn't miss the tour :)

I'm not sure what time we got off but it was in the very first trickle of people. but we never heard those announcements, we had left the pier and were walking up the road toward the ferry dock and saw Divina coming into to the dock area.