Embarkation in Venice

jjwoben1

Constellation is overnighting in Venice on August 28 and departing on August 29. We have been told that we can only board on the 28th between 11am and 3pm. If the ship is overnighting, why can we not board later on the 28th? Would save not having to fly in on 27th.

It was the same way when we had a boarding day and over night in Venice on the Millennium years ago. I am sure the reason is that there are a lot of people who take care of checking in, such as check in clerks, porters, ship luggage handlers, etc., and it would be very expensive to have all those employees hanging around and getting paid while people trickle in over 24 hours or more. Plus, the cruise line doesn't own or manage the terminal or the personnel at the pier, and whoever does run the pier activities probably tells Celebrity when they will have those people and the facilities available for check in.

Constellation is overnighting in Venice on August 28 and departing on August 29. We have been told that we can only board on the 28th between 11am and 3pm. If the ship is overnighting, why can we not board later on the 28th? Would save not having to fly in on 27th.

Partial Cruises/Down-line Embarkation:

All requests for down-line embarkation or early disembarkation must be submitted in writing for consideration at least one week prior to voyage commencement date.

Send all requests to emergencyteam@celebritycruises.com.

Information Needed to Process Request: All guests must have a confirmed booking in order for the Emergency Travel Team to process a down-line request.

• Guest's First and Last Name(s)
  • Ship and Sail Date
  • Booking Number
  • Stateroom Number
  • Location (port) to Embark / Disembark
  • Date to Embark / Disembark
  • Return e-mail or fax number

This is neither a downline embarkation nor an early disembarkation, so not sure what the point of that cut and paste was???

After 3pm would I guess be regarded as downline

My MiL, Sil and her husband are staying in the Cipriani and intend to get every last minute out of the experience so will probably not make it to the Connie untill 4pm on the 28th. I guess they will also need to contact emergencyteam@celebritycruises.com?

Edited by groryjm

Have you ever been to Venice? If not, I would fly in at least a day early to tour this amazing city.