Shipping packages ahead

tmorr01

I apologize if this has been answered before but apparently, I could not figure out the correct search terms for my question.

I want to ship some stuff ahead to the ship (Nautica) which I am boarding in Southampton. Is this feasible? Does anyone have the correct procedure. Will they be able to tell me at the Oceania home office?

I apologize if this has been answered before but apparently, I could not figure out the correct search terms for my question.

I want to ship some stuff ahead to the ship (Nautica) which I am boarding in Southampton. Is this feasible? Does anyone have the correct procedure. Will they be able to tell me at the Oceania home office?

The easiest way to accomplish this is to use a service such as Luggage Forward, because they deal with the land agents on a continuous basis and will be able to give you invaluable advice regarding what is and isn't ship-able, Customs if you are shipping internationally, and a myriad of other factoids which we civilians would never think to ask about. That said, although convenient, their services are not inexpensive.

https://www.luggageforward.com

If you still want to "do it yourself", a Cruise Vacation Guide will be sent out between 2 months and 90 days before sailing (think just after final payment) by Oceania.

On page 4 of this personalized brochure, the Embarkation Port information, as well as the Local Representative information for the Cruise line (they typically use a company called Intercruises) will be listed, along with a contact telephone number for Intercruises.

I would suggest contacting those Local Representatives (we called them land Agents' in my day) for precise instructions about their receiving procedures at Southampton..

If shipping things to a foreign port you may be required to hire a customs broker to clear you things into the country. UPS and FEX ex include this service...

Like Jim and Stan wisely advised... engage a professional company to arrange and manage all the bumps and hoops you have to negotiate .. There are many many and stiff penalties including loss of your goods for any mistake you make. Dont risk playing the shipping game.

Edited by Hawaiidan

Ive used Luggage Free many times and am using them again in August..although pricey, it is well worth it to me..

Jancruz1