seattle area traffic

I hadn't thought of stopping on Whidbey island, just driving. More decisions.

Not the space needle, that would definitely take too long. I've read about the lines. Our cruise ends in Seattle and we'll stay a few more days. That's when a space needle visit, and things close to it, would have to happen.

The sky view observatory is close to the underground walking tour places. It'd be hard to not stop on a clear day when close.

I'll add this to the other information collected for the trip.

Once we arrive and get something to eat, then we'll decide how much to do on Sunday and the best route to Vancouver. It's not fun doing interesting things when people are tired from travel.

Gotcha. The Sky View Obsevatory is in the Columbia Center. I was thinking Space Needle when you mentioned it before. I still think that since you're spending time in Seattle after the cruise that you should save it all for when you return. Whidbey Island has a lot of nice attractions that are worth the time. There are 3 interesting State Parks, Fort Casey, Fort Ebey and Deception Pass. Plus the towns of Langley and Coupeville are quaint places to wander around. Whatever you decide to do, have fun. Edited by Jasperdo

Thanks for the baseball info and better map route Gardyloo. We will get the car then head north out of Seattle saving any downtown activity for after the cruise.

The Whidley Island and Chuckanut Drive route sounds like a nice afternoon with some stops. You're a mapping wizard. I didn't have plans at the specific points listed, that was what it took to make the map use the correct roads. It can create some really interesting route choices unless carefully guided. I didn't have specific food places selected, but chowder and fish-n-chips sounds good to me.

For fun, I checked the baseball schedule for our post cruise time in Seattle; May 24-28. They have a game at 7:10pm 3 of the 4 nights we'll be there. :) It won't be a big deal to work around for downtown activity, but I didn't even think to check on something like that. That would have been a nice traffic surprise. Go Mariners!

The deal on the Columbia Center Skyview Observatory is that I want to go there for the view and photos on a clear day. Do you know if they allow folding tripods? My wife wants to go to the space needle, which will also have to be early on a clear day. I'm hoping to compromise and do both. Put in a good word to the weatherman for me, please? :D

We're 4 days away and the anticipation is building rapidly.

The deal on the Columbia Center Skyview Observatory is that I want to go there for the view and photos on a clear day. Do you know if they allow folding tripods? My wife wants to go to the space needle, which will also have to be early on a clear day. I'm hoping to compromise and do both. Put in a good word to the weatherman for me, please? :D

We're 4 days away and the anticipation is building rapidly.

I don't know about the tripods but I would be surprised if they're not allowed.

Frankly I'm not that crazy about the Columbia Center or the Space Needle for pictures; because of our hills, Seattle is full of great picture-taking spots that you don't have to pay for. For example, you can take the water taxi to West Seattle and get views like this -

20091226_45s.JPG

Or ride the bus (or drive) up to Kerry Park on Queen Anne Hill for this -

HDR%20Trial%20011010aS.jpg

Just sayin'.

Now I know why the men linger in front of that urinal.:D The answer you want....a top of Lonsdale lad.

Ah, so you went to Argyle. It all makes sense now. Lass, man, lass! Sheesh. :rolleyes: Disclaimer: when we moved back there when my kids were young that is where my daughter ended up. It was a difficult time for me LOL.