20% off Drink Package Offer

This 20% reduction that is being offered At the moment , will the offer last long and is there a catch ? Or are there added charges .

Was told only for the month of May by RCI.

The catch is that it's not a true 20% off the previous price. They raised the price about 18% and then took off 20%.

Yup and not impressed. :eek: and now on our cruise planner, they are showing a reduce price (they claimed 20% reduced price) and a service charge of 18% mysteriously appear before payment.

Out of curiosity, we already prepaid the 18% gratuities so should the 18% be included in the drink package? TIA. :)

... Out of curiosity, we already prepaid the 18% gratuities so should the 18% be included in the drink package? TIA. :)

The prepaid gratuities are only for dining and stateroom staff, nothing to do with beverages or beverage packages.

Was told only for the month of May by RCI.

Yup and not impressed. :eek: and now on our cruise planner, they are showing a reduce price (they claimed 20% reduced price) and a service charge of 18% mysteriously appear before payment.

Out of curiosity, we already prepaid the 18% gratuities so should the 18% be included in the drink package? TIA. :)

As I stated in previous posts ours must be different as it is almost exactly 20% off what a Premium Package was 2 weeks ago!!!!

Our Cruise Planner was showing "from $71 AUD per day" and now shows "from $48.75 AUD per day" and with the 18% is $57.52 per day which is still way less than what it was 2 weeks ago, needless to say we purchased a Premium Package each and as our cruise is an 18 day Transpacific from Hawaii that is a saving of $486AUD even if the $71 per day included grats and if it didn't it is a saving of $946 for us!!!!! Winner winner chicken dinner!;):)

If you buy the drink package, when you come to total you will see a serve charge

added on. It's funny I was just off a cruise and bought the drink package and there was no service charge.

:(:(:(

If you buy the drink package, when you come to total you will see a serve charge

added on. It's funny I was just off a cruise and bought the drink package and there was no service charge.

:(:(:(

I don't undertand this, it's been a couple of years that Royal has been adding the gratuity to the price of the package.

Does anyone have confirmation from RC as to when this "sale" ends?

I believe someone said they contacted Royal Caribbean and was told it was for the month of May...but you can take that as you will.

I personally think this is a bait and switch tactic with RCCL. Of course they can tell you that the price for the drink package during your cruise is going to be a certain price at that time, but with the way things change, they might not be. When I have bought the packages before, the day of cruise, it was a flat rate and no added 18% gratuities. It was all factored into the total per day cost, and now they are adding it separately!?

I have been struggling myself as to whether to add it or not, and I don't think there will be much advantage to do so for me. Besides, if you are like us and not sailing for 200 days or more, who's to say there won't be another sale down the road? Just saying...