Clarion Inn Federal Hwy??

Hi Guys,

I am still on my quest to find a hotel for our pre/post cruise stay next April and I came across this property.

The reviews I have read on Trip Advisor are ok for the most part, with most of the issues seeming to be related to the fact that they recently reopened and are still in a construction phase.

Can anyone tell me bout this hotel/brand? I would imagine these "construction issues" should be resolved by the time I m a ready to travel.

Thanks in advance.

This is an old motel that was turned into college dorms for many years and recently reopened as Clarion. My office is across the street so I can tell you it's a safe neighborhood. I recently put guests in 2 rooms and they had no complaints. I had to deal with the front desk and they weren't that professional, but then this is a motel, not a 4 star hotel. This is a great value in a safe neighborhood, and with Uber operating in Ft Lauderdale now, inexpensive transportation is easy to get (plus no charge for parking during your stay if you have a car). If you can live with the complaints on Tripadvisor go for it.

This is an old motel that was turned into college dorms for many years and recently reopened as Clarion. My office is across the street so I can tell you it's a safe neighborhood. I recently put guests in 2 rooms and they had no complaints. I had to deal with the front desk and they weren't that professional, but then this is a motel, not a 4 star hotel. This is a great value in a safe neighborhood, and with Uber operating in Ft Lauderdale now, inexpensive transportation is easy to get (plus no charge for parking during your stay if you have a car). If you can live with the complaints on Tripadvisor go for it.

Thanks for the input.

I can live with what I have read so far but we are still just under a year out from when we travel so will monitor reviews and keep my options open.:)

Follow up question (s)

Is this close to shopping/restaurants? We may need some last minute items before we cruise as well as a nice place to have dinner.

Thanks again.

There is a CVS 2 blocks away. Some restaurants you can easily walk to:

Il Mulino

Tipico

Canyon

Cafe Vico

Seasons 52

PF Changs

Truluck

Texas de Brazil

Jade Palace

There is a CVS 2 blocks away. Some restaurants you can easily walk to: