Hampton Inn & Suites FLL Airport/South Cruise port

MikeMA

Hi all,

Cruising next year and we will be staying pre-cruise March 31st for one night . Our flight will not be in until around 12/1pm. It will be my wife, 2 children (4 & 9 months), and I.

I am trying to find a reasonably priced hotel(around $200) that offers a shuttle from the airport, offers breakfast, and has a swimming pool. Somewhere close for dinner would be great too.

I realize this is right at the end of peak season and my price is cutting it close but after reading the priceline bids thread, see that it can be done.

I have a chance to book the Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port for $203 with tax included. Has anyone stayed here? We are not looking for 5 star but in the same respect do not want bottom of the barrel either. We usually have stayed at Best Western Plus, Courtyard Marriott, or Double Tree properties which are fine for us.

I am very intrigues by the Riverside Motel downtown and the Hilton Marina as well. Best price I'm finding for those however is in the $220-$255 range pre tax.

Any thoughts/help is much appreciated.

Thank you

I would suggest doing a booking with Hampton Inn that isn't prepaid, and just keep checking the other hotels for price drops. I don't see much difference in 203 to 220 for the upgrade to a 4 star hotel, so you could book that hotel as well so you don't lose the opportunity (that's a good price for March).The Hampton does include a nice breakfast buffet, but you can always pack granola bars to save breakfast costs, as you'll be dining on the ship around noon if all goes well. I would choose the Hilton Marina if your priority is a lovely resort pool. I would choose the Riverside Hotel if you love strolling interesting towns and more good dining choices.

I've stayed at that Hampton Inn and it's hardly bottom of the barrel. I prefer the 17th St. area (more stores and restaurants), but there's nothing wrong the Hampton.

Roz

Thanks Royal. I was hoping you would respond. The $220 price I got was pre-tax so when applied it was $245 I believe. I realize It's only a $43 difference but seeing as we'll only be there for 1 afternoon and overnight I'm just not sure unless there is a that big of advantage between the Hampton and those properties. That with the free airport shuttle and breakfast is making it hard to justify.

But I do like your advice of booking with the Hampton and keeping an eye on prices. I have visited that area(Pompano) many times as I have a family friend who is a snowbird there. I just never have cruised out of there.

Thanks for your help.

I would suggest doing a booking with Hampton Inn that isn't prepaid, and just keep checking the other hotels for price drops. I don't see much difference in 203 to 220 for the upgrade to a 4 star hotel, so you could book that hotel as well so you don't lose the opportunity (that's a good price for March).The Hampton does include a nice breakfast buffet, but you can always pack granola bars to save breakfast costs, as you'll be dining on the ship around noon if all goes well. I would choose the Hilton Marina if your priority is a lovely resort pool. I would choose the Riverside Hotel if you love strolling interesting towns and more good dining choices.
Edited by MikeMA

Thanks Roz. The property in the 17th st area was about $60-$80 more a night. For that price I would just go with the Hilton Marina. Thanks for the feedback.

It's appreciated.

I've stayed at that Hampton Inn and it's hardly bottom of the barrel. I prefer the 17th St. area (more stores and restaurants), but there's nothing wrong the Hampton.

Roz

We are staying at Hyatt Place on 17th pre-cruise in December booked through ValueTrips.

Current price through hotel is $307 plus tx but think it was around $289 plus tx when we booked. Price we got through ValueTrips was /is $149 plus tx for a total of $165 and change. Prices would be higher in March as that is peak time (currently showing $195 plus tx for that time frame in 2016).

Valuetrips prices for 2017 won't be out until June and there will be black-out dates but can save you some money if your date is available. Shuttle from the airport is not free but I think $2 unclear if this is per person. Free breakfast and has a pool. Has bedroom and living area. Easy walking to restaurants, Publix and Wines and More. It is a busy parkway environment but convenient from the airport and to the cruiseport.

Seaside,

Thank you. I was curious on when the 2017 dates would be released for valuetrips. If I could get that rate I would certainly want to stay there.

I think I am going to book the Hampton Inn and watch for Hyatt rate in June. If I can get it then I will cancel the Hampton.

We are staying at Hyatt Place on 17th pre-cruise in December booked through ValueTrips.

Current price through hotel is $307 plus tx but think it was around $289 plus tx when we booked. Price we got through ValueTrips was /is $149 plus tx for a total of $165 and change. Prices would be higher in March as that is peak time (currently showing $195 plus tx for that time frame in 2016).

Valuetrips prices for 2017 won't be out until June and there will be black-out dates but can save you some money if your date is available. Shuttle from the airport is not free but I think $2 unclear if this is per person. Free breakfast and has a pool. Has bedroom and living area. Easy walking to restaurants, Publix and Wines and More. It is a busy parkway environment but convenient from the airport and to the cruiseport.

Booking an Easy Cancel and looking around sounds like a good plan. I did not contact Valuetrips directly for their 2017 rate release date but saw it on another post in this topic. Hope you find a great hotel at a great rate for your trip!

We always cruise with our kids and we stay in the area of the Best Western/Hampton Inn on State Rd. 84. We've stayed in both hotels but we usually stay in the BW - just as clean as the Hampton and cheaper. It's an easy across the street walk to McDonalds, Wendy's, Subway, Winn Dixie, dollar store, a liquor store and a good sports bar type place for dinner.

The Hampton Inn's breakfast was better than B.W., but when we stayed, the pool was ice cold - too cold for us and we're Canadian!

This past March we paid $150 for the B.W. including tax.