Able to add passenger from one booking to another?

bertrande

We have two bookings made on the same cruise, one has 3 persons in a S2 cabin and one has 4 persons in a C2 cabin. We would like to upgrade the C2 cabin to a suite. From what I can see, a suite is available when I make a dummy booking for 3 persons but not when I made a dummy booking for 4 persons (my TA only works week days so I have to wait till tomorrow to contact her).

I am thinking of taking one person out from the C2 booking and placing it in my S1 booking so that the C2 can be upgraded to an S1 (unless my TA does magic and is able to upgrade the entire cabin wholesale).

Has anyone done this before or attempted to do this? Sigh, the joys of booking too early and then regretting our cabin decision!!

Passengers can't change their booking if a travel agent is involved. Only the travel agent can change the booking

Yes am aware of it, which is why we are waiting for her to report for work tomorrow. I was just wondering if any one had actually done this.

While I have not done this before, if the suite you have can already handle three passengers, I am sure it is doable. Your TA (some do, some don't) charge a fee for this change. Hopefully, yours will not incur a fee.

If you are worried about losing the room you are looking into, you can always call Celebrity and make the booking and let them know you will be transferring it to your TA in the morning. If you don't get a good one, call back and find one that is willing to help you out. They cannot do anything with the existing booking but no harm in having two open bookings for a 24 hr period -- unless you are past final payment date.

While I have not done this before, if the suite you have can already handle three passengers, I am sure it is doable. Your TA (some do, some don't) charge a fee for this change. Hopefully, yours will not incur a fee.

If you are worried about losing the room you are looking into, you can always call Celebrity and make the booking and let them know you will be transferring it to your TA in the morning. If you don't get a good one, call back and find one that is willing to help you out. They cannot do anything with the existing booking but no harm in having two open bookings for a 24 hr period -- unless you are past final payment date.

Assuming the OP is from the US, you can even just put a 24 hour hold on the cabin you want yourself via the website. Celebrity doesn't need to know if will be transferred to a TA or another reservation (we've done this - just need to coordinate with the TA that you release the hold and they pick it up before anyone else snags it).

You can still do a 24 hour hold without payment even if you are past final payment date.

You can put 4 adults in a S1 suite but I am showing both cruises in Feb 2017 are wait listed for a S1 suite. I am going by the cruises listed in your signature.

Hmm if I enter 3 adults, I get the S1 immediately. But if I enter 4 persons into the search engine, I end up with the all suites are sold out message. Any idea why?

Thank you mandream and Cruise Raider; will certainly look into it!

Hmm if I enter 3 adults, I get the S1 immediately. But if I enter 4 persons into the search engine, I end up with the all suites are sold out message. Any idea why?

Thank you mandream and Cruise Raider; will certainly look into it!

Could be capacity controlled. At any time at the sole discretion of the cruise line, they can limit how many third and fourth berths they sell. With popular holiday cruises, they can stop selling to third and fourth passengers pretty far out from the sail date even though they have the actual berths available.

In your case, have your TA call Celebrity and see if they'll release one of the triple suites for a quad.