Fascination, tips, tricks, faves

bjcruiser

Myself and DH are sailing on the Fascination Sept. 2017. We have sailed with RCCL and NCL and both time there have been threads like this for the ships we sailed on. Any pointers would be great. My obsession has began....LOL

We will be sailing out of San Juan going to Barbados, St. Thomas, St. Lucia, St. Maarten and St. Kitts.

Thank you in advance..

Bobbie

Haven't been in the Fascination, but have been on four of her sisters.

Safe probably uses a magnetic strip card.

Will have one 110v American and one 220v outlet (euro or British.

No fridge (except for suites), ask for an ice bucket.

No hair dryers but the steward can get you one.

If you are assigned the aft MDR for dinner, wait upstairs in the last lounge on the Promenade. The staircase is open and you'll see the crowds entering. The lobby for this MDR is puny and becomes sardine like.

There are two little decks aft of the pizza and bar on the lido buffet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you are assigned the aft MDR for dinner, wait upstairs in the last lounge on the Promenade. The staircase is open and you'll see the crowds entering. The lobby for this MDR is puny and becomes sardine like

Great advice

I live in Jax and have been on it twice

There is a small staircase in the back from the emperess deck to the serenity deck, that was originally for staff.. It is open for guests

It was my little shortcut to my fav place.

The jogging/waling track above the Lido deck is cushioned, softest surface than on any other Carnival ship I have been on and great views of the sea.

Thank you but I'm not sure how much jogging or walking I will be doing...lol

Mongolian wok is an awesome place to get embarkation lunch! There was hardly anyone in line when we got there right before 1:30. ... omg, I ate there three days on a five day cruise.... wish I had a bowl now! Tip: overfill your bowl or you will end up with a small bowl.... the veggies cook down a lot!

Mongolian wok is an awesome place to get embarkation lunch! There was hardly anyone in line when we got there right before 1:30. ... omg, I ate there three days on a five day cruise.... wish I had a bowl now! Tip: overfill your bowl or you will end up with a small bowl.... the veggies cook down a lot!

Wow thanks for the tip. Is this one of the free places? If not no big deal. I am so looking forward to this cruise. New cruise company and itenerary.

Wow thanks for the tip. Is this one of the free places? If not no big deal. I am so looking forward to this cruise. New cruise company and itenerary.

Yes it is included. It's on the Lido deck, port side before you enter the doors to the buffet.

I've been on Fascination 5 times. Two aft decks on Lido that over look serenity are great spots since they are out of the way, and not everyone know about them. Also love the top deck all the way forward in front of the mini golf Windows. Best spot on the ship late at night. No one up there and the window sills are perfect seats. Always a great breeze and good views.

I have two Fascination reviews in my signature. Of course these cruises were taken before the ship moved to San Juan, but if you want to learn about the ship itself, these might prove helpful. Enjoy your planning! :)

Edited by Jamman54

Between the Wok and the grill is the Rotisserie. Usually carving up a chicken or something different than what's being carved on the hot lines of the buffet. On occasion they carve lamb.

At the grill you can get the regular stuff. They also cook up Vegetarian burger and grilled chicken breast. Mom got a portobello mushroom recently on another ship.

Edited by SadieN

I enjoyed the dining options on this ship as it was one of the few ships that have yet to be tainted with the 2.0 version. Guy's Burgers are OK, but I think highly overrated based on the comments people post here. I expected much better based on all the hype it gets here.

I'll take the Mongolian Wok over Guys any day and twice on embarkation day.

I've been on Fascination 5 times. Two aft decks on Lido that over look serenity are great spots since they are out of the way, and not everyone know about them. Also love the top deck all the way forward in front of the mini golf Windows. Best spot on the ship late at night. No one up there and the window sills are perfect seats. Always a great breeze and good views.

Thank you. We like spots like this.

• 2 weeks later...
I would love to read more tips and fun things about her too. We board in 249 days after we spend a week on the Adventure. Can I still call it a b2b if it's not only 2 different ships, but also 2 different cruise lines? :)

I think someone here informed me it's not a B2b but a S2S (side to side)

Have fun!