Price Drop Before Final Payment

NancyL2

I'm sure this has been discussed before and yes, I did a search but couldn't find my answer.

Cruising the last week in September on the Pearl....H4. We have four good extras when we booked...UBP, SDP, Wifi, shore excursion credit. Also have OBC for the cabin.

I just paid off the cruise last night even though final payment date isn't until May 29th.

Just went on NCL and did a mock booking and the price has dropped $300 total.

My question....will I be able to keep my original perks and OBC if I try to get the $300 price drop?

They will give you back the difference since it is before Final Payment Date. That said as mentioned you may lose your perks that you are booked under. If you have a PCC or Travel Agent give them a call and do not let them change a thing until you are sure you wont lose your perks and then have them email you a new conformation and amenities sheet

I'm sure this has been discussed before and yes, I did a search but couldn't find my answer.

Cruising the last week in September on the Pearl....H4. We have four good extras when we booked...UBP, SDP, Wifi, shore excursion credit. Also have OBC for the cabin.

I just paid off the cruise last night even though final payment date isn't until May 29th.

Just went on NCL and did a mock booking and the price has dropped $300 total.

My question....will I be able to keep my original perks and OBC if I try to get the $300 price drop?

Usually yes, but you won't know if you don't pick up the phone and call.

You'd have to call to know for sure. But keep in mind that pre-final payment you are essentially just able to cancel and re-book without a penalty. Now, they don't do it that way, they let you keep your booking and cabin since they know you could just cancel and re-book if you wanted to. But that means you are booking under the current terms, so if the price is $300 less without the UBP and SDP, then you would most likely have to give those up. You would get whatever promotions are currently given with bookings today (and may be why the price is less, since they don't have to "pay" for your "free" promotions).

Given the previous replies, I have a related question:

I know the cruise I want, that won't change.

But the current promo doesn't work for me. (Inside..free arcade and photos).

It seems I have nothing to lose if I book today as I can guarantee my rooms and always switch if the promo gets better between now and my cruise date.

Is this correct?

Given the previous replies, I have a related question:

I know the cruise I want, that won't change.

But the current promo doesn't work for me. (Inside..free arcade and photos).

It seems I have nothing to lose if I book today as I can guarantee my rooms and always switch if the promo gets better between now and my cruise date.

Is this correct?

No, not the cruise date, the Final Payment Date. Big difference!

I'm looking at the same cruise on the Pearl, but probably will not book until July. I did make a change on another cruise in late March when the OBC was being offered and it did change to the current promos. If I recall, the OBC for suites was $300 so changing the reservation to get the price drop would be a wash.

I'm looking at the same cruise on the Pearl, but probably will not book until July. I did make a change on another cruise in late March when the OBC was being offered and it did change to the current promos. If I recall, the OBC for suites was $300 so changing the reservation to get the price drop would be a wash.

If one does not spend over $300 onboard before DSC, then current pricing would be better in those circumstances as non-refundable OBC can't be used to pay DSC.

True and that is the biggest reason I won't be making a change to my booking. I really don't want to lose the promos that we received when we booked back in January.

If you do plan on booking this cruise...we do have a rollcall. :)

True and that is the biggest reason I won't be making a change to my booking. I really don't want to lose the promos that we received when we booked back in January.

If you do plan on booking this cruise...we do have a rollcall. :)

Thanks, I've checked out the roll call - just need the price to drop more since I'd be going solo. I did this cruise last year and loved it. We went to Astoria vs. Victoria. I really want to see Victoria.

I figured you did not want to lose the OBC, but a previous post about spending the $300 is a good one to consider. You already have UBP, SDP, internet, $50 shorex credit per port.

As noted, the OBC can't be used for the DSC, but can be used for tips for the butler and concierge. And also for spa services. Since there are only 2 ports, the shorex amounts above the $50 might not add up to too much. So be sure to consider how much you will actually be spending on board to use up the OBC.

Edited by herdingdogmom