Which internet package should I pick on MSC Divina

ridge123

My family will sail on MSC DIVINA on May 21st, 2016. There are three internet packages I am interested:

1) Social Cruise $16.5

Social Cruise: Access to social networks, chat apps for the entire cruise, with unlimited MB (No Audio and Video)

2)Surfer Cruise $17.5

Surfer Cruise: Access to social networks, chat apps emails and web browsing up to 500 MB No Audio and Video

3)Surfer Cruise $33

Surfer Cruise: Access to social networks, chat apps emails and web browsing up to 800 MB No Audio and Video

We have two iPhones. The main purpose for us to use internet is to post pictures, contact with friends on Facebook and wechat. So it seems Social Cruise $16.5 with unlimited MB is better. However, Surfer cruise seems good too because we can do the web browsing and check emails. But with only 500MB or 800MB limitation, I am afraid that we can't have internet most time because we may already use up one day limit in a short time.

So which package should I pick?

Just save your money!! Use the free wifi in ports!! And in San Juan , your stand plan works! No international roaming charges !! IMHO , just leave the wifi off on the ship ( sure take pics) and post your pics and catch up in ports when you can find free wifi

Just save your money!! Use the free wifi in ports!! And in San Juan , your stand plan works! No international roaming charges !! IMHO , just leave the wifi off on the ship ( sure take pics) and post your pics and catch up in ports when you can find free wifi

Thank you for your suggestions. We still want to get internet onboard to kill time especially for this 7 days cruise.

My family will sail on MSC DIVINA on May 21st, 2016. There are three internet packages I am interested:

1) Social Cruise $16.5

Social Cruise: Access to social networks, chat apps for the entire cruise, with unlimited MB (No Audio and Video)

2)Surfer Cruise $17.5

Surfer Cruise: Access to social networks, chat apps emails and web browsing up to 500 MB No Audio and Video

3)Surfer Cruise $33

Surfer Cruise: Access to social networks, chat apps emails and web browsing up to 800 MB No Audio and Video

We have two iPhones. The main purpose for us to use internet is to post pictures, contact with friends on Facebook and wechat. So it seems Social Cruise $16.5 with unlimited MB is better. However, Surfer cruise seems good too because we can do the web browsing and check emails. But with only 500MB or 800MB limitation, I am afraid that we can't have internet most time because we may already use up one day limit in a short time.

So which package should I pick?

We were on the April 9 cruise and I was also interested in the above packages. I was told they no longer existed and all they offered were the very expensive wifi packages.

We were on the April 9 cruise and I was also interested in the above packages. I was told they no longer existed and all they offered were the very expensive wifi packages.

Interesting, as they can still be added online. In case they decide to modify the plan and to "price protected" myself, I just added it for my Seaside booking.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Already-Booked/Cruise-Upgrade/Internet-Packages.aspx

Just back off Preziosa (May 7-14). We shared a "Streamer" package between 2 of us and used it up in full (and the additional 500MB offered for €14.95 as an extension). Quality was actually quite good but we found that e.g. email account syncing chewed through a LOT of the allowance.

Be aware though - the lower packages are limited in what you can access; e.g. web browsing is blocked on the Social package.

Quality was actually quite good but we found that e.g. email account syncing chewed through a LOT of the allowance.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm leaning towards the Surfer (2 devices) package, on the Magnifica in a couple weeks and I never would have remembered to turn off WiFi syncing.

My 800/mb would have vanished and all I would have got was updated apps! :(

I had Wifi on our 11 Night Divina cruise this past winter, because my son is home schooled and we did school on the sea days.

I found the internet connection to be very poor. It would sometimes take 10 minutes off your time just to log on, open e-mail, paste pre-typed copy, send the e-mail, then log off. Also, the signal would drop multiple times daily.

That having been said, we always did our schooling in the cabin. We were midship on Deck 10. Maybe it is a stronger signal in the public areas.

This is a very minor criticism of a wonderful ship and crew. Are booked for both our 3rd and 4th time on Divina in 2017.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm leaning towards the Surfer (2 devices) package, on the Magnifica in a couple weeks and I never would have remembered to turn off WiFi syncing.

My 800/mb would have vanished and all I would have got was updated apps! :(

That is what I worried about if I book surfer with 900mB limit. So I finally decide I will book social package which has unlimited data for Facebook and Wechat.