Steakhouse dress code?

Do you have to get fancy when you eat in the steakhouse? I understand no flip flops and stuff, but can men wear khaki shorts and a polo? Women wear a sun dress? Is the dress code the same as the MDR?

Quoted from Carnival website:

"The dress code follows the dress code specified for that evening on board; if the evening is specified as Cruise Casual, shorts are not permitted."

Do you have to get fancy when you eat in the steakhouse? I understand no flip flops and stuff, but can men wear khaki shorts and a polo? Women wear a sun dress? Is the dress code the same as the MDR?

No shorts, and it should be a collared shirt.

I keep seeing "no shorts" but the dress code says "dress shorts" so what are dress shorts?

Cruise Casual Dress Code

Men: sport slacks, khakis, Jeans (no cut-offs), dress shorts (long) and collared polo shirts

Women: summer dresses, casual skirts, pants, capris, dress shorts, Jeans (no cut-offs) blouses and tops

Not permitted: Cut-off Jeans, men’s sleeveless shirts, tee-shirts, gym or basketball shorts, baseball hats, flip-flops and bathing suit attire

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1093/related/1

I keep seeing "no shorts" but the dress code says "dress shorts" so what are dress shorts?

Squorts are dress shorts and if your hubby has cute knees they are adorable. He will get lots of looks and those are from all of the many sexes now out and about.

We've worn khaki's, dress or linen pants with polo or Hawaiian style shirt (cruise casual), full suit or pants, vest and tie (formal night). I've also seen shorts and t-shirt on formal night ,but not bothered wither way by what other people wear.

Squorts are dress shorts and if your hubby has cute knees they are adorable. He will get lots of looks and those are from all of the many sexes now out and about.

lol, I'm the hubby and I'll be wearing this on elegant night:

k21hf9.jpg

I think my knees are too white but I expect the cruise to help that.

I still don't know what "dress shorts" are though. Someone upthread said they got kicked out for khaki shorts. I have plaid shorts (not as loud as my kilt though) and planned to bring Hawaiian flowerdy shirts and some polos. I reckon I should pack some extra long pants though - I'm not about to let a forced quick-change get in between me and food.

Nice! [emoji3]. Sounds to me nobody's on the same page anyway, so I'll make my husband wear long pants just incase. Don't wanna be kicked out. I don't think I can talk him into a kilt though [emoji5]

If you're close to the North Carolina border you can take him to the Grandfather Mountain Highland games and once he catches the kilt bug you'll be hard-pressed to get him out of one! :)