Adventure - soda machines

• 3 months later...
I'd be interested to find out. Part of me thinks it wouldn't be worth getting the soda package for my kids if they aren't there.

Have a great cruise - I look forward to hearing about your trip and about the ship after dry dock.

You can always wait until you board the ship before you purchase the soda packages. I have not seen any pre-cruise deals for the soda package.

The issue with the freestyle machines is that they need to get the product for those machines. The flavor cartridges are unique to the freestyle machine and are nothing like the standard Bag-In-Box syrup that standard soda fountains use.

For example when you get a Coke with Cherry Vanilla, you get the following liquids dispensed at the same time:

- Carbonated water

- Coke flavor

- High Fructose Corn Syrup

- Vanilla Flavor

- Cherry Flavor

All these liquids are put into the container at the same time.

OTOH with the Bag-In-Box, it merely mixes carbonated water with the syrup in a 5 to 1 ratio. That is very simple.

The flavor cartridges are unique to the freestyle machine and are nothing like the standard Bag-In-Box syrup that standard soda fountains use.

True! I saw a guy working on a machine at Universal the other week. Looked like printer cartridges. Was really weird.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes. There are now Freestyle machines on Adventure. I was on the 11/14 sailing and there were 2 in the Promenade and 2 in the Windjamer.

Our cruise was only 5 days and the machines were out of service by day 4. I'm assuming they just ran out of supplies because it was the first sailing after dry dock and they were still working out some issues.

Yes. There are now Freestyle machines on Adventure. I was on the 11/14 sailing and there were 2 in the Promenade and 2 in the Windjamer.

Our cruise was only 5 days and the machines were out of service by day 4. I'm assuming they just ran out of supplies because it was the first sailing after dry dock and they were still working out some issues.

Fantastic! Thanks so much for the quick reply. Can't wait for my January sailing with Freestyle on board :)

• 3 months later...