Yacht Club Part Deux

parallax

Last April, we threw caution to the wind and decided to cancel our cruise on Celebrity. We wanted a change of pace and decided to give the MSC YC a try. We were blown away and we are now booked again on the June 11 sailing.

MSC is such a departure from American based cruise lines that it took a little time to adjust the ebb and flow of the Divina. Having been on countless Celebrity cruises, you know how everything works and is laid out, and it is easy to get into the swing of things. It took me a little time to realize the following:

1. They serve gelato at the One Pool Bar, which I didn't realize to the 3rd day.

2. The bartenders are very talented and can make almost any drink you want. Initially, I thought there would be up charges if they went off book but it appears that they will only charge you if you are seeking the real premium stuff.

3. Ask for to go drinks when leaving Le Muse or the YC area.

4. Buy a book of drink tickets; it is a cheap investment.

5. Enjoy the diversity of your fellow passenger. There are people all around the globe which leads to interesting conversation.

6. Go to Le Muse for lunch. On all are other cruises, we never went to the main dining room for lunch and instead hit the buffet, but Le Muse is an exception.

7. Have fun with the staff at Le Muse. If you are enjoying each others company, they will make your experience that much better. They brought out dishes to try, including things not on the menu.

I guess this list is a reminder of things for me to do. I'm sure there are other things that I missed or have not discovered. I will give a review when I get back. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Last April, we threw caution to the wind and decided to cancel our cruise on Celebrity. We wanted a change of pace and decided to give the MSC YC a try. We were blown away and we are now booked again on the June 11 sailing.

MSC is such a departure from American based cruise lines that it took a little time to adjust the ebb and flow of the Divina. Having been on countless Celebrity cruises, you know how everything works and is laid out, and it is easy to get into the swing of things. It took me a little time to realize the following:

1. They serve gelato at the One Pool Bar, which I didn't realize to the 3rd day.

2. The bartenders are very talented and can make almost any drink you want. Initially, I thought there would be up charges if they went off book but it appears that they will only charge you if you are seeking the real premium stuff.

3. Ask for to go drinks when leaving Le Muse or the YC area.

4. Buy a book of drink tickets; it is a cheap investment.

5. Enjoy the diversity of your fellow passenger. There are people all around the globe which leads to interesting conversation.

6. Go to Le Muse for lunch. On all are other cruises, we never went to the main dining room for lunch and instead hit the buffet, but Le Muse is an exception.

7. Have fun with the staff at Le Muse. If you are enjoying each others company, they will make your experience that much better. They brought out dishes to try, including things not on the menu.

I guess this list is a reminder of things for me to do. I'm sure there are other things that I missed or have not discovered. I will give a review when I get back. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Please let us know who the Maitre d' at Le'Muse is?? I heard Guiseppe quit and opened his own restaurant in Italy,,,and then I heard he was back??? :confused: Also,,,there is extra storage behind the mirror above the desk,,,a little unknown secret!!

Edited by Mikesa1721

Thank you for this! We are doing our first cruise with MSC the week before you and will definitely use your tips! We have each bought a book of drink tickets for outside of the YC area.

How did the mini bar work? Could you make drinks and take them with you? What glasses did you use if you did?

Thank you for this! We are doing our first cruise with MSC the week before you and will definitely use your tips! We have each bought a book of drink tickets for outside of the YC area.

How did the mini bar work? Could you make drinks and take them with you? What glasses did you use if you did?

Tiffany,,,you can consume anything and everything in your mini-bar without charge,,,there are glasses which are provided for on top of the cabinet as well,,,here are a couple of pics from Maureen who is sailing MSC Divina right now:

13177647_10208305026815009_7777897904960404537_n.jpg?oh=714a4c68b7e3a0f3c6d3ee54fb66ade9&oe=579B161C

13166095_10208305027095016_8636932085375461585_n.jpg?oh=f863adfecc53cc7513ace6d47b1563d2&oe=57E33369

You can request certain items in your mini-bar to be stocked only as well,,,:)

Thank you! That is awesome. We will need ours replenished daily LOL

We just request it after we board? Do we make it with the stateroom host, butler, or concierge?

Just let your butler know what items you would like stocked and he/she will alert the cabin steward,,,:)

Hey Tiffany, looks like we will see you on board. We'll be the couple in the Yacht Club with the almost 5-yr old. (nervous laugh). It will be his 10th cruise though, he knows the drill.

To the OP: why the thumbs down on the original post? Was there a big negative I missed?

I will let you know if Guiseppe is still with MSC. He was great on out cruise. Did not know about the mirror.

Guiseppe is no longer on Divina. He was leaving after our cruise in April. Do not know if he will be back. We board next week so we are anxious to see who took his place.

Tiffany,,,you can consume anything and everything in your mini-bar without charge,,,there are glasses which are provided for on top of the cabinet as well,,,here are a couple of pics from Maureen who is sailing MSC Divina right now:

13177647_10208305026815009_7777897904960404537_n.jpg?oh=714a4c68b7e3a0f3c6d3ee54fb66ade9&oe=579B161C

13166095_10208305027095016_8636932085375461585_n.jpg?oh=f863adfecc53cc7513ace6d47b1563d2&oe=57E33369

You can request certain items in your mini-bar to be stocked only as well,,,:)

Also the mini bar in the YC is much better stocked than the pictures above...there are a variety of nuts, chips, chocolate, and as Mike said, your butler will stock your mini bar with whatever you'd like. I have a fondness for Peroni and not for Bud so that's all my butler put in there. The butlers are fantastic...let them know your preferences and they will spoil you rotten! :)

Hey Tiffany, looks like we will see you on board. We'll be the couple in the Yacht Club with the almost 5-yr old. (nervous laugh). It will be his 10th cruise though, he knows the drill.

To the OP: why the thumbs down on the original post? Was there a big negative I missed?

It was an accident. Definitely not thumbs down.

Guiseppe is no longer on Divina. He was leaving after our cruise in April. Do not know if he will be back. We board next week so we are anxious to see who took his place.

Uggghhhh!!!! Love Guiseppe,,,how about Gabrielle,,our favorite waiter???

Uggghhhh!!!! Love Guiseppe,,,how about Gabrielle,,our favorite waiter???

Mine too! Also gone...as is Noel, his assistant. Very sad! However, both should be back. We had Gabrielle in December but he left shortly after so maybe he'll be back soon. We had Kabir in April...absolutely fantastic! We will request him again next week when we board once again.

Parallax

Very interested to read your thoughts on the yacht Club experience.

Like you we are loyal Celebrity cruisers and feel very "at home" on their ships, in fact we have just returned from the Silhouette and absolutely loved the suite class experience especially dining in Luminae, however we have been lured to MSC by the loyalty match and the great prices for the Yacht club and so will be spending Christmas on the Fantasia in Dubai and Middle East.

We are so looking forward to it and personally have no problem with cruising with passengers form different countries, we are from the Uk and generally avoid the lines which sell to a predominantly British market.

We are lucky to have met friends from all over the world on our cruises.

I do feel a little bit like we are cheating on our favourite cruise line especially when we have just had such a wonderful cruise with Celebrity but the whole concept of the YC is calling my name!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

Thanks for more information on the YC, and the info on the mini bar.

We are not beer drinkers, but enjoy some white wine in the afternoons--looking at the photos I do not see wine--do you think that can be stocked in the mini bar?

Thanks for more information on the YC, and the info on the mini bar.

We are not beer drinkers, but enjoy some white wine in the afternoons--looking at the photos I do not see wine--do you think that can be stocked in the mini bar?

I'm almost certain wine is not available for the mini-bar. Kathiean can correct me if I'm wrong though,,,your butler will be more than happy to deliver some to your stateroom though,,,,:D

I'm almost certain wine is not available for the mini-bar. Kathiean can correct me if I'm wrong though,,,your butler will be more than happy to deliver some to your stateroom though,,,,:D

I believe Mike is correct. But you never know...those amazing butlers will do anything for you! And they would be happy to deliver a glass of wine to your cabin any time. Funny story...I was in Top Sail ordering a drink to take back to my cabin and enjoy while I got ready for dinner. As I was leaving the lounge, my butler rushed up to me and said he would carry my one little glass on a tray back to my cabin. I laughed and said not to worry...I could carry it...but he insisted...so he followed me back to my cabin with my lone drink on his tray. It makes me smile just to remember this! Love love love our butlers!!!

Parallax

Very interested to read your thoughts on the yacht Club experience.

Like you we are loyal Celebrity cruisers and feel very "at home" on their ships, in fact we have just returned from the Silhouette and absolutely loved the suite class experience especially dining in Luminae, however we have been lured to MSC by the loyalty match and the great prices for the Yacht club and so will be spending Christmas on the Fantasia in Dubai and Middle East.

We are so looking forward to it and personally have no problem with cruising with passengers form different countries, we are from the Uk and generally avoid the lines which sell to a predominantly British market.

We are lucky to have met friends from all over the world on our cruises.

I do feel a little bit like we are cheating on our favourite cruise line especially when we have just had such a wonderful cruise with Celebrity but the whole concept of the YC is calling my name!

Looking forward to hearing more about your trip.

I'm certain you'll have a great time, Vino! Let me just add 2 sidenotes from my Continental European point of view relating your travel on the Fantasia that will be certainly a bit different than what MSC is offering now on the Caribbean:

1. Service abooard, especially perharps service outside the YC will be continental European style, meaning that it won't be "on your face" service. On oter words: It you need something don't hesitate to ask a server for it and they will be more than happy to provide!... But they won't ask you if you need something every 5 minutes like on the American lines...

2. Due to their very large multinational passenger base, dinner times may vary sailing by sailing even in the same ship and itinerary. Don't be surprised if a review stated your itinerary having 6 to 9 dinner times and on your particular cruise you will get 5 to 8!... They tend to adapt to average demographic needs. Shows will be sceduled accordingly!...

Have a good time!...

Thank you! That is awesome. We will need ours replenished daily LOL

We just request it after we board? Do we make it with the stateroom host, butler, or concierge?

They will not refresh the mini bar daily....they do it twice a day, and just ask.

Thank you for these tips! We usually do Haven on NCL but are jumping ship, so to speak, to try the YC on the Divina in Feb! It seems so far away! Got a great deal on the Royal Suite the moment the itinerary came out last year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk