Dawn Drydock?

gregbar

New to NCL.

How comfortable are the couches in the balcony rooms?

Thank you!

Off the Dawn (last week)...

Couches are fine to sit on.....I wouldn't want to sleep on one for a 7 day cruise...

We set our carry-on luggage on it for easy access to Rx &

personal items since bathroom has very little shelving space.

We just got off the last cruise also. They are taking away the Blue Lagoon. Not sure what they are replacing it with as it was the 24hr restaurant.

We were on the 10 day last cruise also...Assistant CD said Blue Lagoon would become O'Sheehans...

I hope that someone who will be on one of the post dry dock cruises will post a video of the NEW Dawn.

I'll post some pictures! I'll try to post a few when we first board too. A lot of people probably will!

We're on the first trip after dry dock. June 17!

Stay tuned! Although I tend to lose track of reality before we even get underway.

So excited.

Once we get way out into the harbor I put my phone on Airplane mode. (I don't buy internet.)

But I'll still be taking pictures.

Off the Dawn (last week)...

Couches are fine to sit on.....I wouldn't want to sleep on one for a 7 day cruise...

We set our carry-on luggage on it for easy access to Rx &

personal items since bathroom has very little shelving space.

Appreciate your post!

Pathubia - thanks for your info. And you never know, lightning could strike twice to get you back in the DOS. Thanks to you I may even give the upsell fairy a call...

Definitely give them a call, the worst they can say is no!! Our upsell for the DOS was $1000 total above what we paid for the balcony. I don't regret it at all!! The service was incredible!!

We are in a family suite with no balcony for our next cruise, all of the suites are sold out!! Or very close to it, I don't think there will be any upselling for that one. :( But that's ok. Its just my husband and I in the suite.

Pathubia, I love the family suite. I think you have been in it too before? The space is fantastic and if they fixed the windows, you are going to be good to go. I love that big huge bathroom. We will be in an SE which is our first time in one of those, so you can always come see us and we will share our balcony with you. As long as you don't mind me using your bathtub. ;)

Pathubia, I love the family suite. I think you have been in it too before? The space is fantastic and if they fixed the windows, you are going to be good to go. I love that big huge bathroom. We will be in an SE which is our first time in one of those, so you can always come see us and we will share our balcony with you. As long as you don't mind me using your bathtub. ;)

Yes, we have been in the family with balcony (12020) and without (12032). We haven't been in an SE, I may have to come hang out on your balcony, LOL!! Thanks for the offer!! And yes, you can use our bathtub!! :)

I enjoy reading Amy's blog as well. It's fascinating to see what is going on the ship in dry dock. All the theater seats are being re-covered today. (If they could only make those isles a bit wider) It will be beautiful when it's all done, I'm sure. Too bad I won't see the updates until January. Everyone going before then, please take pictures.

Edited by BigEasyCC

Hi I am new to NCL. WE have cruised twice on Disney and LOVED it! Our boys are 11 and 13 and wanted to try a new cruise line. WE are booked on March 26 cruise out of NOLA. I know on the disney cruise we used the online app ar no charge to keep in contact with our boys. I know NCL has one too but was not sure if the DAWN has this.. This could be a deal breaker as I need to be in contact with them Any information would be helpful. Thank you

Hi I am new to NCL. WE have cruised twice on Disney and LOVED it! Our boys are 11 and 13 and wanted to try a new cruise line. WE are booked on March 26 cruise out of NOLA. I know on the disney cruise we used the online app ar no charge to keep in contact with our boys. I know NCL has one too but was not sure if the DAWN has this.. This could be a deal breaker as I need to be in contact with them Any information would be helpful. Thank you

Currently the Dawn does NOT have iConcierge but she is in Drydock so maybe they will be installing that..... I cannot find anything that confirms this is part of the work scheduled. There are many who will be cruising her right after she's completed ... I hope it is installed as I've used it on the Breakaway and it is great (side note: for the basic app it is free to check reservations, show schedules, on board account, etc but they have raised the price to $9.95 PER device for call \ text capabilities)

For those who have been following Amy Weaver's blog (Twitter: @akweaversailing) about the Dawn Drydock at https://downtokokomo.wordpress.com/2016/05/26/day-224-thursday-26th-may/

Her contract has ended and she is heading home !!! I just want to thank her for an enjoyable read!!

I whole-heartedly agree......Noooooooooo!

I've been binge reading from the start once I was introduced to her blog. Love her writing style and it is so fun to read about all of the "behind the scenes" action onboard. These people work their TAILS off!!! And great to know that comment cards are appreciated by the staff. Also great insight about the ports hubby and I will be seeing in February.

If they don't have it after the dry dock, might I suggest getting some $25 walkie talkies to communicate with your boys. On our last cruise on CCL we used this with our daughter and it worked great. I wouldn't let not having iConcierge be a deal breaker. I'd also worry a little bit about the difference between Disney and NCL regarding your boys' expectations. NCL has a great kids club and lots for them to do, but I wouldn't expect it to be AS kid friendly, since Disney usually caters to the kids. Then again, I haven't been on a Disney Cruise and I'm going by hearsay.

Oh my gosh, I really enjoyed Amy's blog! Her leaving makes me feel like I've "lost" my new friend! :( Plus it was so cool seeing the photos!

PS I hope the blogs didn't annoy NCL and cause her dismissal!

Oh my gosh, I really enjoyed Amy's blog! Her leaving makes me feel like I've "lost" my new friend! :( Plus it was so cool seeing the photos!

PS I hope the blogs didn't annoy NCL and cause her dismissal!

I can't see why NCL would be annoyed..... she was doing them for over 200 days. She mentioned she was the last of her friends to leave so I would say it's safe to say she left exactly as she said... her contract ended..