Better to add someone early, right?

I was talking with a friend the other day and she commented how jealous she is of the trips I take.

We get along really well, and I know she has more freedom for when she can take off than I do - especially with notice (I teach, she works in a law office) - so I said "You should come on the cruise in February with me!" (Reflection, Aqua Class)

She (a bit to my surprise, though I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it) said she would think about it! :)

Right now I'm booked solo in the room... My best thing to do would be go ahead and add her in now so the rates don't get any higher, right? And then I could cancel her or just no-show her if she drops out after cancellation?

Is that my best option right now to ensure there is space for her?

Are you in the US?

Are you using a travel agent who doesn't charge for changes?

Are you willing to put her deposit down now?

Yes.

JetBlue Cruises - I know I get charged if I cancel. I booked with a deferred deposit with them. I may give them a call later today and ask what the procedure for adding someone would be. And see what (if anything) her deposit would be now.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If she is the 2nd person in the room it's still at the price that you booked it you just have to pay the deposit and all the perks remain the same. It doesn't matter if you add them later.

If you add a 3rd person again it doesn't change your price but the 3rd person is added at the rate for a 3rd at the time you add them. I did this in January when I added my niece as a 3rd and clarified that my price wouldn't change. Also booked another for December as a solo and they confirmed if I added a second later they would just be responsible for the deposit (full deposit as I got the $25 during the promo) but everything else stays the same.

Personally I would wait until she is sure then you can call up w/ her on the line and she can make the deposit.

If she is the 2nd person in the room it's still at the price that you booked it you just have to pay the deposit and all the perks remain the same. It doesn't matter if you add them later.

If you add a 3rd person again it doesn't change your price but the 3rd person is added at the rate for a 3rd at the time you add them. I did this in January when I added my niece as a 3rd and clarified that my price wouldn't change. Also booked another for December as a solo and they confirmed if I added a second later they would just be responsible for the deposit (full deposit as I got the $25 during the promo) but everything else stays the same.

Personally I would wait until she is sure then you can call up w/ her on the line and she can make the deposit.

Thank you! I wasn't sure if the second person would be at a different rate if the price increased.

The main reason I was leaning towards adding her in now is so that the lifeboat station doesn't fill, making it impossible to add her later.

I will try to get a better idea from her if she thinks it is remotely possible and then decide.

Thank you! I wasn't sure if the second person would be at a different rate if the price increased.

The main reason I was leaning towards adding her in now is so that the lifeboat station doesn't fill, making it impossible to add her later.

I will try to get a better idea from her if she thinks it is remotely possible and then decide.

I added my niece as a 3rd person in late January for our March cruise which was pretty popular being over Easter Weekend/Spring Break and had no problems. I wouldn't anticipate any problems adding since it's the 2nd in the room unless your entire cruise is sold out. You can keep checking on that to see if categories are sold out or not.