Liberty diamond and suite lounge

The sense of entitlement here (not on all threads about the changes, but here) stinks.

Footnote: Here is the list of D+ benefits from the RC website.

1. Crown & Anchor Society Onboard Offers
  2. Priority check-in
  3. Private departure lounge with continental breakfast
  4. Exclusive Trivia
  5. Exclusive Top Tier Event
  6. Robes for use onboard
  7. Signature lapel pin
  8. Welcome Gift/Amenity including choice of beverage
  9. Milestone recognition
  10. Chef's Choice Gift/Amenity
  11. Priority wait list for Shore Excursions/VitalitySM Day Spa services
  12. Diamond Lounge (on select ships)
  13. Priority departure
  14. Exclusive Nightly Diamond Event6
  15. Daily breakfast with specialty coffee
  16. Entertainment Tour
  17. Behind the Scenes Tours
  18. Personalized Gift/Amenity
  19. Concierge Lounge Access (on select ships)
  20. Priority seating at theater, ice show and AquaTheater events
  21. Meal with an Officer for members with 340 or more cruise points
  22. Upgraded bathroom amenities for members with 340 or more cruise points
  23. Bonus Gift for members with 340 or more cruise points
  24. Bonus Gift for members with 525 or more cruise points

What am I missing. Just curious as to what the new changes are if there were any. The only thing I see is a SL instead of CL and D+ go to D Lounge. No big deal. We're D+ and have never had a suite and probably never will because for the $$ I would rather cruise several times a year.

The contractors are on a cruise trying to fix the slide. The longer they take to fix the slide, the longer they're on a cruise. Did he mention which June they would get it fixed?

To the best of my memory, he said mid-June. Your observation occurred to me too...I asked if the workers are staying in crew cabins or guest cabins. Guess what! They're in guest cabins - might take awhile to modify that slide.:rolleyes:

Judy

• 3 weeks later...

We got off the Liberty yesterday and wanted to post a quick update.

We are D+ and utilized the DL almost every night. The lounge was not crowded last week. Even at peak hours, there were always seats available. There was no charge, but were scanning cards for every drink. It didn't count towards the 3 drinks per night.

They had a table set up in front of the blocked off DL balcony door with the liquor, beer, wine, etc. You were to walk up and ask for a drink each time. I've never seen this in a DL/CL before. There was no walking around to tables taking drink orders or topping off wine, not a deal breaker but it definitely felt different and the setup didn't look very nice.

I did walk through the Suite Lounge late one night when it was empty. Very nice setup, large balcony, it is definitely a step up from the DL.

I didn't remember to look who the Suite concierge was, Carlos was our DL concierge. He didn't speak to us, or seemingly most people, except for briefly the last night. Again, a little bit of a strange DL experience.

No word on when the DL balcony will open back up.

I'm diamond, and until I pay the price of a suite, I don't expect the added services that suite guests pay for. I can go on 5 cruises for what many of them are paying for 1. Just because your diamond, diamond+, or pinnacle doesn't mean you get the same services of someone that paid ten grand or more for their cabin. You just get extra perks, and I'm sure soon to be less and less of those.

Yes I agree, suite guests are paying a bundle and should get what is promised.

But we have been D+ for about 7 years now. We were treated better as D+ members 5 years ago. I understand business is business and RCI is not a friend but a for profit company. However, I don't blame folk for feeling the loss of the attention RCi used to give us aspiring D and D+ folk.

I'm diamond, and until I pay the price of a suite, I don't expect the added services that suite guests pay for. I can go on 5 cruises for what many of them are paying for 1. Just because your diamond, diamond+, or pinnacle doesn't mean you get the same services of someone that paid ten grand or more for their cabin. You just get extra perks, and I'm sure soon to be less and less of those.

For those that book a suite, it is "their" choice to pay big bucks for that cabin and yes, I will agree, they do deserve suite perks.

With that being said, achieving D/D+/PC level is not done with "1" cruise, but many cruises over many years which results in many bucks being spent. Again, it is by choice.