Wilma - Cat 5

slotaddict

[quote name='geez']I know this is way off the subject but what kind of dog is that you have posted? The small white one? And to all of you in florida please stay safe and God willing this storm will go away.[/QUOTE]

Hi Everyone !

Thank you for all of the well wishes, from all of us who live in Florida. Of course, this is a very nervous time for all concerned.

To Everyone here in Florida, and those in Wilma's path, please stay safe.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Our thoughts and prayers are with those in Wilma's path. Also for those still in recovery. Never take anything or one for granted. [/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Macop, I truly feel sorry for you, your lack of compassion is a very sad thing.[/FONT]
[URL="http://bible.gospelcom.net/passage/?book_id=56&chapter=4&verse=2&version=31&context=verse"][B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=#0000ff]Ephesians 4:2[/COLOR][/FONT][/B][/URL]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with [B]one[/B] [B]another[/B] in [B]love.[/B][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Wanda[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS] [/FONT][/B]

We hope and pray that everyone in Wilma's path will be safe. Please just disregard the negativity from the lone voice on this thread. It's clear that the poster is in the minority and was very thoughtless. You know the saying....what goes around comes around. Know that most people have you in their thoughts and prayers right now. Be safe everyone.

[quote name='geez']I know this is way off the subject but what kind of dog is that you have posted? The small white one? And to all of you in florida please stay safe and God willing this storm will go away.[/QUOTE]

Thats my Maltese Princess. Dont tell her I'm planning another cruise, she doesnt know yet.

As for a certain poster, I've lived in Florida my whole life (native here). Hmmm, lets see, Florida in hurricane season or Cleveland ANY time of the year? Yea, thats a tough one! ;)

Just hanging out this weekend waiting to see when Wilma starts turning. I saw the Carnival people arriving today to head out and just have to wonder where they are planning on going? They usually do Cancun, Cozumel or Costa Maya. Not this week!

Thank you your princess is adorable. Do these dogs require alot of grooming? I am a BIG animal lover..we have one cat a rescued Border Collie and a horse. My dog won't allow me to have anyother dogs she barely tolerates our cat. But Mandy is great very loyal and no telling what kind of a life she had before we adopted her. We do know she had aleast 2 different homes before ours. Maybe it is a good thing she wants to be an only dog or I would have 4 more. We haven't told Mandy we are going on a cruise either she really gets depressed when the suitcases come out.

Mapop (sic) does have a way of making every thread about her.

All I know is I`m not afraid of tornadoes after all these years living in Kansas. But hurricanes scare the bejesus out of me. You all are much braver than I am.Have gotten to know many folks from Florida I worry more about your plight each year.

Many blessings on all of you.

John

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Florida with Wilma heading your way.

MACOP, I feel you owe everyone a big apology for your unfeeling and unsympathetic tone. You seem to have forgotten that people from not only across the country but around the world read these posts. I have family in New Port Richey, Tarpon Springs, Fort Myers and Lauderhill. I am extremely worried and concerned that they are in harm's way. I also have friends whom I have met from CC and am worried that one who's currently on a cruise will have a home to go back to and that another could face evacuation.

Think about others next time before shooting off your mouth.

Anita

Tadjr,
Hey I see you are from Tampa. I just bought a house about an hour north of Tampa, Homosassa Springs, not supposed to make settlement until September, but with the short supplies for all the rebuilding, it may be later than that. Stay safe and Happy Cruising.

We live about 30 miles south of Orlando and so far are not too worried. Our prayers are with those in the Fort Myers, Punta Gorda, Naples areas. Last year 3 of the storms hit us and did a lot of damage.

We were quite upset by them but this year seeing what happened with Katrina, made our damage look miniscule. We are only supposed to get rain from this hurricane so it seems we are the fortunate ones.

Macop, you are without a doubt one of the most pompous, ignorant people that has posted on the boards. My dad is 92 and has lived in Florida for almost 30 years. How do you think a person of his age could survive winters in the north? None of us are asking you for a thing, so I totally resent your comments.

Katie

As another Floridian (a lucky one at that) I wish everyone in Wilma's path
good thoughts and safety.

Ruth, I hope your Aunt and Uncle evacuate as soon as they are
given the "GO SIGNAL". It does look like she is going to hit that area
and I hope those in Naples, Ft Myers, etc don't let their guard down.
She is moving very slowly so it might not be till early Monday.
My best thoughts go out to you Ruth..and your family.

As for the hurtful and senseless comments of those who participate
on the boards....hopefully that will come back around.:(

[quote][COLOR=navy][I]It's an emotional drain for everyone...from the gov to the disaster planners, the cops, firemen, and each floridian. We are so tired of putting up shutters, taking them down, dragging in everything from outside, replanting trees and shrubs, going without electricity, worrying about food in our freezers, eating out of cans, replacing our roofs, cleaning up after each "hit", freezing ice only to watch it melt in a day, buying water and more water and more water.....and then feeling guilty complaining about our "problems" when others may have got it worse. We sure don't want Wilma heading our way, but how can we wish it on the golf coast!!??? It's a no win situation[/I][/COLOR].[/quote] [FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo][I]itsanita - you hit the nail on the head. We are so tired of this drill... We're just going to have to wait and see what happens! And while we're waiting, one of our favorite island ports, Cozumel, is getting pounded :( - we hope not too badly!![/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Lucida Sans Unicode][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo][I]Kevin & I would like to echo Host Andy's last post and thank those of you who are sending kind and positive thoughts our way.[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

We're in a wait and see mode on the Florida East Coast. Latest prediction is for Monday, but hard to tell since the storm is over the Yucatan Peninsula at this time. It feels like we just got through dealing with the damage from last year's hits by Frances and Jeanne. Everyone in our neighborhood has spent a lot of time and effort to fix up our houses and it is just overwhelming to think we could go through it all again......

[quote name='genmasjoy']We're in a wait and see mode on the Florida East Coast. Latest prediction is for Monday, but hard to tell since the storm is over the Yucatan Peninsula at this time. It feels like we just got through dealing with the damage from last year's hits by Frances and Jeanne. Everyone in our neighborhood has spent a lot of time and effort to fix up our houses and it is just overwhelming to think we could go through it all again......[/QUOTE]

I know what you mean. I feel like I just got done with all the horrible things from last year. I truly hope that somehow, this storm will fizzle out, and not do much damage. Right now, that scenario doesnt look likely. However, the longer it takes to get here.... (supposedly) the better it is for us.

Let's all keep hoping for the very best.

Macop....if you really believed in what you say about only wanting to pay for yourself, why do you participate in any insurance plan, social security, pension plan etc?? If you do you are a hypocrite. I dare say the government has pumped plenty of dough into the Ohio rust belt over the years.

A community helps others, if you are too blind to see that then why don't you just go it alone for everything!

On a much more important note let's remember Wilma is ravaging Mexico, we need to help all those affected.

Archived