EZAir upgrades using airline points

dfdub

I did a casual search on this subject and didn't really get a definitive answer. My wife and I booked a Princess cruise to see the East Coast during the fall. We live on the West Coast and have a bazillion airline points. Can you use your airline points to upgrade a coach fare first bought and booked by EZAir to Business Class???

We live in South Florida going to Seattle for an Alaska cruise, I purchased the cheapest air from American then use miles to upgrade to first!!! I also looked into Princess Air but I would rather go first class for $800 for the both of us.

It depends on the ticket, not all are purchased through consolidators. Our AA flexible fare flight did allow us to upgrade for miles plus $ on international flight this month. However, the ticket has to be paid in full prior to requesting the upgrade. For us, in order to get on the upgrade list early enough, meant we had to pay the princess fare early through an early ticketing request form.

It depends on the ticket, not all are purchased through consolidators. Our AA flexible fare flight did allow us to upgrade for miles plus $ on international flight this month. However, the ticket has to be paid in full prior to requesting the upgrade. For us, in order to get on the upgrade list early enough, meant we had to pay the princess fare early through an early ticketing request form.

As stated, it depends on the fare class Princess uses to purchase the ticket and on the policy of the specific airline.

I suggest you reserve through EZAir and then call the airline and ask if the ticket is upgradeable. If it is not, then you can cancel the EZAir reservations if you want. That will probably work but it is not a guarantee. The airline representative may incorrectly tell you it is upgradeable and then you could find out it is not after you pay for the ticket and it's too late to cancel it.

As stated, it depends on the fare class Princess uses to purchase the ticket and on the policy of the specific airline.

I suggest you reserve through EZAir and then call the airline and ask if the ticket is upgradeable. If it is not, then you can cancel the EZAir reservations if you want. That will probably work but it is not a guarantee. The airline representative may incorrectly tell you it is upgradeable and then you could find out it is not after you pay for the ticket and it's too late to cancel it.

Thank you all for the great information.

We also were able to do this with AA several months ago. They actually couldn't tell us ahead of time if we would be able to, but once we did the early ticketing we were able to use miles to upgrade to first class.

I'm wondering if the same applies if for example you want to pay $ to upgrade to Delta Comfort on Delta? We are booked through EZAir for our Alaska cruise, and as of today it still will not let me purchase the upgrade to Delta Comfort - it says I must select a seat that is in the price category I paid for - which I've never seen on Delta's website before.

I was hoping that once I was inside the 45 days I could upgrade, but I'm not at 42 days and no such luck. Could it be that Princess has not actually paid the fare yet? Do they do it right at 45 days or is it sometimes a bit later?

I'm wondering if the same applies if for example you want to pay $ to upgrade to Delta Comfort on Delta? We are booked through EZAir for our Alaska cruise, and as of today it still will not let me purchase the upgrade to Delta Comfort - it says I must select a seat that is in the price category I paid for - which I've never seen on Delta's website before.

I was hoping that once I was inside the 45 days I could upgrade, but I'm not at 42 days and no such luck. Could it be that Princess has not actually paid the fare yet? Do they do it right at 45 days or is it sometimes a bit later?

Log into your reservation at Delta and see if it says "This reservation has been ticketed..."... and it will show you a date. If so then it is paid for.

Edited by Arzeena

If you have one of the American Express Delta cards; you have to option on Delta's website to purchase a coach or first class ticket with both miles and cash. You still get your MQM miles when you fly

If you have one of the American Express Delta cards; you have to option on Delta's website to purchase a coach or first class ticket with both miles and cash. You still get your MQM miles when you fly

Just to clarify, OP wanted to know if you could use airline points with Princess EZ air.

I think the option your talking about is making flight arrangement "directly" with Delta.

If it is a domestic flight, Delta no longer allows upgrades to Comfort. You have to purchase a ticket in that class.

I was able to upgrade my international leg but not my domestic leg.