Gem is canceling GSC again this week!

emcemt

Leaving tomorrow on the Gem and just got the dreaded email! Giving us the customary $50 cabin credit. Pretty bummed as this was the port we were looking forward to the most!

Maybe it's just me, but this seems to be more than just maintenence, now i saw another thread that they cancelled the stop on the 5/21 trip too[/quote

I am also on the 5/21/16 Cruise. Just got an email that it has been cancelled. Don't think I will ever get there. This is 4th time scheduled to stop there that it has been cancelled :mad:.

Here is the email:

ITINERARY MODIFICATION INFORMATION

Dear Valued Guests,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the beautiful Norwegian Gem for a wonderful cruise vacation. We have some important information for you

regarding the ship's itinerary.

In order to conduct maintenance to Norwegian Gem's Azipod propulsion system, the ship will proceed directly to Nassau after our call in Port Canaveral.

We will arrive in Nassau on Wednesday at 11 am and remain overnight, departing at 6 pm on Thursday once the maintenance is completed. We regret to

inform you that the ship will not be able to call on Great Stirrup Cay with the revised schedule. We apologize for this change and would like to thank you for

your patience and understanding.

Please review the revised itinerary information below:

Original Arrive Depart

Sat New York City, New York 3:00 pm

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Tue Orlando-beaches-port Canaveral, Florida 7:00 am 8:00 pm

Wed Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 10:00 am 6:00 pm

Thu Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sun At Sea

Mon New York City, New York 8:00 am

As a gesture of our appreciation, we will be providing each stateroom with a non-refundable $50 onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on

the ship excluding service charges.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and wish you an enjoyable and memorable cruise.

Sincerely,

Revised Arrive Depart

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Wed Nassau, Bahamas 11:00 am overnight

Thu Nassau, Bahamas overnight 6:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sun At Sea

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

ITINERARY MODIFICATION INFORMATION.docx

Edited by wall6363

Thank you for sharing this information. I am also sailing out tomorrow but have not received any email yet. Did you book directly through NCL? I had been preparing myself mentally that we would probably miss the island. Now this information gives me time to start planning out things and pack according to the new itinerary.

Sylvia

Thank you for sharing this information. I am also sailing out tomorrow but have not received any email yet. Did you book directly through NCL? I had been preparing myself mentally that we would probably miss the island. Now this information gives me time to start planning out things and pack according to the new itinerary.

Sylvia

I'm on tomorrow's sailing too, i got the email around 445pm today, our new itinerary has us in Nassau from 12pm tuesday until 4am Thursday. I booked through Ncl

Maybe it's just me, but this seems to be more than just maintenence, now i saw another thread that they cancelled the stop on the 5/21 trip too[/quote

I am also on the 5/21/16 Cruise. Just got an email that it has been cancelled. Don't think I will ever get there. This is 4th time scheduled to stop there that it has been cancelled :mad:.

Here is the email:

ITINERARY MODIFICATION INFORMATION

Dear Valued Guests,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard the beautiful Norwegian Gem for a wonderful cruise vacation. We have some important information for you

regarding the ship's itinerary.

In order to conduct maintenance to Norwegian Gem's Azipod propulsion system, the ship will proceed directly to Nassau after our call in Port Canaveral.

We will arrive in Nassau on Wednesday at 11 am and remain overnight, departing at 6 pm on Thursday once the maintenance is completed. We regret to

inform you that the ship will not be able to call on Great Stirrup Cay with the revised schedule. We apologize for this change and would like to thank you for

your patience and understanding.

Please review the revised itinerary information below:

Original Arrive Depart

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Wed Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas 10:00 am 6:00 pm

Thu Nassau, Bahamas 8:00 am 6:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sun At Sea

As a gesture of our appreciation, we will be providing each stateroom with a non-refundable $50 onboard credit, which can be used on any expenditure on

the ship excluding service charges.

We thank you for choosing Norwegian Cruise Line and wish you an enjoyable and memorable cruise.

Sincerely,

Revised Arrive Depart

Sun At Sea

Mon At Sea

Wed Nassau, Bahamas 11:00 am overnight

Thu Nassau, Bahamas overnight 6:00 pm

Fri At Sea

Sun At Sea

Vivian Ewart

Vice President, Passenger Services

Met people who were on the Gem this week,and they were al

so cancelled. we were on the Sky made it to GSC. Sorry :(

going to the private island was one of the things I was looking forward to, as long as the weather is nice will have to make do and have a great time see you on the ship tomorrow

going to the private island was one of the things I was looking forward to, as long as the weather is nice will have to make do and have a great time see you on the ship tomorrow

Hey de6259 we're from Staten Island too, you going to the meet and greet?

Leaving tomorrow on the Gem and just got the dreaded email! Giving us the customary $50 cabin credit. Pretty bummed as this was the port we were looking forward to the most!

We missed their private island on the April 30 sailing… And they said it was due to the same problem, maintenance on the Azipod I'm not sure what it is or how long it takes to fix it but it does seem like it takes quite a while! Yet it doesn't seem to affect any other part of the ship but putting the anchor down at their private island? I don't get it

Harriet

We missed their private island on the April 30 sailing… And they said it was due to the same problem, maintenance on the Azipod I'm not sure what it is or how long it takes to fix it but it does seem like it takes quite a while! Yet it doesn't seem to affect any other part of the ship but putting the anchor down at their private island? I don't get it

Harriet

They need the azipods to control fine positioning, in GSC the have to anchor and position the ship so ot blocks the tenders from on coming seas. Wouldn't be safe if the azipods weren't working. I enjoyed following your posts from the villa!

I have a great cruise friend and she has a lot of cruise friends and she doesn't know anyone that ever made it there to GSC. and she was canceled 2 times and so was I.

We made it to the Island the last 3 years this is our first time missing it.

Marion

She has just docked, un-assisted with no tug boats up the Hudson River. Been watching her for a while on webcam. Welcome home !

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I watched her this morning too, and was wondering, if the Azipods are not fixed

she would need a Tug to dock right? or am I wrong?

Marion

Does the $50 apply to just one person in the cabin or is it $50 for all :confused:? We are on the June 4th sailing and would hate to miss this stop.

The $50 is per cabin , you still have a little while

to go, let's hope they get it fix before you go.

Marion

Thanks for the quick reply. We will keep our fingers crossed that they get things fixed. $50 for the whole cabin seems almost insulting for missing one of our three stops. Good thing is we will still be on vacation with our without GSC.