April 30th Gem ..White Hot Party Changed :(

Hi,

We sailed on the Gem on the April 30th sailing. Cruise was great but missed the private island which is my favorite stop. Staff is always the best and no complaints with the food. It seems they are getting a little cheap with the white hot party. We looked forward to the angel wings on the staff, the staff greeting you when you came into the Spinnaker Lounge, Ice sculptures set up with vodka . Nothing now. All there was were sheets tied to the pillars. Pretty bummed. We built that party up to our 23 person group but it was a let down. Hope this isn't the new norm.

on the 4/21 sailing i went on, the white hot party had staff with the wings on but i didn't see any of the other stuff. it was also the last party before the entertainers left the ship so maybe they were just super excited to get off the boat and put in extra effort while the replacements aren't well versed yet lol

That's a drag. Sorry to hear it. I hate it when they use bed sheets as decoration. So much for classing up the line. I bet Celebrity doesn't decorate with sheets.

They do, but they're 1000 thread count:D.

We did a back to back on the Epic in March/April just passed. We too noticed a dismissed effort into making the evening festive. So much so that on the second leg no one in are group attended. Disappointing.

Rochelle

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Seems like they're putting extreme effort into the Glow parties and pulling back on the white hot.

Perhaps you are right. In our case on the Epic, there was also no emphasis for a glow party. My impression coming away from our onboard experience was that the evening entertainment could run hot and cold not only from night to night but from one cruise to the other. Hence some nights were significantly more disappointing than others.

Rochelle

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Seems like they're putting extreme effort into the Glow parties and pulling back on the white hot.

I'll be on my 1st GEM(and NCL) cruise this November. Do all of the ships do both a white party and a glow party? For some reason I was thinking there was only 1?

After all the hype and build up regarding the White Hot Party the reality was very disappointing on the May 7 Gem sailing.

As soon as they announced that the party was starting, there was a mad rush to the dance floor and the dance floor became so overcrowded to the point that people could only jump up and down. No seats were available and you could barely find a place to stand even in the back of the room. We stayed all of 15 minutes and then just left along with a lot of others. Later I saw people in O'Sheean's with glow bracelets. Talked to other passengers who said they actually lucked out by going to the family White Hot Party that was held earlier instead that by comparison was sparsely attended. The younger teens also had their own party. At least on the Gem, perhaps the White Hot Party would be better if held up on deck where there is more space.

MARAPRINCE

Edited by Maraprince

I'll be on my 1st GEM(and NCL) cruise this November. Do all of the ships do both a white party and a glow party? For some reason I was thinking there was only 1?

It is one and the same.

I believe the original idea was for a fleet wide change from the White Hot Party to a Glow Party. I don't think this has been very successful by any means. As far back as I can remember there was always some 'glow' elements at the white hot party. Also people are more likely to have some sort of white outfit in their luggage rather than glow in the dark clothing.

Hope the party on your cruise will be a fun one!

Rochelle