Oceana questions

addictedtotea

Hello! This is my first post on the forum having been a follower for a while! Although I have been on many cruises with P&O and Celebrity with my family, I'm going on my first solo cruise with my boyfriend next month on Oceana sailing from Venice!

Our flight doesn't land until 15:00, which seems very late. Does anyone know whether all the embarkation problems that have been happening will apply in Venice? Hoping not to delay getting on board even more.

Also, we are thinking of booking the Horizon Grill for late on the first night so that we can watch the sailaway before eating, anyone had any experience eating here? We like the look of the sample menu but just want to see what others think before booking.

I have seen a few comments about her being old and in need of refurbishment, I don't think that will bother us as we are just looking for a relaxing time in the sun. Any other tips from anyone who has been on board recently would be great! Thank you all, feels great to have joined finally.

Just wanted to say welcome to the P&O forum, addictedtotea and to say I just love your User name. Wished I had thought of it as it just about sums me up lol.

Sorry I can't help about the embarkation abroad or the Horizon Grill, so will leave others to that. I was onboard Oceana 18 months ago and although I do feel strongly that they should give such a lovely elegant traditional ship a lot more TLC especially on the outside, our time on her was lovely.

Enjoy your cruise :)

If our experience in June last year was anything to go by, your embarkation will be smooth and with no hold ups at all.

One of the highlights of your cruise will be the first night, sailing out of Venice at night - absolute magic!

I can't remember exactly whether we ate before or after the sailaway (Classical music), but they will let you know on board.

Don't worry - just enjoy.

If your flight is a charter then embarkation is all quite easy. Off he plane on to a coach down to the dock and on to your ship. You do not touch your luggage after handing I in at your UK airport.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

IIRC there is no longer an Horizon Grill on Oceana. It is now known as the Beach House

Horizon Grill is still there food available noon till 6pm

Beach House now in the plaza which is sectioned off 7pm till 9pm £5pp cover charge.

Beach House now in the plaza which is sectioned off 7pm till 9pm £5pp cover charge.

Also you do know that the Plaza/Beach House is at the bow of the ship not not the stern.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes but it serves burgers and hot dogs and pizzas etc. I imagine on nice evenings they will still use the outside seating for the Beach House.

The 'old' horizon grill which served steaks etc is gone.