Aft Neptune Suite Nieuw Amsterdam

ShyannDay

Hi all you aft suite lovers - wondering if anyone can give me any info on the aft wrap-around Neptune suites on the Navigation Deck of the Nieuw Amsterdam. My room is already booked (8169), but I am wondering if there will be a lot of noise due to it's location. I'm also a little worried that we are very far from the Neptune lounge (and up a deck!). For me it's not a problem but I am traveling with my Aunt and Uncle who are older. They are in the aft suite on the same deck but on the port side. This is for an Alaska cruise in late August/early September so perhaps there won't be too many lounge chairs being dragged about in the morning (I've read about that noise issue on a separate, older thread). Anyone who can give me some insight and info, pros and cons, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much! :)

Edited by ShyannDay

Hi all you aft suite lovers - wondering if anyone can give me any info on the aft wrap-around Neptune suites on the Navigation Deck of the Nieuw Amsterdam. My room is already booked (8169), but I am wondering if there will be a lot of noise due to it's location. I'm also a little worried that we are very far from the Neptune lounge (and up a deck!). For me it's not a problem but I am traveling with my Aunt and Uncle who are older. They are in the aft suite on the same deck but on the port side. This is for an Alaska cruise in late August/early September so perhaps there won't be too many lounge chairs being dragged about in the morning (I've read about that noise issue on a separate, older thread). Anyone who can give me some insight and info, pros and cons, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks so much! :)

I've never been above deck 7, but the aft-wrap Neptunes are the absolute best for sightseeing with views in three directions. You do get your exercise being aft, but I need the extra steps anyway. I wouldn't think you'd have a noise issue with the cool Alaskan mornings. We'll be in one in January aboard the Eurodam.

Edited by blizzardboy

Thanks blizzardboy - that's what I was figuring about the noise factor. For myself I'm not worried about the trek to the Neptune Lounge, etc. but I am concerned for my Aunt and Uncle. I just hope it's not too much for them. Thanks again.

It is a far walk to the Neptune Lounge and this is part of what you are paying for in a suite. The cabin in also smaller than the regular neptune suites. But the balcony is really great. You have to decide what is most important to you.

Hi! We stayed in Netune aft suite 7137 (on the level of the lounge and there is no sound, only than rushing water low beneath. The aft suites are our favorites and we stayed on our 3 NA cruises 'only' 2 on the Neptune aft (first NA cruise was Neptune opposite the lounge booked, until we found out the lovely aft wraps). We did not care of the 'walk'. Have a look yourself and you can hear only the water rushing sounds: [YOUTUBE]

[/YOUTUBE]. As anyone else mentions: you have a view of nearly 180 degrees and views are great regardless the temperarure. Enjoy! :)

Hopefully being an Alaskan cruise there won't be a lot of early morning noise from the Lido deck. However, we have been in aft cabins under the Lido where it has been annoying. We are booked in one of the aft Neptunes in Feb and I purposely chose the Rotterdam deck to avoid any problems.

Hi! We stayed in Netune aft suite 7137 (on the level of the lounge and there is , only than rushing water low beneath. The aft suites are our favorites and we stayed on our 3 NA cruises 'only' 2 on the Neptune aft (first NA cruise was Neptune opposite the lounge booked, until we found out the lovely aft wraps). We did not care of the 'walk'. Have a look yourself and you can hear only the water rushing sounds: [YOUTUBE]
[/YOUTUBE]. As anyone else mentions: you have a view of nearly 180 degrees and views are great regardless the temperarure. Enjoy! :)

The concern the OP has is because they are a deck higher. Unlike your (quiet) cabin, they will have the Lido Deck directly above. I know that location wouldn't be our choice because of the wooden deck being hosed off early in the morning and people dragging chairs on our ceiling - quite likely as we are trying to sleep. The fact that you had "no sound" won't be necessarily applicable to their cabins.

Even though it will be an Alaskan cruise, the crew will still need to doing that early morning chore of washing down the deck. Good luck.

Thank you everyone. I really appreciate all your replies. Thanks for the video Moby... I am definitely concerned about the noise since we are right below the Lido deck and even more concerned about the walk for my elderly Aunt and Uncle. I noticed HAL still has room savailable on deck 7 (Rotterdam) and I'm wondering if I should try and switch. Not sure if it's even possible to do so. I had booked these because I had read so much about the wrap around aft decks but now I'm second-guessing my decision. :(

While it's a longer walk to some things, it's much shorter to others. I wouldn't give up both aft wraps. You're going to a gorgeous place, and nobody has a better view than you do from your own veranda. If you feel the need to move your senior family members, keep your suite. One of the great things about HAL's ship size is that it's easy to find each other. You have phones and voicemail so you don't have to have cabins right next to each other.

While it's a longer walk to some things, it's much shorter to others. I wouldn't give up both aft wraps. You're going to a gorgeous place, and nobody has a better view than you do from your own veranda. If you feel the need to move your senior family members, keep your suite. One of the great things about HAL's ship size is that it's easy to find each other. You have phones and voicemail so you don't have to have cabins right next to each other.

Thank you Blizzardboy - I appreciate your input. What would we be closer to - the Lido or something else too? I'm just thinking that we're so far from the Neptune Lounge that it won't really be a perk. For me, no problem but for my Aunt and Uncle it would really be convenient if they were closer. Thanks again!

Thank you Blizzardboy - I appreciate your input. What would we be closer to - the Lido or something else too? I'm just thinking that we're so far from the Neptune Lounge that it won't really be a perk. For me, no problem but for my Aunt and Uncle it would really be convenient if they were closer. Thanks again!

MDR and Lido are aft. With your concerns, moving them to a suite by the Lounge and keeping your aft wrap would be my choice.

I love the aft-wrap cabins on the larger HAL ships. However, they are a walk to the Neptune (on one cruise I had some foot problems and it really was an inconvenience). Also, I dislike being below the pool deck.

Thank you very much DaveOKC - I appreciate your perspective.

Thanks also again blizzardboy - your input has really helped.

I am going to check to see if HAL will change my Aunt and Uncle's room to one of the one's on the Deck below near the Neptune lounge. I know they still have some available, but I'm not sure what their policy is on that and if they will allow a room change.