Door decorating

From Carnivals FAQ:

"We recognize some of our guests like to decorate their staterooms and we, too, love seeing your creative decorations. However, for safety reasons, we must ask that you abide by the following guidelines for decorating your stateroom door as well as the interior of your stateroom.

Only use fire retardant materials; items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable.

Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings.

To affix materials to your stateroom door, you may use magnets and Command Strips. Magnets don't work on most doors

Do not use adhesives such as tape or glue that will leave residue.tape leave residue even if you can't see it

Over-the-door hanging organizers may only be used if they are fire retardant and do not damage the door. (Must hang inside the stateroom.)

No decorations of any kind on balconies.

No string lights of any kind.

Important: If decorations are deemed to be a fire hazard or unsafe, they will be removed.

We thank you for your understanding and cooperation."

I frequently decorate the door but a few years ago on the Dream, my brother and his GF decided that they wanted to take their first cruise. So we booked coves and set off cruising. My DH and I decorated our door and their door as a surprise for them. They were so funny. They thought it was great that out of all of the doors on the floor, Carnival decide to decorate our two doors!!:D

And where do you find "flame retardant" door decorations??? I see this as a way to stop the decorating. The funtimes are paper which is surely not flame retardant and I doubt many other items on the ship are either (think Dr. Seuss decorations for one). If they don't want the doors decorated, just say so, not some stupid rule that isn't consistent ship wide. :rolleyes:

Plastic window clings work great. I get them at the dollar store and write our names and cruise date/destination on one of the clings. Easy to put up and take down and cheap enough to throw out at the end of the cruise. Wiping the door with a wet washcloth before putting the clings up helps them adhere better.

I tried using some dry erase boards on my last cruise for our door but they were too heavy (for the door) - they worked on our room walls.

Both the car magnets worked on our doors, they are 7 x 4 inches wide, refrigerator magnets seem to work.

As far as the flame retardant policy, I think people were going overboard with the decor so they had to tone it down.

ad11494729e23385833fdf9ae07c8b75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
Plastic window clings work great. I get them at the dollar store and write our names and cruise date/destination on one of the clings. Easy to put up and take down and cheap enough to throw out at the end of the cruise. Wiping the door with a wet washcloth before putting the clings up helps them adhere better.

The window clings tend to bleed through, leaving an awful stain. I'm not saying they all do, but a lot of them do.

Edited to add: I'm talking about the gel clings, not the flat ones.

Edited by luvabargain
editing

Me, too. I know it seems silly but it makes it so much easier to find your room. I get turned around so easy in those hallways.

But you can't see them till your virtually at your door anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Our last door decorations we had some extremely naughty stuff added by random guest. They drew penises and let other messages for us. Also we has people stick pictures of themselves on our door. This time we are doing really simple dollar tree decorations