Tablemates or table for 4 with early dining?

We (family of 4) usually select Yourtime Dining, but, that is waitlisted for our upcoming cruise on the Valor. We are confirmed for Early dining, and so may I ask: Will we be seated at a table for 4, or is it likely that we will be seated at a larger table with people we probably have never met?

Second question: If we are confirmed for Early, but go on carnival website and select waitlist for Yourtime, do we possibly lose the Early dining and possibly end up with neither Yourtime or Early? Basically, do we risk losing early by selecting wait list for Yourtime?

We (family of 4) usually select Yourtime Dining, but, that is waitlisted for our upcoming cruise on the Valor. We are confirmed for Early dining, and so may I ask: Will we be seated at a table for 4, or is it likely that we will be seated at a larger table with people we probably have never met?

Second question: If we are confirmed for Early, but go on carnival website and select waitlist for Yourtime, do we possibly lose the Early dining and possibly end up with neither Yourtime or Early? Basically, do we risk losing early by selecting wait list for Yourtime?

Nothing is ever written in stone as to dining. However, My bet is for a party of four you will be either seated at a four top or given half of a larger table for 8 -10. Doubt they would put you at a 6 as that would put the poor duo at a severe disadvantage particularly as you have expressed the fear of having to meet new people.

If you get a table for 8-10 do try to enjoy it and meet and interact with the rest of the table. Meeting new people should not be a terror but a broadening of ones life experience.

Some people have posted that they've had success emailing the ship's maitre D in advance with their preference of a smaller table. I've never done it so I don't know how to do it, but I'm sure someone will chime in. [emoji3]

Nothing is ever written in stone as to dining. However, My bet is for a party of four you will be either seated at a four top or given half of a larger table for 8 -10. Doubt they would put you at a 6 as that would put the poor duo at a severe disadvantage particularly as you have expressed the fear of having to meet new people.

If you get a table for 8-10 do try to enjoy it and meet and interact with the rest of the table. Meeting new people should not be a terror but a broadening of ones life experience.

Thanks for the input, I truly appreciate it...for what it's worth, I didn't say nor mean to imply we were afraid or terrified of eating with some other folks, just was curious about what to expect with regard to a table assignment. The "probably never met before" was simply a statement of fact regarding the very high probability that if seated with someone else, we would likely have not met them before. I realize it may have sounded more harsh than I meant it.

Thanks for the input, I truly appreciate it...for what it's worth, I didn't say nor mean to imply we were afraid or terrified of eating with some other folks, just was curious about what to expect with regard to a table assignment. The "probably never met before" was simply a statement of fact regarding the very high probability that if seated with someone else, we would likely have not met them before. I realize it may have sounded more harsh than I meant it.

Usually DW and I cruise by ourselves and want a large table.

Three family cruises and once we were put with another family and the other two times we had our own table.

We always enjoy meeting new people, this past cruise we were at table for 8 and only four of us ever showed up. You can definitely get your table changed if you are not happy with it.