Survey to determine exactly when Royal and Regal stopped heating the Enclave beds

smixsell

Please share your experience. I'm gathering data prior to a conversation with a Princess Customer Service Rep.

My Feb 14 REGAL cruise the Enclave beds (stone and Water) were UNHEATED

Please share your experiences.

Thanks!

Ive sailed the Royal once--Regal three times.

IMHO , the beds have NEVER been heated--no heating attachments to the chairs. The room may be warm (makes chairs appear warm). But they've never been attached to a heating element. Just 8 rock beds :eek:

But advertisement says they are heated--so it must be true.....NOT

Edited by blkspy

What's the point if they are not heated? It's one of my favorite treats when on HAL ships (going to Alaska).;)

2 things....we are speaking about Princess ships. The 'Princess' Grand class ships have obviously heated beds. 'Princess' advertised their new ships would have this feature and they DO NOT. I guess this is the point this discussion is about.

Edited by blkspy

Ive sailed the Royal once--Regal three times.

IMHO , the beds have NEVER been heated--no heating attachments to the chairs. The room may be warm (makes chairs appear warm). But they've never been attached to a heating element. Just 8 rock beds :eek:

But advertisement says they are heated--so it must be true.....NOT

I don't recall any visible "heating attachments" on the beds in the thermal suite on Sapphire. The heating mechanism is inside the chairs IIRC.

2 things....we are speaking about Princess ships. The 'Princess' Grand class ships have obviously heated beds. 'Princess' advertised their new ships would have this feature and they DO NOT. I guess this is the point this discussion is about.

My hope is to get to the bottom of this in my talk or talks with Princess.

My powerful suspicion is that the beds are designed to be heated, but that there is either:

1)a technical issue with Regal/Royal (i.e broke and too troublesome to fix or design defect makes them dangerous to operate) or

2) a legal issue (i.e. concern over liability), or

3) a Spa management issue with Regal/Royal (ie they don't like people hanging around too long on their lovely heated beds).

Edited by smixsell

Update: I just spoke with Cust Svc rep from the company that manages the Regal and Royal Enclave. She confirmed directly that the BEDS ARE DESIGNED TO BE HEATED AND SUPPOSED TO BE HEATED and that if they are not it means that something is wrong.

She said that she has never had any complaint about the beds being unheated reach her ears before mine. She also said that internal inquiries have been sent to their operations department, and that she was eager to get to the bottom of the situation so it would be corrected.

Let's all pray that this actually results in the problem being corrected!

2015 on the Royal. We were told the bed were heated when we purchased the package but for the 17 days we used them they were not heated. Told the staff but that fell on deaf ears.:confused:

Update: I just spoke with Cust Svc rep from the company that manages the Regal and Royal Enclave. She confirmed directly that the BEDS ARE DESIGNED TO BE HEATED AND SUPPOSED TO BE HEATED and that if they are not it means that something is wrong.

She said that she has never had any complaint about the beds being unheated reach her ears before mine. She also said that internal inquiries have been sent to their operations department, and that she was eager to get to the bottom of the situation so it would be corrected.

I wrote a post....must be on the other thread about these beds.

I said you cant find ANYONE at Princess ( their management) that could tell you this very day whether these things are heated TODAY wherever these ships are in the world. For a company to say they had no idea the heating system wasn't working and no one mentioned it in 3 plus years. Makes me shake my head.

There should be a box near the chair or at the base of the chair, where maintenance can be done.....Or do they have to jack hammer the whole chair if a $2 fuse blows :eek:....

Can't wait to here the response you get. Its acknowledged they wanted the beds/chairs to be heated. But they cant/wont admit they NEVER were working/hooked up/designed correctly.

Im sailing the Regal 3 times in the next 11 months (6 times) since 2013. Ill bet dollars to donuts they wont be working, baring a Drydock between now and then. I enjoy steam rooms and ONLY pay the high Enclave price with OBC...never out of pocket money.

Good luck everyone, happy cruising.

I wrote a post....must be on the other thread about these beds.

I said you cant find ANYONE at Princess ( their management) that could tell you this very day whether these things are heated TODAY wherever these ships are in the world. For a company to say they had no idea the heating system wasn't working and no one mentioned it in 3 plus years. Makes me shake my head.

There should be a box near the chair or at the base of the chair, where maintenance can be done.....Or do they have to jack hammer the whole chair if a $2 fuse blows :eek:....

Can't wait to here the response you get. Its acknowledged they wanted the beds/chairs to be heated. But they cant/wont admit they NEVER were working/hooked up/designed correctly.

Im sailing the Regal 3 times in the next 11 months (6 times) since 2013. Ill bet dollars to donuts they wont be working, baring a Drydock between now and then. I enjoy steam rooms and ONLY pay the high Enclave price with OBC...never out of pocket money.

Good luck everyone, happy cruising.

I too am skeptical as to whether they will actually correct the problem. But the absolute stupidity of the cold beds just makes me feel obligated to do my best to confront the issue.

2015 on the Royal. We were told the bed were heated when we purchased the package but for the 17 days we used them they were not heated. Told the staff but that fell on deaf ears.:confused:

Thanks for sharing. I'm doing my best to "turn up the heat" on the management company, or whomever is responsible, by shining as much light on the issue as possible to the corporate powers that be.

My hope is to get to the bottom of this in my talk or talks with Princess.

My powerful suspicion is that the beds are designed to be heated, but that there is either:

1)a technical issue with Regal/Royal (i.e broke and too troublesome to fix or design defect makes them dangerous to operate) or

2) a legal issue (i.e. concern over liability), or

3) a Spa management issue with Regal/Royal (ie they don't like people hanging around too long on their lovely heated beds).

One more idea: is that the Lotus Spa or Princess just does not want to have that extra voltage or expense for the beds to be heated. And maybe when they were 1st used they saw how much voltage was needed & they said NO can do & disconnected it. I can not imagine Princess, & or the Lotus Spa not getting hundreds of comments regarding this.

This is one reason we do not book on the Royal or the Regal. We always book full suites & I would feel cheated not having heated thermal beds as one of the perks.

I would not believe Princess if they told you they have never had any complaints about this.

I really hope you get to the bottom of this & I commend you for looking into this.

Let us know the outcome,

Grace

One more idea: is that the Lotus Spa or Princess just does not want to have that extra voltage or expense for the beds to be heated. And maybe when they were 1st used they saw how much voltage was needed & they said NO can do & disconnected it. I can not imagine Princess, & or the Lotus Spa not getting hundreds of comments regarding this.

This is one reason we do not book on the Royal or the Regal. We always book full suites & I would feel cheated not having heated thermal beds as one of the perks.

I would not believe Princess if they told you they have never had any complaints about this.

I really hope you get to the bottom of this & I commend you for looking into this.

Let us know the outcome,

Grace

Smixsell,

It sounds like you got a refund for your enclave. I am glad for you. Hopefully others will read & ask for a refund. This could possibly be a way Princess will take notice & do something about it. Or @ least not tell other passengers that the beds are heated.

My experience recently with the Lotus Spa on the Ruby (the beds were heated) was that the staff @ the desk & the Spa Manager could care less. I had a complaint about something & I could tell that it was not going to be reported.:eek: I had told the Manager that I thought the Thermal Suites were being over sold, because most times the beds were full. And I only find this on the Ruby. If I am in a full suite this is a perk that is a waste, if the beds are always occupied. My last 2 cruises were on the Ruby. Maybe those beds are just getting more popular. There is only 5.

Grace

Between 2010 and 2013 we used the HEATED tile loungers in the Thermal Suites on the Coral, Sapphire and Emerald so we know what they should feel like. We were on the September 11, 2014 cruise on the Regal and booked the Enclave. I spend most of my time in the wonderfully warm hydrotherapy pool but I did try out the waterbeds once and although they seemed like a useless addition they definitely were heated. DW used the tile loungers every day and they were heated the same as the tile loungers on the other ships.

Was wondering what reason the management company gave you as to why the tile chairs and water beds haven't been heated, Also what explanation you were given that they never heard about this problem when they got back to you with their explanation.

Very interested in the response you received.

Here is what we were told on Regal, we were on the maiden voyage and the beds were heated. We again travelled on the Regal in April 2015, the beds were not heated. Spoke with the spa manager, she advised that in January 2015, they turned down the temperature they are still heated. The reason the rooms are also heated on the regal and Royal, people were not properly hydrating and having medical issues from this, therefore the decision to keep the temperature turned down, they can turn up some what but nothing like you are thinking. That was our experience..

oddly or not (?) a year ago we purchased the package (not via a suite) and never got to enjoy the 'heated' or otherwise beds. They were always full.... for 10 days.,.... We did use the 'water' beds on the lower tier, and they were heated. And, of course the pool was awesome. But, never once got to enjoy the 'stone' beds heated or not. We have been on the Royal once since that and did not purchase the package - as it's way to expensive, especially if you don't even get to nap on the stone beds. This was one of our 'luxury' purchases over about 20 Princess cruises - but we will not be partaking in the future - too expensive and .... what? Cold stone beds......? nope.

oddly or not (?) a year ago we purchased the package (not via a suite) and never got to enjoy the 'heated' or otherwise beds. They were always full.... for 10 days.,.... We did use the 'water' beds on the lower tier, and they were heated. And, of course the pool was awesome. But, never once got to enjoy the 'stone' beds heated or not. We have been on the Royal once since that and did not purchase the package - as it's way to expensive, especially if you don't even get to nap on the stone beds. This was one of our 'luxury' purchases over about 20 Princess cruises - but we will not be partaking in the future - too expensive and .... what? Cold stone beds......? nope.

Lower tier water beds ? On the Royal? What lower tier in the Enclave?

The beds aren't for napping.......but ive seen people leave robes, towels, books etc in an attempt to Hog them like pool lounge chairs on deck.

Edited by blkspy