Survey to determine exactly when Royal and Regal stopped heating the Enclave beds

smixsell

We were on Regal 04/17/16 we paid quite a bit for the Enclave (14days) the beds were not heated. We watched the on demand video in the cabin which clearly stated the bed were heated, I even pointed this out to my husband as we were disappointed with our Enclave experience. The beds were heated Thanksgiving 2014 when we sailed Regal

Edited by 2cruizinfools

We were on Regal 04/17/16 we paid quite a bit for the Enclave (14days) the beds were not heated. We watched the on demand video in the cabin which clearly stated the bed were heated, I even pointed this out to my husband as we were disappointed with our Enclave experience. The beds were heated Thanksgiving 2014 when we sailed Regal

The OP started 3 threads on this subject, with the promise to get to the bottom of things. Waiting for his response about what they told him. He must be busy, he's not posted since starting the threads?

I sailed the Regal October 2014 Repo--NY to Fll....they were NOT heated during our cruise, nor have they been heated on our 2 cruises since that time. You are one of only 2 cruisers who've felt them working that ive heard of :) you're lucky......

Going to wait anxiously for the OP to give the findings if he has any.

Lower tier water beds ? On the Royal? What lower tier in the Enclave?

The beds aren't for napping.......but ive seen people leave robes, towels, books etc in an attempt to Hog them like pool lounge chairs on deck.

Four stone beds are on an upper platform on one side of the spa approx 2-3 steps up from the main floor, and then the water beds are on the lower tier right below and off to the side. On the opposite side of the spa are four more stone beds which are on the same level as the waterbeds. The four tile beds on the upper tier are behind panels of glass which obfuscate the view of the pool

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 4cats4me

Four stone beds are on an upper platform on one side of the spa approx 2-3 steps up from the main floor, and then the water beds are on the lower tier right below and off to the side. On the opposite side of the spa are four more stone beds which are on the same level as the waterbeds. The four tile beds on the upper tier are behind panels of glass which obfuscate the view of the pool

Ive been to the Enclave during all 4 of my Regal/Royal cruises. I know the layout. There are only 2 'waterbeds in the whole room in the same place on Both ships. Listing them as lower tier to me suggest there are uper tier water beds. :eek:

MY BAD for looking at it that way.:)

• 2 months later...
Ive been to the Enclave during all 4 of my Regal/Royal cruises. I know the layout. There are only 2 'waterbeds in the whole room in the same place on Both ships. Listing them as lower tier to me suggest there are uper tier water beds. :eek:

MY BAD for looking at it that way.:)[/

That is why I used the term "water beds" vs. "tile beds/stone beds"

I never suggested that there were upper tier level water beds

The beds ARE heated. There is NO obvious connection to electric so people please.. don't assume because there's no plug in the wall there's no heating element! Everything is under the beds. Was just on Royal in the spring and I always do the Enclave. The stone beds have always been heated, but, there is no consistency. I use the Enclave twice a day. On port days, you can have the place to yourself. If you walk around and put your hands on the beds, you will almost never feel any heat...they will just feel like room temperature, or perhaps a little warmer. I used one of the beds one day and it felt that way to the touch... 15 minutes lying on it, it got so warm it became too much! It was HOT! I moved to another bed and it never got close to that temperature.... it was "warm" but that's about it. That was the same experience I have on the previous cruise on Regal. They ARE heated, but the amount of heat can vary greatly. Lie on the bed for at least 15 minutes and you will, at the least, feel it warm up. Putting your hand on it won't tell you a darn thing! Now, I can only hope nothing has changed... would certainly ruin the whole idea behind the beds. I'll find out in October!

Edited by CruisingIsBest

Ive sailed the Royal once--Regal three times.

IMHO , the beds have NEVER been heated--no heating attachments to the chairs. The room may be warm (makes chairs appear warm). But they've never been attached to a heating element. Just 8 rock beds :eek:

But advertisement says they are heated--so it must be true.....NOT

We sail the Royal (Inaugural T/A) in 2013. The stone beds did not appear to be heated.....

Bob

We sailed Royal March of 2014. The beds were not heated. My mom and I had the place mostly to ourselves when we went so I tried 3 beds, none of them were heated. My bad, i assumed it was just our cruise so i didnt say anything. Luckily I enjoy the steam rooms and pool more or I would have been very disappointed. We will sail her again in Feb. If theY are not heated I will say something. Probably won't do any good but you know what they say, the more that speak up.........

• 3 weeks later...

No complaints??? We took the Royal Princess transatlantic. Nothing worked in the Enclave. The hot tub was a cold tub, the showers didn't work the way they were supposed to, the stone beds were not heated. I complained everyday. Charlotte the manager was indifferent and rude. On the last day of the cruise I was in the cold tub and they came around with people that were doing a Back to back. She was giving them the whole phony talk when I said (I guess too loudly) "they lie". After they left someone came in and told me the manager wanted to talk to me. She kicked me an d my husband out of the Enclave. She refunded our money. It was our last day so it worked out for us. When I returned home I wrote a long letter. The only thing they said was that Princess didn't manage the spa and they were glad I got my money back.

There is no way there were no complaints.

I am going on the Regal Princess soon and I will take the tour when we board. I will not let them lie to me. I will go up to the b eds and feel them!!!!!!

Carol

No complaints??? We took the Royal Princess transatlantic. Nothing worked in the Enclave. The hot tub was a cold tub, the showers didn't work the way they were supposed to, the stone beds were not heated. I complained everyday. Charlotte the manager was indifferent and rude. On the last day of the cruise I was in the cold tub and they came around with people that were doing a Back to back. She was giving them the whole phony talk when I said (I guess too loudly) "they lie". After they left someone came in and told me the manager wanted to talk to me. She kicked me an d my husband out of the Enclave. She refunded our money. It was our last day so it worked out for us. When I returned home I wrote a long letter. The only thing they said was that Princess didn't manage the spa and they were glad I got my money back.

There is no way there were no complaints.

I am going on the Regal Princess soon and I will take the tour when we board. I will not let them lie to me. I will go up to the b eds and feel them!!!!!!

Carol

Good job! If Princess doesn't manage the spa then who does?? Let us know how the Regal is. :)

[CENTER][/CENTER][quote name='smixsell']bump[/QUOTE]

Have you read the CC FAQs -

"Bumping
Please do not manipulate postings on the boards by "bumping" topics to the top of the forum. Members will assume something of value has been posted, only to find that the newest posting is nothing more than a "bump post". This only wastes everyone's time."

DON