Carnival Glory Change of Room

Hi.

First post on here so apologies if on wrong forum !!

Booked on Carnival Glory - thought i had room 8308, now transpires that they've given me 9211.

Its our Silver Wedding Anniversary AND our first ever cruise so i want everything to run smoothly.

As a novice I am seeking advice that I've not been given a "worse room" although both are categorized as 8D

Many Thanks

Hi.

First post on here so apologies if on wrong forum !!

Booked on Carnival Glory - thought i had room 8308, now transpires that they've given me 9211.

Its our Silver Wedding Anniversary AND our first ever cruise so i want everything to run smoothly.

As a novice I am seeking advice that I've not been given a "worse room" although both are categorized as 8D

Many Thanks

I would also ask this on the Carnival forum where you would be likely to have many more folks with Carnival experience see your question:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

Did you book direct with Carnival or with a TA? What does your paperwork say? Did you choose 8308? Even though they are the same category, 8308 is a balcony midship on the port side, and 9211 is very far forward on the starboard side. I would be checking to find out whay it is different from what you thought you were booking. EM

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all of your responses.

I managed to post this on a more appropriate message board and had some favourable feedback. As such i'm going to go with the rearranged cabin.

I appreciate its further forward but 1. i don't even know if i suffer from motion sickness as i've never sailed before, and 2.Unless the seas are rough (Caribbean in June ?) i'm told the motion is negligible anyway.

I'm interested to know the benefits of port vs starboard argument. Is it to do with sunrise / sunset or wind direction ? :confused: