Early Dining on Explorer of the Seas

We are traveling in a group of 7 and my TA was only able to secure early seating for 5 of us. The other 2 currently have MTD and waitlisted for early dining. What is your experience in being able to change your dining time? We are sailing to Alaska in July and was told that the early seating is the most popular and this is the only time that also has MFTD (My Family Time Dining).

Any advice would be appreciated.

We are traveling in a group of 7 and my TA was only able to secure early seating for 5 of us. The other 2 currently have MTD and waitlisted for early dining. What is your experience in being able to change your dining time? We are sailing to Alaska in July and was told that the early seating is the most popular and this is the only time that also has MFTD (My Family Time Dining).

I would advise once you get on board go directly to the Main Dining Room, speak to the restaurant manager and see if you can switch the later seating.

There are often last minute cancellations and if you act quickly you just might work things out.

Good Luck and have a great cruise on Explorer.

Jonathan

I would advise once you get on board go directly to the Main Dining Room, speak to the restaurant manager and see if you can switch the later seating.

There are often last minute cancellations and if you act quickly you just might work things out.

Good Luck and have a great cruise on Explorer.

Jonathan

Thank you for the advice and luck. With young kids, we actually want the earlier seating so fingers crossed, we will all get it!

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to try to call...I booked our cruise about 3 months ago. We are a family of 4 and I was told we could only do the my time dining. Yesterday I made my final payment and asked them to check and see if we could change to the early dining and they did! :)

Are all of your reservations linked. Our friend booked the same cruise we were on. We were given early dining, they were given MTD. They linked our reservations and they immediately went to early. They had been wait listed, this happened within minutes of them booking. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Call C&A now. They will probably help.

800-526-9723