Drink prices

On the big ships, Anthem, Ovation, Quantum, Oasis, Harmony and Allure, yes, you need (you don't "need", but you "should") to. The others, I do not believe so.

Edited by ade1982

What do you mean you have to book entertainment?

On Oasis Class and Quantum Class, reserving shows in your cruise planner is highly recommended but optional. You may still get in but you'll have to wait in line. It is not an option on any other class of ship.

Edited by Big_G

One thing I found sad on the Anthem is that, it seems, a lot of people make reservations and then don't show up. That means others who want to make reservations can't because they, essentially, sell out (even though there is no cost). Since the shows are free people feel like they can just not show up and it doesn't matter.

From what I could see the people forced to wait in line outside all got in, but it was a last minute mad dash for seats and it was kind of annoying because the bar servers were trying to get out last minute drinks and they were crawling over others to get to seats.

I think there should be a minimal cost for the reservation shows (like $5) that would dissuade people from reserving just in case they want to go (thinking they can just not show up if they'd rather go to trivia that night).

The same thing is true of other things like the iFly Ripcord and Northstar. There was always a standby line at those things as well.

I felt sorry for the people standing outside because they couldn't get a reserved time that someone else locked in and then didn't use.

I could see this happen occasionally (everyone has an emergency or plan change at some point), but it seems to happen a lot with this system.

Or, they could just make all of these things first come first serve and get rid of the useless reservation system that just says "no openings" for everything anyway.

Tom

On Oasis Class and Quantum Class, reserving shows in your cruise planner is highly recommended but optional. You may still get in but you'll have to wait in line. It is not an option on any other class of ship.

Beer - a bottle of Corona (330ml), or Bud (16fl.oz) was $6.50 + 18% tip a few weeks ago.

Coctails - start at around $10 + 18% tip, depending on what you fancy.

Do they ever offer "free" wine at dinners? Or any other venue? Is it best to buy the premium package if you know you will have three or more drinks a day plus soda, water?.....

We went to the Grande restaurant a couple of times and they offered us free sparkling wine during the dinners. That was kind of nice (although it's not the best stuff of course). Otherwise, no free drinks in any of hte free venues that I could see.

Tom

Do they ever offer "free" wine at dinners? Or any other venue? Is it best to buy the premium package if you know you will have three or more drinks a day plus soda, water?.....

Do you need to reserve seats for every live show/event?

No, on those ships where they have show reservations, there is a standby line that can be used for those without reservations.

I haven't done a Quantum Class yet but Oasis Class venues with reservation options include the main theater, comedy club, and ice show.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk