Ubp

UK Cruiser2

This is pretty irrelevent unless they price the drinks the same. You MAY be able to get a drink on Royal costing $12 that on NCL would cost $15.

Edit: D'oh! Sorry Demonyte, I hadn't read your response before posting.

You are correct, I'm not advocating one over the other (as I have one cruise on Royal and one on NCL and I am in the process of booking another on Royal and have one book on NCL). I was just pointing out the pricing difference, as NCL is a $15 across the board to cover wine, cocktails and beer (and last year on the breakaway cocktails ran about $9 a piece) Royal has a different price limit for beer, one for cocktails and one for wine....that said...I enjoy my free beverage promo but will happily pay when I get my Oasis class ship rebooked[emoji5]

Haven passengers are not charged service charge on the promo package. When you purchase it for retail price, you pay everything just like everyone else.

Thank you Demonyte :) I was fairly sure that was correct but, since I was surprised that as a Haven passenger I didnt pay, I was just as surprised when I did :) I wish there was someplace that all of these stoopid questions there are were someplace - I had looked in the FAQs on NCL and did see anything about it

Those prices are crazy high!

In regards to the above poster, Royal Carribean is $69.00 a day but that includes the service charge. It also includes:

Ultimate Package

Cost
: $69.62 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

• Premium coffee

• Premium tea

• Bottled water

• Sparkling water (375ml)

• Still water (500ml)

• Fresh squeezed orange juice

• Call and premium cocktails (up to $10 value)

• Frozen cocktails

• Beers

• Premium wine by the glass (up to $12 value)

• Non-alcoholic cocktails

• Fountain soda with souvenir Coca-Cola cup

• (
    NEW
    ) 40% discount on purchases of bottles of wine

They also have two other packages to choose from, the Premium package including top shelf liquor for $57 a day.

Select Beverage Package

Cost
: $46.02 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Package includes:

• beer

• house wines by the glass (up to $8 per glass value)

• all non-alcoholic cocktails

• fountain soda

• juices

NEW

• 20% discount on purchases of bottles of wine
    NEW

Premium Beverage Package

Cost
: $57.82 per guest, per day (includes service charge)

Package includes:

• beer

• frozen drinks

• all cocktails including premium brands

• house wines by the glass

• bottled water (500 ml)

• all non-alcoholic cocktails

• fountain soda

• juices

NEW

• 20% discount on purchases of bottles of wine
    NEW

NCL is way out of line with their $79 plus gratuities a day!

When was the last time Royal included one of these packages in a promotion ? They have to price them aggressively to entice sales. Even though NCL charges a higher price and doesn't include some of the above, I'd say the majority of NCL passengers aren't paying $79.00 a day plus 18% service charge. As the majority of NCL's customers are getting the UBP as part of their endless promotions.

When was the last time Royal included one of these packages in a promotion ? They have to price them aggressively to entice sales. Even though NCL charges a higher price and doesn't include some of the above, I'd say the majority of NCL passengers aren't paying $79.00 a day plus 18% service charge. As the majority of NCL's customers are getting the UBP as part of their endless promotions.

But people that book and "guarantee" cabins on NCL are not eligible for the promo's, so they are stuck paying $79.00 a day for drink package. Way out of line! Actually, I feel it would be better to just buy drinks out of pocket at that price. Also, RCL lets only one person in the cabin purchase the package, not making both buy it.

At the end of the day it comes down to how much you drink and what you drink

If you can live without hard alcohol the beer and wine is the way to go which is what I'm doing save about 200 bucks over the course of the 8 days that way and you have to do the math and dictate how much you truly anticipate drinking but for the most part drinks add up fast especially when drinking throughout the day

Get one of the packages know what you are paying up front

And have a damn good time

If you can live without hard alcohol the beer and wine is the way to go which is what I'm doing save about 200 bucks over the course of the 8 days that way and you have to do the math and dictate how much you truly anticipate drinking but for the most part drinks add up fast especially when drinking throughout the day

Actually, if you just drink beer and wine, and drink less than a couple of bottles of wine plus a few beers a day then the viva vino wine package is likely to be the best way to go.

But people that book and "guarantee" cabins on NCL are not eligible for the promo's, so they are stuck paying $79.00 a day for drink package. Way out of line! Actually, I feel it would be better to just buy drinks out of pocket at that price. Also, RCL lets only one person in the cabin purchase the package, not making both buy it.

Agree - there is NO WAY my son (nor would I let him) drink enough to justify the price but it is what it is he turns 21 a few days before our sailing and husband and I both have the UBP -

RCCI included a free drinks package for UK bookings last year (not sure whether they are including it this year as I haven't checked)

Nobody will ever be able to convince me that any drink is worth fifteen dollars.

Sadly that is a very normal drink price in NYC and all surrounding areas. So if I see it on a cruise it's not surprising to me although drinks are rarely that high on cruises. However I do feel it is highway robbery to charge that much, and often more, for a cocktail or a glass of wine. Once we went out for a pre-fixe dinner that was $30 per person (restaurant week in NYC, a real bargain for 3 course meal). I asked the waiter to choose a glass of wine that would pair nicely with my main course, he decided to choose a $21 glass of white. Seriously dude!

On another note, I do think the $79 is very high for how little it includes compared to Royal and Princess, but, those two are never giving it away (or very very rarely), so it's hard to compare. $99 for one week of drinking is quite a bargain to me. Perhaps they can find a better way to market it so it seems more appealing to passengers. Currently it seems to leave a bad impression with some people based on the way it's described.

RCCI included a free drinks package for UK bookings last year (not sure whether they are including it this year as I haven't checked)

Not the norm here in the states. As opposed to their Celebrity brand where I cannot remember a time when they weren't offering a free classic beverage promotion.