Warning on ebay carnival gift cards

HawkIVette

If you bought the Carnival Gift cards on eBay, please verify that they work with Carnival.

I tried several times to get them last night. I was locked out of my PayPal account last night till I called PayPal this morning.

Got my account re-established this morning, tried to buy them again and was locked out again.

By this time, I was steaming mad, thinking that PayPal was to blame (eBay seller was PayPal_digital_gifts ). Called them again this morning and was told they are not associated with this seller and that they are fraudulent company.

Hope everyone that bought these gift cards actually got what they bought and did not get taken. Good luck with your purchase.

Edited by HawkIVette

I haven't gotten my codes yet, but sometimes it takes awhile. I have ordered from them before and have in fact applied them as deposits/payments through Carnival. They are 100% legit.

I think PayPal meant that they aren't affiliated with that company which is true. However if you look at their history, how many they have sold, and how long they have been around, you can see they aren't a scam. eBay would have shut them down a long time ago. No need to alarm everyone.

Edited by firemanbobswife

I haven't gotten my codes yet, but sometimes it takes awhile. I have ordered from them before and have in fact applied them as deposits/payments through Carnival. They are 100% legit.

I think PayPal meant that they aren't affiliated with that company which is true. However if you look at their history, how many they have sold, and how long they have been around, you can see they aren't a scam. eBay would have shut them down a long time ago. No need to alarm everyone.

Sure they have a lot of good reviews, but I always look at the negative ones. That's what tells the story.

Thanks for the warning. I didn't attempt to buy them with this last deal, because I had a helluva time getting them a while back when the $15 off coupon was offered. Only worked using paypal credit specifically, and paypal is quick to lock you out of your account. I'm down for any decent discount but not for hours of aggravation trying to figure it out.

I used the cards I got immediately though by applying them to my balance. Not sure I would buy anymore from ebay.

Edited by cruizinisthebest

bobswife, I really do hope it is legit. Good luck. I will just have to wait for more from Verizon, myself.

I'll let ya know when I get them and verify the amounts with Carnival online.

This is the same company that whenever there is a sale on eBay and someone is kind enough to post on here that they are 15-20% off, that everyone buys through. I was skeptical at first too, but after saving a lot of cash using them, I am a believer :).

I have bought them several times without an issue. They definitely are 100% legit

In the past I get them within 5 minutes. Havent received mine from last night yet, however they say within 24 hours and I am sure they are over loaded due to the sale. I am not worried, I know they will come in eventually.

I'll let ya know when I get them and verify the amounts with Carnival online.

This is the same company that whenever there is a sale on eBay and someone is kind enough to post on here that they are 15-20% off, that everyone buys through. I was skeptical at first too, but after saving a lot of cash using them, I am a believer :).

Great. I am happy for you that it has and will work out. I always enjoy reading your posts and are pretty well versed in cruising it seems.

I am a retired FireFighter and seem to find a connection with you (or your Hubby). Enjoy your next cruise and good luck again.

Called them again this morning and was told they are not associated with this seller and that they are fraudulent company.

Not fraudulent at all. They have about a 225 to 1 ratio of good to bad ratings. They are simply a high volume seller and for various reasons (including buyer knowledge (lack of)) the transactions don't go as expected.

Great. I am happy for you that it has and will work out. I always enjoy reading your posts and are pretty well versed in cruising it seems.

I am a retired FireFighter and seem to find a connection with you (or your Hubby). Enjoy your next cruise and good luck again.

Well thank you!!! Which department are you retired from?

Fort Dodge, IA - Local 622 IAFF. Was 29 years on the job and retired Apr 2012. Now I just try to spend as much time as I can on Carnival.

Nice! firemanbob has become bored with cruising, so if and when he retires, I'll be looking to spend as much time on a cruise ship (kind of like now) :D. He needs to stay busy doing things so he prefers to stay back. Secretly I think he enjoys having just the men home so doesn't mind me going cruising 2-3 times a year ;).

They do work. Paid off half of my current cruise(s) using the email card/codes from Paypal Digital Gifts (or whatever their name is). I also had 9 or 10 $100 cards from them that were applied to my S&S with ease last May.

what's the advantage of using these? Doesn't seem to be a discount right now, are they usually discounted?

They were 15% off and if you had the email from eBay you could also get 10% back in eBay bucks. On $700 worth I saved $164.50 with that factored in [emoji4].

I tried to buy them last night because of the 15% off sale, but couldn't get the payment via paypal to work. I saw on another message board that a lot of people had the same problem I did. I kept getting a transaction error.

All $700 received via ecards. 100% legit verified through Carnival.

Great news. I worry too much, but when it locked out my PayPal twice, I was expecting the worse.

Glad it works out for most people (getting the G C's, anyway).

Great news. I worry too much, but when it locked out my PayPal twice, I was expecting the worse.

Glad it works out for most people (getting the G C's, anyway).

I don't know what the issue was with PayPal but I was getting really frustrated with it too. Just keep trying next time. Hopefully when you called PayPal they were able to fix your account.

I don't know what the issue was with PayPal but I was getting really frustrated with it too. Just keep trying next time. Hopefully when you called PayPal they were able to fix your account.

That was kind of my problem (PayPal). They shut off my account the first time I tried to buy them around 8:00 that night. Could not get a hold of them on the phone (34 minutes on hold, finally hanging up) or get it restored online that night.

Called them around 9:00 in the morning and got it restored. Tried to buy them again then, and the same thing happen again. Had to call them back (another 30 minutes on hold) to get PayPal restored again and decide to not try again after the girl with PayPal told me they were fraudulent.

Like I said before, would love the extra 5%, but will stick with Verizon from now on. Never had an issue with them.

That was kind of my problem (PayPal). They shut off my account the first time I tried to buy them around 8:00 that night. Could not get a hold of them on the phone (34 minutes on hold, finally hanging up) or get it restored online that night.

Called them around 9:00 in the morning and got it restored. Tried to buy them again then, and the same thing happen again. Had to call them back (another 30 minutes on hold) to get PayPal restored again and decide to not try again after the girl with PayPal told me they were fraudulent.

Like I said before, would love the extra 5%, but will stick with Verizon from now on. Never had an issue with them.

To be honest I think the issue was PayPal itself. They tend to be flaky at times. Did they give you an actual reason why your account locked out? I purchased cards on the last go round and had great success also. PayPal messed up at first but I just went through it again and it worked fine. I've had issues with PayPal and other sites before.

As you stated though if it causes you the issues depending on the amount you're getting the extra 5% may just not be worth the hassle.