Switching names around on a reservation

Hi all -- We (my mom and dad, my brother & nephew, and myself) are traveling on the Enchantment in 29 days. There is a possibility my brother may not be able to make it, for health reasons (yes, we have insurance). My nephew would still come.

We have three rooms -- dad and mom, brother & nephew, and mine. My nephew is 15, so if my brother cannot make it, he is too young to be on his (from RC's perspective). Will they allow us to change the reservations now, just switching my mom and my brother's name, without repricing? If my brother had to cancel at the last minute, what would they do to the room? (We can figure out our actual room assignments when on board.)

My dad made the reservation through a TA (their friend), so I told him to call her. There is no OBC or anything associated with this, just don't want to pay more.

Thanks in advance for your sage advice and wisdom. I hope this was clear. :)

They will allow you to switch your mom and brother without repricing because they are not the only ones in the stateroom. You can switch names as long as one name on the original booking stays the same.

If brother has to cancel past the refund date, then just have him be a "no-show"...the cabin is already paid for at that point. He will take up the issue with the insurance....but it shouldn't affect your pricing at all.

Once onboard, they don't care who sleeps where!

Thanks -- my question, though, is if my brother is a "no show", what might they do with the nephew's room, since I think you have to be 18 to have your own room.

If my brother can't make it, the 15 year old nephew will have his own room, but I don't think the room can be in just his name.

(And yes, we have strict rules with him if this is the case; we did it before on another cruise when his dad couldn't go. Including we have keys to his room and walk in with just a quick knock as notice. Of course, we hope my brother comes, I just want to have a contingency plan.)

Edited by ricklepickle

Thanks -- my question, though, is if my brother is a "no show", what might they do with the nephew's room, since I think you have to be 18 to have your own room.

If my brother can't make it, the 15 year old nephew will have his own room, but I don't think the room can be in just his name.

(And yes, we have strict rules with him if this is the case; we did it before on another cruise when his dad couldn't go. Including we have keys to his room and walk in with just a quick knock as notice. Of course, we hope my brother comes, I just want to have a contingency plan.)

Royal allows minors to be in their own stateroom as long as that stateroom is next to or across the hall from the responsible adult. The website will not all this type of booking, you have to call.

Edited by clarea