Quality Inn Ft Lauderdale/ airport cruiseport

saltshell

I have booked this hotel for one night pre- cruise. Does the hotel have an airport shuttle? If not, how much approximately, will a taxi cost?

Their website states that they offer a free shuttle to/from FLL as well as to/from Port Everglades:

http://www.qualityinnandsuitesftlauderdale.com/

Edited by brunello22

The site I checked didn't show this info; thanks for the link. The price was right and the site says that the hotel is frequented by cruise passengers. I am travelling solo so I pray all will be acceptable.

The site I checked didn't show this info; thanks for the link. The price was right and the site says that the hotel is frequented by cruise passengers. I am travelling solo so I pray all will be acceptable.

To ease your mind, why not call the hotel directly? I'm sure the desk clerk can give you the information you are looking for.....good luck:)

• 1 month later...

I'm also traveling solo and staying here before my Nov cruise. It has both airport and cruiseport shuttles complimentary. I found a youtube video about the hotel..

I have stayed here this past March. They do have a free shuttle from FLL to the hotel. But you have to call from the hotel shuttle area for them to come. When you arrive at the hotel, you will be able to sign up for the free shuttle to PE. Hotel is nice and there is a shopping center behind it. There's a K-Mart, a BJs (where you can buy wine), and more stores and plenty of restaurants. There is also a McDonald's next to the hotel. Will be staying here again in March.

We will also be staying here pre cruise in April.

Would be interested in your thoughts when you return

See my post right above yours. Quality Inn here is my first choice. I have stayed at the Summerhill Suites across the street twice. Summerhill always ran bout $100 more a night than QI. For pre-cruse, we now stay at the QI. If you stay at the Summerhill, you would have to cross a very busy street to get to the shopping and food.

See my post right above yours. Quality Inn here is my first choice. I have stayed at the Summerhill Suites across the street twice. Summerhill always ran bout $100 more a night than QI. For pre-cruse, we now stay at the QI. If you stay at the Summerhill, you would have to cross a very busy street to get to the shopping and food.

Thanks for the info. It seems as if QI is a good choice:).

I assume from your post that Oakwood Plaza is on the same side of the street as QI.

I have booked this hotel for one night pre- cruise. Does the hotel have an airport shuttle? If not, how much approximately, will a taxi cost?

For sure call the hotel directly. Things change. Too there could be schedules for pickups that you want to be aware of.

Yes, Oakwood Plaza is on the same side as the Quality Inn. You do not have to cross the busy highway to get there.

And this past March, they did have a free shuttle (just call the hotel when you have your luggage and are at the hotel shuttle pick-up area) from the airport and a free shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. Just make sure when you check into the hotel you sign up for the shuttle to the cruise port. They have different times depending on the ship your are embarking.

This is the worst hotel to stay at!

Old style outside entrance rooms, with leaking water from A/C on sidewalks. Pool area has crumbling paving stones. Breakfast is all packaged things, somewhat best thing, is do it yourself waffles. Elevator is dark and scary. Long, long walk to rooms. Shuttle never picked me up at airport. A Ramada driver gave me a ride, he had seen me there for so long. I called 3 times, and he tried the drivers personal cell phone.

Cheap isn't everything!

This is the worst hotel to stay at!

Old style outside entrance rooms, with leaking water from A/C on sidewalks. Pool area has crumbling paving stones. Breakfast is all packaged things, somewhat best thing, is do it yourself waffles. Elevator is dark and scary. Long, long walk to rooms. Shuttle never picked me up at airport. A Ramada driver gave me a ride, he had seen me there for so long. I called 3 times, and he tried the drivers personal cell phone.

Cheap isn't everything!

We had no problems with this QI. Breakfast was good. We were on a high floor and no problem with the elevator. We called for the hotel shuttle and it arrived within in 10-15 minutes. Hotel room was newly renovated with comfy beds. Pool area was nice and we enjoyed our breakfast around the pool. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

We have stayed here several times. No complaints from us. Its not the Hilton or Hyatt but what you get for the money is very good. As long as there isn't any pestilence in the room and the toilet isn't overflowing i am good.

The breakfast is just the usual free stuff that you get at motels. In an hour or two I am going to be eating at the buffet on the Ship......so I am not hard to please.

If your really fussy, don't stay here its a plain Jane kind of Inn. The shuttle has always been prompt to take us to the ship and never had to wait more then four or five minutes to be picked up and head back to the motel.

• 2 months later...
We have stayed here several times. No complaints from us. Its not the Hilton or Hyatt but what you get for the money is very good. As long as there isn't any pestilence in the room and the toilet isn't overflowing i am good.

The breakfast is just the usual free stuff that you get at motels. In an hour or two I am going to be eating at the buffet on the Ship......so I am not hard to please.

If your really fussy, don't stay here its a plain Jane kind of Inn. The shuttle has always been prompt to take us to the ship and never had to wait more then four or five minutes to be picked up and head back to the motel.

There are pics on tripadvisor of dead cockroaches in somebody's room. Another person posted pictures of other nasty stuff found in their room. Yet a 3rd person claims they were bitten by bed bugs with an arm picture with bites as proof. I am booked for next February thru a PL Express Deal. If I had known I was getting this hotel (QI on Stirling Rd) I would have not chosen the deal. I don't think any amount of savings is worth the risk of dealing with these problems. :(