Any advice on catching a room on a sold out sailing?

gagirl2006

Is there anyway some relatives can work their rooms around to accommodate a child? Then you can book a 3 person instead of a 4? Like someone with a 2 person room move into a 3 and you book another 3? Would get you on the ship.

I wish but there are no 3 passenger rooms either!

IWIKWPVPM

For those not in the know of my acronym....

I wished I knew what PVP meant! :p

Personal Vacation Planner. They are your designated contact at Carnival. They work there.

I have a great PVP. When I call he knows me even if I just give him my first name. Any changes I need - bam! Done. Bookings linked together - done. Issues? Handled. It's so much easier to have one person to deal with there vs getting the luck of the draw when calling the regular number. Those that have a good one know the value.

Find out when "final payment date" is, and check around that time. Something will probably open.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sounds like the best option at this time. With the cruise sold out, if any cabin opens up, the cost will be top dollar for it.:eek: And it will have to be paid in full at that time.

I wish but there are no 3 passenger rooms either!

Oh shoot my brain caught the 4 person rooms were sold out but missed the whole cruise was sold out. That may not mean they are at capacity though. Are any of the rooms your friends/family are booked into a higher capacity room than they are using? You may check out online floor plans and see if maybe there are 2 people in rooms that hold 3 etc. If so call and see if you can add a person to each of those rooms. If they are not sailing at capacity then they will still be able to add people even though the rooms are sold for the cruise.

Only other option would be to find another cruise with the same itinerary and book it, then just meet up in ports. I've had friends/family that have had to do that. Book on separate cruises with matching ports. It worked out well, yeah they didn't get to hang out on the ship together but everyone still had a great time on excursions and the islands together and enjoyed their separate ship time. Might be nice for your family to have a little separate time to yourself anyways and would definitely be cheaper.

Oh shoot my brain caught the 4 person rooms were sold out but missed the whole cruise was sold out. That may not mean they are at capacity though. Are any of the rooms your friends/family are booked into a higher capacity room than they are using? You may check out online floor plans and see if maybe there are 2 people in rooms that hold 3 etc. If so call and see if you can add a person to each of those rooms. If they are not sailing at capacity then they will still be able to add people even though the rooms are sold for the cruise.

Only other option would be to find another cruise with the same itinerary and book it, then just meet up in ports. I've had friends/family that have had to do that. Book on separate cruises with matching ports. It worked out well, yeah they didn't get to hang out on the ship together but everyone still had a great time on excursions and the islands together and enjoyed their separate ship time. Might be nice for your family to have a little separate time to yourself anyways and would definitely be cheaper.

Carnival has REALLY gotten away from letting you put less people in a cabin than it will accommodate, so that probably is not an option.

As an FYI, Carnival had a few sales last year where they let TA's put cabins on hold with no money down. The option date for these cabins, in which the full deposit of $250 per person must be paid, is 5 months prior to sail date (I think). If you keep looking, you may find some cabins available once inventory has been returned. I just checked and the only categories available are 1A and PT. 2 of the cabins had a lower bed and convertible sofa, if you're willing to split up the adults and kids. Good luck.

I will definitely be checking myself! I wish I could get an alert. :-) Thank you!!

One of the popular cruise price trackers has an option to alert you when a certain category of cabin becomes available again. You might want to try it.

You'll just need go on Google and fish around for the cruise price tracker in question. ;)

• 1 month later...