Live/Semi-Live review Explorer of the Seas May 20, 2016

You can get blankets for the movies on the pool deck from the towel station, using your SeaPass card. It's averaging in the low to mid 50s right now, as we are currently on the cruise. It's not COLD, but can be a bit chilly with the wind for sure.

Is the sea pass card just used as a deposit, and when you return the blanket, you get your deposit back?

Is the sea pass card just used as a deposit, and when you return the blanket, you get your deposit back?

They don't hold the card, they scan it and record the number of towels/blankets you check out. When you return them, they scan your card again and check them back in.

I was on this sailing, as mentioned previously.

Here's an album of photos- there are north of 400 of the 2000 I took. Tons of ship photos. Our cabin was 1854, one of the family panoramic ov's

Enjoy!!

Awesome photos! Thanks for sharing! :D

Greenbbs where were you that you saw all the Bears

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Skagway. We did an independent excursion to Carcross and Caribou Corners, then to emerald lake. They were all along the route

You can get blankets for the movies on the pool deck from the towel station, using your SeaPass card. It's averaging in the low to mid 50s right now, as we are currently on the cruise. It's not COLD, but can be a bit chilly with the wind for sure.

Is that the evening temperature or daytime? If daytime, does it get much colder at night?

Is anyone using the pool? Riding the surfing simulator?

Thanks!!

I have seen people bringing in water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is free drinking water readily available on the ship? Or is bringing some bottled water a good idea? (We opted to skip all of the beverage package options.)

Thanks!

Kinny,

Thanks for the detailed review!

I'm trying to figure out which coat to take: mid length fleece-lined rain jacket, waist length hooded down jacket, or full on ankle length down jacket that basically looks like I'm wearing a sleeping bag. We have an interior room so will be on deck for the glacier viewing, so I want to be plenty warm, but am concerned if I'll have the room to pack the bigger coat.

Thanks for the help! Starting to get excited and anxious to be sure I do it right :)

I would say the first or second jacket. Take a pr of nylons or pantyhose check the temps just before you go. Youll be at the glacier for several hourse, so if you get cold, you can go inside the ship and warm up You'll be fine! Have fun!

Is free drinking water readily available on the ship? Or is bringing some bottled water a good idea? (We opted to skip all of the beverage package options.)

Thanks!

They do have drinking water but if you are sensitive to sodium intake, I would bring some bottle water. My Mom's feet were swollen drinking the ship's water and it went away after she switched to bottle water. The desalination of the water makes the water taste great though.

Is that the evening temperature or daytime? If daytime, does it get much colder at night?

Is anyone using the pool? Riding the surfing simulator?

Thanks!!

As far as I know the pool and the flowrider was being used during the day. Its a bit cold for my taste, but I am from Texas. [emoji16]

• 2 weeks later...

Forgive me if I missed this (I have done a relatively quick search), but were there any naturalists/rangers on board for any lectures? Did they have any discussions on what you were seeing/looking for while sailing through Tracy Arm or the other areas? We did Princess several years ago and they had one the whole time-- I didn't think to check this one before I booked. Although we did chose RCCL for the kid activities/amenities-- I do want them to learn a little something ; ) Trying to figure out if I need to get a couple travel books and have some family lessons before our departure!

Forgive me if I missed this (I have done a relatively quick search), but were there any naturalists/rangers on board for any lectures? Did they have any discussions on what you were seeing/looking for while sailing through Tracy Arm or the other areas? We did Princess several years ago and they had one the whole time-- I didn't think to check this one before I booked. Although we did chose RCCL for the kid activities/amenities-- I do want them to learn a little something ; ) Trying to figure out if I need to get a couple travel books and have some family lessons before our departure!

There was one if I remember correctly. It was held at the Star Lounge. :)

Thanks for taking the time to post your entire experience. It definitely made our August cruise easier. Your photographs were amazing and, quite frankly, I think Royal Caribbean should throw you a free cruise for all of your positive comments.

Thanks for taking the time to post your entire experience. It definitely made our August cruise easier. Your photographs were amazing and, quite frankly, I think Royal Caribbean should throw you a free cruise for all of your positive comments.

Ha! Free cruise would be heaven. [emoji16]. And thank you. [emoji3]

Thank you for your thorough report of your cruise. I have a few questions which I can't find an answer to. First, I have read some reviews that say that the refurb included a 3D theater, but I have never seen a picture or read where a cruiser actually used it. Did you see/use it on your cruise?

Second, I don't any listing of actual jazz or smooth jazz (sax, or other brass instruments) at Dizzy's Jazz Club. Is there?

thanks,

Thank you for your thorough report of your cruise. I have a few questions which I can't find an answer to. First, I have read some reviews that say that the refurb included a 3D theater, but I have never seen a picture or read where a cruiser actually used it. Did you see/use it on your cruise?

Second, I don't any listing of actual jazz or smooth jazz (sax, or other brass instruments) at Dizzy's Jazz Club. Is there?

thanks,

The theater is 3D capable, but I did not see any 3D movies showing on my sailing. Also no smooth jazz that I know of, but a lot could happen in a couple of months. :)