Live/Semi-Live review Explorer of the Seas May 20, 2016

Bob, I know the RCI website says that luggage valet is available in Seattle (and goodness knows, the website is never wrong), but I am being told that there is some sort of contract dispute and so it is not being offered at present. :(

(See below, I'm not the only one who has heard this.) :rolleyes:

Thanks for the update Karen.:)

Victoria, British Columbia.

27244692416_7dc486fb2d_b.jpgIMG_2484 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27003556980_51142419d1_b.jpgIMG_2549 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

We took the cruise shuttle at $10us per person round trip from pier to downtown. Then we took the 90minute hop on / hop off tour around town at $36 per person. Look into Groupon because I've been told there is a deal on the hop on / hop off bus deal. :D

27003508050_b147b3cfe1_b.jpgIMG_2538 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

For lunch before the bus tour, we went to Chinatown for some food.

On the way to Chinatown, we caught a glimpse of this gem. So beautiful. :D

26672827103_e55111b591_b.jpgIMG_2517 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

After taking the shuttle back to the pier, I decided to take a walk to the light house. According to my watch, it's 2000+ steps round trip. :D

27003562480_aacd4a53b7_b.jpgIMG_2544 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27003560260_fc803d43e5_b.jpgIMG_2546 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

The view is awesome if you don't mind the walk.

27245206446_ee06597a8b_b.jpgIMG_2545 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27003558580_99fb259ff6_b.jpgIMG_2547 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

For dinner tonight, it's Chops part duex! :D

Goat cheese salad. The pecan is time is nice and crunchy.

27003553420_4d033272a8_b.jpgIMG_2552 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

They ran out of bacon, so I got the scallop. It was actually really good.

27245200716_4a6078fd28_b.jpgIMG_2553 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

This time I tried the Dry Aged 16oz NY Strip. I actually like it better than the 20oz Porterhouse.

27003551970_640182ed1b_b.jpgIMG_2554 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Sides.

27245235826_85e5eb426f_b.jpgIMG_2556 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Our waiter brought us two of these. I don't know why. Maybe because we went to Chops twice this sailing? Whatever it is, I'm not going to turn down free food. Especially free shrimps. :D

27245196566_14ac1410a3_b.jpgIMG_2555 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Desert? The cheesecake won again. :p LOL

27003600190_02f9622a6d_b.jpgIMG_2557 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

So what does one do if he has $150 non-refundable OBC he needs to spend? Well, he buys himself a nice watch. :D Titanium chasis, Eco-drive, and 100m WR.

27245235056_bdd71c30ea_b.jpgIMG_2558 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

I didn't see a reference to Luggage Valet in the Cruise Compasses posted. I board Explorer today, so I will definitely find out. :)

If you do find that they offer Luggage Valet, please post a photo of the sign-up form.

Bon Voyage!

Nice, was that really 150?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I paid $178 and some change with the 35% off sale. Still pretty good for not even $30. [emoji16]

I have enjoyed your photos so much, thanks for posting them ... especially the MDR menus! I'll admit I went through and chose what I would have had if I'd been there ;)

My husband has celiac disease and it is nice to see that there are lots of choices for him.

Can I ask - what are the different breakfast options? We plan on doing a pancake breakfast in bed once a week but other than that we're pretty boring - a smoothie or yoghurt for me and toast for him. I'm guessing we'll probably go to the windjammer most days?

I have enjoyed your photos so much, thanks for posting them ... especially the MDR menus! I'll admit I went through and chose what I would have had if I'd been there ;)

My husband has celiac disease and it is nice to see that there are lots of choices for him.

Can I ask - what are the different breakfast options? We plan on doing a pancake breakfast in bed once a week but other than that we're pretty boring - a smoothie or yoghurt for me and toast for him. I'm guessing we'll probably go to the windjammer most days?

You are very welcome. :D

Breakfast options are mainly MDR on most days with eggs, bacon, sausages (pork and turkey), hash brown, yogurt, granola, and different fruits. They also serve french toast, pan cake, oatmeal, etc... The Windjammer serves pretty much the same food, but in the MDR you can express your dietary needs that will suit your husband.

Because of all the flooding we have in Houston, we were stuck on the tarmac for nearly 2 hours before we get to the gate. Flights were cancelled, and people are stuck at the airport. I was suppose to be home by 9:30PM or so, but did not get home until 1:30AM. This is one of the aspect I did not enjoy flying. We got lost luggage (Mom lost her luggage, but good think it was found and delivered on the same day). We also had mechanical issues as well as weather. When it comes to flying, Murphy's Law is in full force. Anyway, here are some misc pics.

26565429333_d947a2b371_h.jpgIMG_2279 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

26580327674_0e32796c19_h.jpgIMG_2324 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

26911673220_efa38c60be_h.jpgIMG_2326 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27184374506_c5e13ae88b_k.jpgIMG_2352 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

26612738743_bc1e48b3c5_h.jpgIMG_2372 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Hope they do have it.

I was also on this cruise and asked about the valet service from Sea to RDU and was there was NO valet service. I sure would have helped a lot.

We were "8" and it took us approx. 3 hours from when our luggage tag was called until we arrived at the air port. We booked through the ship, not knowing what the mode of transportation would be. It was a bus (lots of buses lined up and it depended on which air line. Also LOTS and LOTS of luggage they were trying to fit on the buses. There where lots of reasons for the time to get to the airport that all added up, from waiting for the luggage to be loaded, then the traffic; it's awful getting to and from the ship. We were then unloaded at a tent where we checked in (Southwest) and luggage to be checked was tagged and loaded on the carts, then the walk to the terminal.

Getting luggage in the RCL terminal and getting through Customs was very fast. Then getting through Security/TSA at SEA was also very easy, no long lines of people, but the long weaving roped off lanes to walk through just to get to TSA took a bit of time. They had the dogs working the lines, so no need to take off shoes or standing on the foot prints and being scanned; just walk through.

I was also on this cruise and asked about the valet service from Sea to RDU and was there was NO valet service. I sure would have helped a lot.

We were "8" and it took us approx. 3 hours from when our luggage tag was called until we arrived at the air port. We booked through the ship, not knowing what the mode of transportation would be. It was a bus (lots of buses lined up and it depended on which air line. Also LOTS and LOTS of luggage they were trying to fit on the buses. There where lots of reasons for the time to get to the airport that all added up, from waiting for the luggage to be loaded, then the traffic; it's awful getting to and from the ship. We were then unloaded at a tent where we checked in (Southwest) and luggage to be checked was tagged and loaded on the carts, then the walk to the terminal.

Getting luggage in the RCL terminal and getting through Customs was very fast. Then getting through Security/TSA at SEA was also very easy, no long lines of people, but the long weaving roped off lanes to walk through just to get to TSA took a bit of time. They had the dogs working the lines, so no need to take off shoes or standing on the foot prints and being scanned; just walk through.

If you don't mind me asking, what time was your flight out of SEA? Our flight is at 12:30PM I just want to make sure we make our flights. Also did you see many cabs at the terminal, we were hoping to catch a cab.