Live/Semi-Live review Explorer of the Seas May 20, 2016

26621938343_d4884b7f07_b.jpgIMG_2411 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

On the way out we went around the ice and there were quite a bit of them.

27193498096_9c50c69f3f_b.jpgIMG_2406 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Things finally cleared up when we got out.

26622291703_5a9e0d538b_b.jpgP5241003 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

26622274453_6b00f1cae0_b.jpgP5241005 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27158791231_3fc5a49a00_b.jpgP5241018 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

I also took a couple pics at my parent's balcony.

27158757351_ed8fb75c00_b.jpgP5241021 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

After jogging 4k at the gym and all that running around the ship taking pics after lunch, I'm beat! Hence, I took the time to post all these pics. :D

I may go run some more anticipating all those lobsters I will eat tonight. :p

26620852164_4fcd752387_b.jpgIMG_2407 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Other than that I think I'm all caught up. :)

I do have to say, the weather has been really fantastic for this cruise. We went to Carcross yesterday on an independent your and the weather was absokutely breathtaking and added to the scenery. Same with Dawes Glacier and Endicott arm today. Very few sprinkles at all!

Too bad my phone won't let me upload pics.....I have some great ones. But the ones on my camera are even better. I'm the guy wandering around with the massive silver Sony lens if you see me!

Fantastic review!! Love all the details and the pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post it!!

If possible I would like to see the debarkation schedule for your cruise. I have a noon flight after I get off of the Explorer. I don't know if I will need to do self debarkation or if I will be able to put my bags out the night before. I am hoping it is the latter so I won't be as limited in my luggage choice. Thanks!

I do have to say, the weather has been really fantastic for this cruise. We went to Carcross yesterday on an independent your and the weather was absokutely breathtaking and added to the scenery. Same with Dawes Glacier and Endicott arm today. Very few sprinkles at all!

Too bad my phone won't let me upload pics.....I have some great ones. But the ones on my camera are even better. I'm the guy wandering around with the massive silver Sony lens if you see me!

Please post them. I'm sure everyone would love to see them. :D Sony make some awesome cameras, so I'm sure they are fantastic. I, initially, had issue getting pics off of my Canon because my laptop doesn't like my SD cards formatted by my Canon for some odd reason, but I figured out the way around it getting the pics.

I ran a total of 9K today, so I'm ready for some Lobsters. :D

Thank you so much for posting this! We will be cruising on Explorer this same week, one year from now! Have you happened to have noticed what the hours for kids at Adventure Ocean are? I have been reading the newsletters you have here, and with the exception of 1 or 2 family events, really don't see much info.

Thank you! Have a wonderful cruise!

I think there is another wine list. I can try to locate the other one, but here is one posted at the bars.

Thanks! That does help. It's not a great lineup, but I guess it could be worse. I'm really looking forward to getting on the ship Friday, even though it means you have to get off! :D

Thanks! That does help. It's not a great lineup, but I guess it could be worse. I'm really looking forward to getting on the ship Friday, even though it means you have to get off! :D

Don't worry about me. I always have cruises line up somewhere. LOL. I think I took a pic of the wine list from Chops. I will post it when I get a chance.

So the waiter gave us the bad news that we are limited to one lobster tonight. No cool but I made a surf and turf out of this situation. The provision special must have short changed us on lobsters this sailing.

On another news. FaceTime works great on WiFi. Streaming is definitely possible with 4mb down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much for posting this! We will be cruising on Explorer this same week, one year from now! Have you happened to have noticed what the hours for kids at Adventure Ocean are? I have been reading the newsletters you have here, and with the exception of 1 or 2 family events, really don't see much info.

Thank you! Have a wonderful cruise!

9a-noon, 2p-5p, and 7p-10p

Fantastic review!! Love all the details and the pictures. Thanks for taking the time to post it!!

If possible I would like to see the debarkation schedule for your cruise. I have a noon flight after I get off of the Explorer. I don't know if I will need to do self debarkation or if I will be able to put my bags out the night before. I am hoping it is the latter so I won't be as limited in my luggage choice. Thanks!

Would also like to see so I can set up transportation to airport. We are in no hurry because our flight is at 4:30. Thanks for your great review with awesome pictures.

Hey Kinney.... awesome pics! I'm just posting a review of the 4-day sailing prior to this sailing and saw this thread come up, been going through it since. Superb review and nice to see some different things from your perspective. Following :)

Say, how has crowding been in the interior public spaces considering the colder temps and open upper decks (no Solarium)?

I had always thought that the Promenade and other interior venues would overcrowd especially on sea days during inclement weather. What's your take?

Edited by Hoopster95

Hey Kinney.... awesome pics! I'm just posting a review of the 4-day sailing prior to this sailing and saw this thread come up, been going through it since. Superb review and nice to see some different things from your perspective. Following :)

Say, how has crowding been in the interior public spaces considering the colder temps and open upper decks (no Solarium)?

I had always thought that the Promenade and other interior venues would overcrowd especially on sea days during inclement weather. What's your take?

Thanks! I never have issues getting around in the Royal Promenade, but elevators can be very congested like any other cruises I've experienced. None of the venues I've been to tonight was crowded which was very surprising. I think it may have something to do with the time change. Especially for us from Texas, there is a 3 hour difference after day 2, so I think a lot of use are retiring early into our rooms.

MDR menu for Day 5

26630358323_504cde9163_b.jpgIMG_2415 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

I took a pic of my Mom's Snow Crab Salad she had for her starter.

26630377883_79022fb8ec_b.jpgIMG_2416 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

I had the Cream Wild Mushrooms. It was a bit salty, but it has the right texture.

26629203464_0eca22c9e9_b.jpgIMG_2417 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Our waiter told us we are limited to one lobster per person. :( So I had the Fisherman's Plate

26629200554_0184410f76_b.jpgIMG_2418c by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

And I ordered a Manhattan Strip Steak to make my own Surf and Turf.

27138915252_9fe1eaf1cc_b.jpgIMG_2419 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

After dinner, I went back to my room to change into a more casual attire. Then I see this. Well, that's not good. LOL

27201790826_babce871b7_b.jpgIMG_2423 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Off I went to take pics from random places.

26960866090_efc846a345_b.jpgIMG_2424 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27236026545_5f2d7e75e9_b.jpgIMG_2425 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

26630461803_5268e86451_b.jpgIMG_2436 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27167068961_ec48f971ca_b.jpgIMG_2432 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

26629346004_0efce6c4eb_b.jpgIMG_2441 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Checked out the magic show for a few minutes.

The old disappearing trick eh? :D

27201945316_3f432899a5_b.jpgIMG_2443 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

I was also lucky enough to catch the sunset at a little bit after 9PM.

27167162141_b398d8af5f_b.jpgIMG_2444 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

27201942206_81d58f81e7_b.jpgIMG_2445 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Then I caught some "Top Notch Band" action. They are a decent band that plays 60s, 70s, and 80s music.

27167074091_fc9cacdb0c_b.jpgIMG_2429 by kinnylee@yahoo.com, on Flickr

Sorry for the delay. There is a Kate Spade handbag section at the Fashion District shop, so get your Seapass card ready. :D
im just catching up. Thank you so much! Oooohhhh I'm going to start saving NOW!! :D

How exciting. My Kate Spade wallet has been such good quality, it has been worth every cent. It still looks brand new, the leather is lovely.

So the waiter gave us the bad news that we are limited to one lobster tonight. No cool but I made a surf and turf out of this situation. The provision special must have short changed us on lobsters this sailing.

On another news. FaceTime works great on WiFi. Streaming is definitely possible with 4mb down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good to hear about the streaming. My daughter, Maddie, and I like to Periscope our vacations. Usually, they're Disney World 'Scopes, but I'm sure our followers won't mind a glimpse or two of Alaska! Hoping we can get a couple scopes in during the cruise if the wi-fi works properly. Do you have to buy the streaming wi-fi package for the whole cruise or can you do it day-by-day? How has cell service and data been in the ports?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer our questions and post your wonderful review and pics!!!